Best ways to cope with loss of mother

I woke with great sadness today and had a little cry, I got out of bed and heard a robin singing :heart: now to get through the working day whilst the residents celebrate mothers day, going to try and stay out of the way if I can x

Bless you Jess, so sorry you have had such a difficult day.
The Robin sings a lovely song, my nabour has robins in her garden :heart:, I hope its song lifted your spirits.

I stayed in for most of the day other then walk Ruby, a very kind person from church bought me some flowers(daffodils)

The house went very cold earlier for some unexplained reason and Ruby did not like it, but has warmed up again to ‘normal’.

Try to rest tonight, today will have been even harder then usual in every sense.

Hope your cat is getting better. :heart_eyes_cat:

Blessings to all Jess, I know you are having a particularly difficult time, my thoughts are with you. :innocent:

Tim xx

Me too Tim, me and my mum used to watch it together
How are you today? I’ve been asleep most of the day. My boyfriend took my daughter to see his mum to give me some time alone, had a nice bath and when they came back we all had lunch and went up to bed. She’s still asleep, so is he. I’m tired again so probably fall asleep again soon. I feel bad I didn’t take flowers to my mum today, I didn’t want to go there today. My dad’s going to go with me on Tuesday to do it. She isn’t there, only her body. If she’s anywhere she’s right beside me watching me being a mum this Mother’s Day.
Love to you all, @Jess1 sorry the Mother’s Day stuff at work upset you, I can only imagine being around all of that, I think I’d have struggled too. Over time, we will be able to appreciate that whilst our mums aren’t here, we were so blessed to have such wonderful mums! Some people do not experience their mother’s love at all, which is so heartbreaking. Our heart break is because we were loved so much.
Amy xxx

1 Like

Wow guys it’s exactly a year today since my Mum passed and you’ll never guess what! Like I didn’t feel shit enough my Dad ended up texting me telling me that it was his wedding day today and it went great. I feel physically sick and I told him straight that it was super selfish of him and he made out that he told me the date when he were getting married and didn’t realise and even told me it’s just a mad coincidence, I’m not that thick I’d have bloody well told him to pick another day to do it if he did! I feel all kinds of emotions now! Finding it very hard to cope to be honest!

That’s very cruel of him Jess and on a day you’d be struggling as it is … xx

Words fail me Jess, your Dad has the sensitivity of a jack hammer, and clearly does not give a dam for anyone but himself :exploding_head:

I hope you are spending the day with your gran, who is greaving the loss of her daughter, I am sure she to is finding the day difficult, and straight after mothering Sunday too, sometimes life is like a train crash in slow motion, and it feels like falling off the rails. :anguished:

I hope things improve for you soon, you have had more then your share of grief. :innocent:

Tim xx

Hello Laura, and how is life treating you?.
Its still pretty cold, Ruby going home tonight, I have ‘simple’ grief.
I hope you are feeling better, and when weather allows, you can get out to your dad’s allotment(its yours now)

No costumers yet regarding my cleaning business, so I will probably start making candles very soon.

Wish this cold weather would go away, sick of this perpetual ‘ice cube’ on my nose :cold_face:, I ware a one piece track suit with a fleece lined hood, overalls, self heating socks AND military grade socks, my feet are warm at least, its just my nose and hands, keep warm at night in my sleeping bag, Ruby is a grate Knine hot water bottle, but she will be sleeping with sis-in-law again tonight and keeping her warm instead.

Hope you have a good week :slightly_smiling_face:, look after your mum.

Tim xx

Hi all , I’m not sure what grief I have but it seems to come in waves and at times I can’t believe this has happened. .each day is hard but I’m particularly struggling at the moment . Probably due to juggling so much while I feel crap . It will pass and I will cope a bit better .
I plan to get on my bike this week if the weather is ok . It’s been miserable here today and raining all day tomorrow .

