Best ways to cope with loss of mother

Hi Tim
My aches seem to have cleared up thank fully . Think I am over did it .
I’m glad you’re feeling in a better place - any plans to have Ruby back with you soon ? Xx

Hi Laura, glad you are feeling better, not having Ruby back in near future as far as I know and sis-in-law is on holiday, so unless her nabour takes a turn for the worse and cannot let her out in the middle of the day (NOT WISHING HER HARM!!!) I think Ruby will be staying were she is for the time being.

Last night felt like a return to winter, but it is now a spring morning in Grange, no wind know and a clearing sky, it is ofcourse good friday so when I have taken back a clock this afternoon might treat my self to fish and chips if the chippy is open in Flookburgh, otherwise I will have sardines and potato with veg cooked in my slow cooker, probably healthier, and more like food from the time of christ(are there sardines in the sea of Galilee?) at his time we had to catch and grow everything, now we get it all in tins from Sainsburys with barcodes on it.

Talking about growing I am sure you grow most of your own vedge, my dad had an allotment during the war and used to sell his produce in ulverston market, he was deemed unfit for active service because he had had deptherier when young, but he under stood about ‘dig for victory’.

Hope your mum and family ok, blessings to all :innocent:

Tim xx

Yes growing my own veg , it was Dad doing it before I’ve never done it till now so just have to hope
It works out . The onions are in and planting the potatoes this week . I have broccoli , Brussels , cauliflower , beetroot and cabbage growing .
How were your fish and chips . Good Friday is this Friday isn’t it ?
How is the weather - it’s raining here and I am off work all
Week - I hope it picks up !
Xx

Hi Laura, I love the idea of you growing your own veg(I hope to make all my own electricity later this year) not many carbon miles in that!!

Yes, I had my fish and chips from my local chippy and enjoyed it very much, reminds me I better do a shop before good Friday otherwise I might be short of 5 loathes and 2 fishes!!! :innocent:

Went to church yesterday, sighned up for an hours stureding on Saturday (1-2) and spent the afternoon working on my snug and attacking my lawn with my disk saw strimmer(still got my toes AND didgits :crazy_face:)

Wet this morning, and I think its all over, proberbly no balling on friday :anguished:

Enjoy your time off, keep your mum and family close :innocent:

Tim xx

Hi Laura, had another go with my lawn this morning in the good weather, it has more or less come to bits, I think I need to get as much moss out as I can then roll it with my heavy roller and aerate it with a fork and hope it will recover, (if I spread grass seed the birds will eat it!)

Had both ears syringed this afternoon, about to have a chicken casserole done in slow cooker.

Blessings :innocent:

Tim x

Hello Tim ,
I planted the potatoes yesterday - gosh it was hard work !
I am a bit worried it’s a bit early but we will see. Also managed to get a bike ride - I am off work and enjoying it . I wish I didn’t have to work but I do. .
The weather was good yesterday but it’s really cold today .
Any progress on the candle Makimg idea ? Xx

Hello Laura, hope life is treating you well.
Planting potatoes IS hard work!(according to my dad who spent sometime on his ants farm in the Isle of man when he was young and recovering from series illness, his ant had a faverat cow named ‘buttercup’ and if she slept in it would come to her bedroom window and moo, it wanted milking!!!) sadly buttercup long gone, along with my dads relatives and my dad, but I have child hood memories of the place, I was 3 I think.
As they are in the ground they should be safe from frost for know :slightly_smiling_face:

May I ask what work you do?, you say you work from home sometimes like Amy(so do I, but in my case I am semi retired)

Completed level 6 tonight on my rowing machine, 10 more levels to go, each one 30 sessions (2 a day) so 90 days in, another 150 days to go.

Mite have got my first cleaning job, its a ‘one off’ so visiting the client tomorrow.

Did some more strimming today with the nylon attachments(they broke!!!) so sent for a nylon cable strimmer attachment.

Weather been good most of the day, got a barometer in for a glass repair.

Going to sis-in-law for lunch over the weekend, might be getting Ruby for a few days.

Hope all well, blessings to all, keep your mum safe. :innocent:

Tim xx

They are good memories to have about Buttercup .
I am a data analyst - so I write code to create reports . I’m part of a reporting team. It’s quite technical and I am not e re ally enjoying it at the moment but my boss is really good and he is flexible
With us all which helps at the moment.

