Best ways to cope with loss of mother

That’s a great idea Tim ,
Hope you get some residents ! Xx

If ‘tenants’ move in I will send you some pics, I might even set up a webcam and stream it on youtube if it looks interesting enough, might well see little birds fighting over it, some times other small birds try to ‘serve’ eviction notices on the incumbent ‘tenants’! (my crazy way of saying forcefully evict!! :crazy_face:)

Enjoy your bike ride

Tim xx

Hi Laura.
Hope you enjoyed your bike ride.
Have set up my hanging bird box in the most sheltered part of the garden (see pics)
No doubt Jess you would have done a better job.

Hope all ok, Amy,Jess, you seem to have both disappeared, have I said something or have you sensed the invisible horns growing out of my head??? :scream:

Seriously, I hope you are both as ok as you can be. :innocent:

Please give me advise regarding my bird box if you have any, have you seen Mr Robin Amy?.

Blessings to all :crazy_face:

Tim xx

1 Like

That’s terrible he picked that date :frowning: I’m so sorry. How are you feeling today? X

Hi Tim how are you? Sadly I’ve not seen mr robin in a while but keeping hope he will show again soon
Hope everyone is doing alright. I just get random and sudden bursts of sadness throughout the days and at night now and I have to tell myself it’s normal for these feelings to crop up. Not sure if I mentioned on here but I came off the sertraline completely it wasn’t agreeing with me
Amy xx

Hi Tim no we didn’t go I feel a bit guilty but we’ve all been unwell in this house for the past week and a half.
On a random note I stuck myself with a cactus splinter by accident obviously, last week, and I couldn’t get it out. Spent the early hours of this morning digging it out. My skin had hardened over top of it. I’ve never had anything like this before so totally clueless how to deal with it. I got it out this morning but my finger is looking worse for wear as I had to attack it with tweezers :frowning: on top of that my daughter is just poorly (still eating and acting herself though so not worried) and I’m not well myself so just taking it easy. I’m off soon for 2 weeks at Easter I can’t wait for the break.
Amy xx

Tim - it looks brilliant ! As long as it’s quiet I reckon they will come xx

All I would say Tim for robins I think they like their nests in bushes? Don’t take my word definitely look it up. But for all other garden birds I think they will settle in in no time. It looks lovely

I get those too @amyrose92 such a roller
Coaster isn’t it xx

1 Like

They do - my friend had a robin nest in a bag of compost … sometimes quite low down.

1 Like

Hello Amy, your mum will quite understand, and she would not want you at her grave anyway, and certainly not if you are ill.

Be sure to properly clean your finger up(ok Seaneen, this might qualify as medical advise, so what, I am helping a friend), I did something similar and I had to have it lanced and a course of antibiotics, my mum was asking about it, even on her death bed!!, know I go straight for salt and hot water, stings like mad, but anything is better then lancing!!!, do not be caught out like I was, I almost lost my right small finger, and with out antibiotics I would have lost my life.

About the burst of intense sadness I can only offer sympathy, grief effects us all in different ways Amy, and depends as much on your own physiology and biology as much as anything else, it does effect every cell in your body, it causes clinical symptoms, if the sadness persist or becomes overwhelming seek medical advise, the same goes for your finger if it does not quickly improve, looking after a little one you will always be washing and cleaning, suitable gloves might be a good idea, but NOT latex if you are allergic to latex, and it is surprising how many health workers develop an allergy to it. intense grief will make permanent changes to your brain, but do not be scared of that, you might be up and down for know, but in time you will be mentally tougher and more resilient, also be kind to yourself, take regular relaxing hot baths, cosy up to the fire and bond with Romy as much as you can (spend us much time with her as possible, good for both of you) by being kind to yourself it builds resilience, so stop feeling bad about the days you do not feel bad, and concentrate on Romy and yourself when you have days off, if you enjoy comedy then get the DVD’s , laughter is the best medicine, you could do with some of it, the two Ronnies, Morecambe and Wise, fawlty towers, and dads army, did more for the overall health of the nation in the 1970’s then the NHS, that’s a fact!!.

You are probably correct about the robins liking bushes, they can ambush better and have a ready supply of snails and grubs, if anything of interest takes up residence I will send pics and let you know, may need you to come and sort out unruly tenants in it!!.
Watch out for your Dad, boyfriend, and even Romy, they are all grieving, children grieve differently to adults, one day you will have to tell her when she is old enough to understand, your mums passing was her first experience of loss, although she has got that wonderful memory of your mum visiting her post her passing, she will remember that forever, and it will profoundly effect her belief in an afterlife in years to come, and will be useful to her in her life, that was a wonderful gift your mum gave her, like my experience with my twin brother the night after he passed.