Tim - when will Ruby be back I think she is good company for you !
Love to all xx

Not sure when I will have her again Laura, sorry you feel so crap :persevere:!!
Try not to take on so much at once, being a mother with a growing 12 year old that is
very difficult I know, and they can be very demanding at that age, you need to make it clear to everyone you need some 30 minutes YOU time, either in the morning or at night, ware you can just ‘come up to breathe’ in your own space, meditate with something that will just take the stress off, read a book or take a relaxing bath, you will fell better for it and your son will learn to understand, part of growing up!.

Enjoy your evening :innocent:

Tim xx

Yes I do need to make a bit of time . I usually do in the evenings . My son has been poorly they catch all
Sorts at school so that hasn’t helped xx

Sorry your son is ill, hope not serius.xx

From what you say Amy I can say 2 things, the bad news and the good news.

The bad news is YOU ARE STILL GRIEVING.

The good news is YOU ARE WORKING THROUGH THIS AND GETTING BETTER, and will be mentally tougher and more resilient at the end of it.

Just hang in there, keep going and doing what you are doing now and you will find your spirits lifting, work with each other, and while you are experiencing highs and lows, overall the trend is upward.

Stop feeling guilty about feeling better, that is very self destructive, and what has happened is certainly NOT your fault, so stop feeling bad about not feeling bad.

Your mum would want you to make a success of your life, and to bring up Romy to be like you, and so walk with in your mothers foot steps to, be proud of your mum, and make Romy proud of her too.

Blessings to all :innocent:

Tim xx

1 Like

Hi Laura, what sort of day have you had?.

Hello Tim , another hectic one , looking after my son he is in the mend now , I’ve been working from home and taking my mum to the super market and making dinner . However I have stopped now - husband is cleaning up and I’m going for a long bath !
How have you been ?
X

Hello Laura, went to my monthly Tuesday lunch(a friend gave me a lift) spent some hours putting up a door frame penal in my snug, took early to bed and got up again at midnight.
Glad son is on the mend and hope you enjoyed your bath, hope your mum is ok.

Tim x

Evening all, how has your day been?.

Is your son better Laura?.

Jess, is your neighbour still 'keeping the peace?

How has life treated you Amy, did you go on Tuesday with your dad?.

Blessings to all. :innocent:

Tim x

Hi he still has a cough but they can linger . Definitely a lot better .
How have you been ?
I’ve been working and took my mum to coffee morning . Also managed to get to an exercise class so I will be aching tomorrow . I haven’t managed to get there since my Dad passed .
Xx

Hi Laura, there has been this 100 day cough going the rounds at the moment, some say it is related to covid, but as long as he is on the mend, my mum had hooping cough when she was young, and one of the treatments believe it or not was to stand outside the gas works!,

Glad you got your mum to coffee morning, good for her.
Sounds like your neck and back is better, hope you had a good class.
Been putting up some book shelves in my snug, I intend to use it as a study as well.

Hope your day goes well. :innocent:

Tim xx

Hi , Yes i did wonder about the 100 day cough , he is still coughing but it is less frequent but it is areally deep cough. it seems to be going so that’s good.
they had some funny treatments back in the day didn’t they , Apparently they say to put onions in your socks when you have a cold - not tried that one !
Had a nother busy day at work but I am off tomorrow , going a bike ride in the morning - not been since last time when i saw my buterfly.
Bookshelves sound good - do you read a lot ? I am a book worm.
Hope everyone is as well as can be xx

Hi Laura, yes, I am the bit of a book worm and I love books, have them on all sorts of subjects.
Went to solicitor today to sign some papers re the house,transfer off ownership.
Next time I have a cold I will try onions in my socks, they are acupuncture points after all and it may make some sense.
Got a bird house on the way, I will fit a perching stick and drill some drainage holes underneath before I set it up, hope to attract some robins(they are in next doors garden, hopefully some ‘real estate’ will attract them.
Hope you enjoy your bike ride, look out for the butterflies!.
Hope your mum is ok, enjoy your evening. :innocent:

Tim xx