Well done on the rowing .

I has such a clear vivid dream about my Dad last night , he can back to see me in the dream and I ran to him and hugged him so tightly . I was upset when I woke up as I felt so real I could even feel the material of his coat it was one he used to wear when I was a child !

The weather looks better today so hope to get back to the allotment . The air does me good .
Have you any plans ? X
X

Hi Laura, I have sensed you are very technical and clever and it is good to have the confirmation, you are clearly the brainy one of our group!!.

Your vivid dream was quite probably an astral travel, and you really did connect with your dad, I had a similar meeting with my dad not long after he passed, we were both seated at a table, and I remember asking him ‘What’s it like on the other side?, what’s it really like?’ I never got my answer, instead I felt myself being pulled backwards down a tunnel as my dad vanished into the distance, after what seemed like a few seconds I found myself awake in my bed in my bedsit in Liverpool (I worked as a Liverpool taxi driver then, this was 2009 I think) I am certain I had an astro travel and we connected, and for once we were really getting along together.

I am glad your boss is good and accommodating your needs as much as he can, you have a good boss, and good bosses are like good costumers, worth there wait in gold!!.

Arranged my first cleaning job, 2 day job on Tuesday and Thursday next week.

Considering getting a new laptop, any recommendations?, I should think you know all about them, this has a broken cd drive, is about 15 years old and has NEVER properly worked really and wants relegating to the fossil section of the British museum alongside the Amstrad PCW they have there (I had one of those too) :crazy_face:
Good Friday tomorrow (not for christ it was, he died at the end of it) I shall be attending the Good Friday service.

Enjoy your time off, keep your mum, family and yourself safe :innocent:

Tim xx

HI Tim , i wouldn’t say I’m that brainy we just have our own strengths, I couldn’t fix a clock for example .
I hope it was astral travel, i was in a very deep sleep , it felt very real , who knows .
Lap top - I have a HP probook for work , its very slimline and has a good memory i’m not actually into all the gear . Just have to work on one a lot.
Weather is miserable here!
how have you been , What is involved in a Good Friday Service? , i’ve never actually been to one but the local church has one.
Hope you are ok as can be xx

Hi Laura, been reading up a bit, you are a data scientist aren’t you?, very impressive.

Been some interesting people connected with my family, my mums mum could have been a world class concert pianist, she had all the talent and ability, but chose not to, while her husband was one of the first in the world to operate air borne radio in the first war, my God sister married Prof Martin Sweating, who invented the micro satellite, while my dad was the top official in the Furness area, I better pull my socks up!!!. :crazy_face:

Depends on the weather if I trail out to church tomorrow, if weather bad I will not go, think I have a cold coming on,never been to a Good Friday service myself either.

You must have a degree for your work, mine is electronic engineering.

Done a bit more work on 2 clocks this afternoon, trying to free them up, also a bit on my snug.

Stake and chips tonight, chicken and fish casserole tomorrow.

Weather is cooling off, 9 centigrade, nothing to email home about and will be proberbly wet over the Easter brake. :frowning_face:

Blessings to all.

Tim xx

Your family sounds really interesting Tim . I always like hearing about them . It’s looking sunny here Saturday but a bit of a wash out the rest of the weekend . Are you still taking berrocca ? Xx

I am sure your family is interesting as well Laura, when I was your age I was in a mad job as a field service engineer traveling all over the place and sometimes flying to Ireland and back(the monotamy soon wares off, nothing glamorous about having to catch a flying bus at 5 in the morning in the cold and wet!!) and I much preferred to go by sea, the hours were terrible and the pay was abysmal and I would much prefer a job like yours, there is information in everything these days, and primeasia I would say you have a very good job, mine made me ill eventually, it was all the hours driving and I left on health grounds, sometimes the best thing about situations like that is the door out of them.

Yes, I still take the berocca, and have just landed 6 lots for £11 of amazon (some good deals if you look for them)

Might have told you, I am stewarding at church on Saturday afternoon.

Tim xx

Well yes my family are especially my dad he sailed to The isles of scilly , he had a navigation qualification and lived the sea . He motorbiked around Italy and Switzerland . He packed a lot Into his life that’s for sure . How have you been today ? Xx

Hope you are enjoying your brake.