Hold to the light and look to the future, in twenty years time you will probably be a
grand mother, and be wondering ware the years have gone, that’s what the spirits tell me anyway Amy.

Blessings to all

KBO :slightly_smiling_face:

Tim xx

1 Like

I do hope so Laura, its in the best part of the garden, sheltered from prevailing wind and gets some morning sun on it so they can sun bave on the veranda!, the theory is that the bigger birds will be just tipped of.

Did you get out on your bike?, and is your son over his illness and hows your mum?.

Enjoy your evening, get your half hour in!!.

Tim xx :innocent:

How has your day been Laura?, enrolled this morning at the local bowling club for the new season, lot of us there and while the weather was good the ground was deemed to wet for play, but it was a good social gathering and the coffee and cake was good.!!.

Put still more insulation into my snug, no door as yet, will get it finished sometime between know and mid summer :roll_eyes:

Got a strimmer on order complete with circular saw attachment, intend SERIUS go at garden, hopefully not another toe cap massacre!!. :boom:

How is your allotment?, you will be probably planting soon.

No residents yet in the bird box.

Hope all ok.

Blessings :innocent:

Tim xx

Ahh I love seeing the bowls in the summer !
I’ve been to the allotment today and planted onions and shallots . Lots of seeds coming along so we will be planting them soon.
I just hope they all grow . I don’t have my Dads green fingers . Not yet anyway xx

Do you go bowling ware you are?
You soon will have green figures and take after your dad, you will do him proud!!.xx

There is a bowling green quite locally - I just always think it looks very quaint when you see people playing in the summer . I like watching cricket too . A good idea for
You to enrol you will enjoy that I’m sure .
It’s very wet and miserable
Here today My sons rugby was cancelled again due to the pitches being waterlogged .
How are you …? X

I’m ok.
Glad to know your son is better.

My mum watched the cricket with her mum every weekend during the summer until she was married in 1957.

Church this morning, volunteered for sturerding duties on wednesday 12-2(yes, old army joke,'I want three volunteers, you,you, and you) actually it wasn’t like that, I just put my name down.

Overcast today, slight rain, slightly warmer.
Hope your mum ok.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon this St Patricks day (he wasn’t even from Ireland) :innocent:

Hello everyone sorry I haven’t said much over the past few days, I have been reading through the conversations but my head has been all over the place with everything that’s been going on.

Sadly it’s my partners Grandmas funeral tomorrow, which I’m feeling pretty anxious about, it just feels wrong to be attending yet another funeral. It’s such a weird feeling losing so many at once in such a short amount of time.

Me and my partner visited my Grandma today and I was watching out for my robin friends, they wasn’t coming until I put out some mealworms for them lol

It calms me watching all the wildlife come to my Grans garden, I do have a garden but nothing much happens in mine because there’s no greenery and if we do get birds it’s usually just pigeons, crows, magpies and seagulls lol.

We are getting ready to move into the bungalow and I’ve realised I may get to see more there which will be comforting for me!

Thanks Tim, I spend basically all my time with Romy we’re attached at the hip! She really does cheer me up, but I think toward the future and think I’ll be stuck with this sadness for the rest of my life, but she won’t be small forever. She’ll grow up and I just hope we always stay close. I think the childhood years are the best though, I cherish every minute. My mum would’ve loved her like this now, running about everywhere, she got to see her like that for a very short time.
I do put on dvds like chewin the fat or still game a lot to try distract myself and cheer myself up when I’m down.
My finger is doing alot better now the skin has almost healed up and I’m just glad I got the cactus splinter out, it was really painful.
I’m working from home all this week as there’s extensive road works near my house and then I’m off for 2 weeks; really looking forward to the break.
It’s hard thinking that I’ll get older and still be stuck with these feelings. But I am grateful for the good times and that I had a mum who loved me so much as so many don’t get that. Loss is just a part of life and it’s how we deal with it, like you’ve said grief is like a ball and over time is gets smaller but will still hurt sometimes.
Yes I think robins live in the bushes like some other birds, many don’t like being exposed out in the open and they build their nests in the bushes may be something to read into. I was going to say, another fun thing to make is an insect hotel! You can look them up on Google, you can make them at home or buy a kit. We’ve also built one for bees I got my kit of the RSPCA website :slight_smile: I also have the bee survival kits, you can put it on your keychain.
Hope everyone is doing okay tonight. Going to try turn in soon
Amy xx

1 Like

Sorry you’re having to attend another funeral :frowning: yes a bungalow will be much better, hopefully your bedroom might face the back garden and you can watch the birds out your window, my dads bedroom faces into our back garden and he has bird feeders sitting outside his window so he can watch them all hours of the day. It will cheer you up a bit seeing nature all around you :white_heart: