boring life

Morning all
Has anyone gone back work
I can’t face going back yet my husband passed December the 5th
Just can’t face it
Take care xx

Thank you Catherine for giving me hope. I’m 18 months and things haven’t got easier yet. I still wish I had gone with my husband. I am so unhappy without him. Xx

1 Like

We are not on our own Bristles. Sadly there are many of us all hurting and longing for the one thing we can’t have, our husband or wife back to give meaning to our lives again.
Sending love to all, who like me, are finding living alone so very hard. Xx

3 Likes

Dear Debbie

Please just take your time, I am sure that your employer will understand and when you feel ready would suggest a phased return even if working from home.

As we are all already doing just take one day at a time.

Take care.
Sheila X

I would agree 100% with that advice … I went back to work far to early … struggled with focus and concentration and the worry of not being able to do my job properly sent me back over the edge! I panicked and decided to retire early! I then found myself with no direction and no pension! So yes take your time … negotiate carefully with your employer and go for a gentle staged return
Depends of course on what job you have and the sensitivity of the people you work with

Thank you
Will take my time as can’t face it
Take care x

11 weeks today. Weekend was rubbish, seems to go on for ever. Who else has this constant nausea? Now just sat staring into space.
Just so lonely. X

1 Like

Hi Catherine

Me and husband had already decided I should retire around this time. Of course it was meant to mark a new chapter in our lives together and that has been taken away. Before the accident I was a well organised, focused individual - now cannot remember people’s names, so went ahead and handed in my notice. Fortunately I had deferred a local government pension some years earlier and could take that without penalty - does not leave me with much headroom but I know that I could not continue in current role. Found myself thinking about applying for the census - think I could just about manage that - but will just wait and see. I have a little grandson with another on the way so they need my help child-minding.

I just so miss my husband and when I handed in my notice cried so much - it was meant to be a day of fanfares and celebrations but now he is gone that can never be the case.

Take care. xx

1 Like

Hi same for me weekends are awfull never end talk about 24 hours more like 640 hours so lonely just had 1 hour counselling now just staring into space trying to decide if to go to town freezing outside and trying to snow never see a soul when you talk to people outside they do not understand all you get is move on there couldnt give a shit this world is so boring cant wait to join her in the nexct do you think there is another world where we all meet again?

2 Likes

Aww Debbie that me too. We were together from 14 so 37 years I’ve just turned 52 and can’t see a way of carrying on :broken_heart: thinking of you x

Hi all
Yes I do think there life after
I know my Andy will be waiting there for me
I hate this life now hate it all
Can’t wait for the day that I pass to
Just walked back from cemetery and all I see is couples
Breaks me every time xx

1 Like

It’s just so hard and I’m struggling more as time goes on . I know people think I should be getting on with things but I’m just so lost x. You take care too

So hard this time off year me and Andy would be
Looking at holidays for October or November
Finding everything hard can’t eat what I use to cook him
Had to wash the grill crying as I am doing it
He always washed the pans
Miss Andy so much I am broken xx

I to find days are getting worse
I can’t see any point in carrying on
Hate the house we have been in for 24 years
All I see is Andy everywhere xx

Aww I that’s me can’t watch TV we used to watch even food shopping I’m looking at things I used to get for him. He’s everywhere which people try to tell me will be a comfort but for now it’s unbearable :disappointed_relieved:

My doctor just rang gave me another sick note
I am 55 and never been on the sick
But I have never felt pain like this
Will be going bed now as can’t sit in living room
To painful xx

It is all so incredibly painful, My partner died 6months ago and people tell me he would want me to be happy but this really doesn’t help when i feel so broken and trying to keep everything together and makes me feel like i am letting him down., I talk to him everyday but am just existing, all my real purpose is gone. I have some other challenging stuff going on and he isnt here to, My dad was suddenly put in home just before xmas due to Alzheimer’s and im trying to support my mum too now she is on her own and feel like im not doing anything in the way i should.

So sorry for your loss
Sure you are doing everything you are able to
Andy mum as Parkinson’s and dementia
And I always went down twice a day to help with her
Now since Andy as passed I can’t make twice a week
So bloody hard isn’t it xx

1 Like

I wish I still had my job to go back to eventually. I had to finish last year to care for Graham I’d worked there for 32 years. That’s another mountain to climb in time as I need an income so will have to start again somewhere. I can’t face the real world yet and am spending too much time in bed x. Take care

1 Like

Hi all I do is stay in bed as much as I can
Feel safe there don’t have to face anyone
Please take care x

1 Like