Sounds like your dad was the bit of a sea dog, did he have his own yough?

Traveling Italy and Switzerland on a motorbike sounds interesting, spent a week in Switzerland around lake lucerne when i was 13(1973) the station platform was carpeted, and hosed down every night!!!, place was immaculately clean, an open air electric bus was available for the use of hotel guest to take them to and from town(it was very slow and lead acid of course in those days, no alternative) visited Genever and the rhone glacier (not much of it left today because of global warming)
I remember the ice as looking blue.

Have you heard from Amy?, I have not had any contact from her for more then a week, she might be just taking a brake, I hope she is ok. :worried:

Spent tonight with sis-in-law and Ruby who treated me to fish and chips. :slightly_smiling_face:

Gone cold again tonight, apparently more snow is on the way so I hope your crops are ok, your potatoes should be ok for know as they are in the ground.

Blessings to all. :innocent:

Tim xx

Hi
It wasn’t a yacht nothing so expensive , it was a small fishing boat - he kept it at Scarborough harbour and we all lived going out on it and catching fresh mackerel . My son loved it. Wonderful memories .
How have you been ?
I am sure Amy will be back on here when the time is right .
Have you been stewarding today ? What does it involve ? Did you go to the Good Friday service.
Xxx

Hi Laura, I hope you are well, and a very happy easter to you and to your family.

The fishing boat sounds interesting, what became of it?.

I know Scarborough harbour and Scarborough is a lovely place, spent a few days there with my mum some 7 years ago and we found the ‘Royal’ were they filmed the 60’s TV drama series, in the 1960’s it really was Scarbourers principle hospital
and really was known as ‘Scarborough royal’ so in that respect, and probably in many others that TV series was historically correct, sadly, developers moved in when the series finished and it has been turned into flats.

Stewarding is just a case of being there to keep an eye on the place, talking to visitors and answering any questions (as best as I can) and being there in case of emergencies like some one becoming ill or something, I was on with someone else and we had 4 visitors between one o’clock and 2 o’clock yesterday afternoon.and one of them was a dog!!, a very nice Yorkshire terrier.

I think Amy said she would be away over easter, that may explain her ‘no show’ she mentioned something about Alton towers.

Sadly I did not go to the good friday service, but I did go this morning it being easter Sunday.

Blessings to all, enjoy your break. :innocent:

Tim xx

Hi everyone I hope yous have had a nice Easter and hopefully time off from work or anything else and just had time to rest and relax. We’ve had a nice time. Built the outdoor slide and Wendy house my daughter loves it. And I am off the rest of the week too. Sorry I haven’t been checking on here too much recently. I am nowhere near over the grieving process and don’t think I’ll ever be, but I am feeling in a much better place. Just been spending a lot of time with family and going to visit family. And realising that there is still so much joy and happiness to live for. I don’t want anyone thinking I’m disappearing though, I won’t :white_heart:
Amy xx

1 Like

Hi Amy, welcome back, and thankyou for such a positive and inspiring message, so glad your daughter loves her slide and wendy house, just had my sis-in-law and Ruby hear tonight for dinner, and yes, there is still joy and happiness to live for, and we must all look to the future, develop positive thinking like you, and move ourselves on to better times.

Like you, I am no ware near over the grieving process, but am moving towards a better place slowly but surely, it does not just happen, it has to be worked at, just as anything worthwhile has to be worked for, but our mums (and dads as well) would want us to go on and to make a success of our remaining years, however long or short that may be.

Tomorrow I start a new business, cleaning houses, and will be busy for 2 days this week doing that, new beginnings, I need it for my own mental sanity, a reason to get up in the morning to embrace the day, and to move on with my life, I am 64 in May and regard myself as semiretired, but do not consider myself over the hill, I am getting my health back, and when fit as good as most people half my age, even my knees are better(the rowing machine) and still have mountains to climb on my ‘bucket list’ but I am getting there, and like the grief journey, improving each day as I go along, I still have my moments, as we all do, for that is part of the process, and hopefully, the destination will be better then the journey.

Thankyou again Amy for your inspirational message, goodnight all :innocent:

Tim xx

1 Like

That’s really good Amy , it’s nice to hear . I am Nowhere near the end of grieving either but I have to rebuild my life and it will come slowly . Things are just changed now aren’t they .
Good to hear from you xx

1 Like