Can't deal with it

Hello all. I agree to a certain extent with all of you. However, this thread was started by Gollom who isn’t in ‘this place’ and appeared to be uncomfortable with the humour. He is in the very early days of his grief and I think we should show him some respect and understanding. Nobody enjoys a bit of humour more than me but I am very conscious that we have digressed somewhat from the original theme. Can I suggest that this conversation continues in another thread? Nobody wishes to offend but like SanW, I am concerned for Gollom. Perhaps admin could move the posts to a new thread??? Love and understanding to you all. :heart:

2 Likes

I have removed my post!!!

2 Likes

Bless you Jooles. I feel sure everyone will understand what I’m trying to say because this forum is full of beautiful people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It’s just difficult to keep track as to what has been said previous, so people tend to just reply to the last few posts. Very tricky sometimes. Xx

1 Like

I agree Jooles, conversations often go off on a tangent. It’s nobody’s fault. :kissing_heart:

Hello everyone,

It looks like there are a couple of different conversations taking place in this thread at the moment, which is veering off from @Gollom’s original topic. Our community guidelines ask that users try to make replies useful and relevant. Obviously, many conversations do change direction organically, and this is normally fine, so long as participants are still finding it helpful.

@Crazy_Kate has kindly started a new thread to share humorous stories, which you can find here: Here it is - the humour thread.

I’ve not moved any of the posts in this conversation, so if anyone would like to continue discussing humour or sharing humorous anecdotes then please do head over to Crazy_Kate’s new thread.

Thank you all.

Eleanor

1 Like

Yes CK, Yes, I do understand where you are coming from. Yes, we have digressed and I for one do tend to do it. It’s difficult with so many opinions about the different points of view not to digress, but it’s not a good thing. Perhaps we all can take more care in the future. I certainly will. We live and learn. Well, I hope so. Blessings. John.

3 Likes

SORRY jooles, This was mean’t for Crazy Kate. Getting in a muddle. XX

Thanks john.
A hug back to you x

Thank you all for you understanding after Kate responded. It is difficult and when it was clear it was causing upset, there were apologies. But the way the conversations are suggested by the new site and invite you to look, means you do come in at the end and some are very old threads, so unless you scroll right back, it’s easy just to pick up on recent activity. A lesson for us all. The creation of Topic dedicated to sharing the moments of humour, yes, I do share a sense of that, will be welcomed I’m sure.
We do have those moments … pretty much life savers :blue_heart:

1 Like

Richard please dont deprive yourself of a bit of laughter. at first i felt guilty that i was laughing and chip couldn’t anymore. i watched a film last weekend found myself enjoying it then thought chip will never watch another movie again. i realised he will he will laugh cry and see all new things through my eyes because he will always be with me. I have said good bye to my heart but i have his fair swop i think. I will let him live through me he will travel through me he will see the grandchildren through me i will not let him die. i now chat away to him and involve him in conversations i havent gone mad i have resolved myself to the fact i truly believe chip is still with me. he is there looking after me listening to me and im not going to let him be sad because i am. i wasnt going to do things we planned mow i am because i will still be doing them with chip. dont get me wrong my heart still drops like a brick when i remember. and i break down for no reason or something has triggered it. i say goodnight to him like we always did. i turn to his pic and tell him stuff. i will keep his memory alive

7 Likes

Hi Karie, thanks for your words, but I am finding it very tough like everyone else at the moment, still very early days, and I also talk to Jean all the time, I just miss her so much and it breaks my heart.
Richard x

1 Like

Good to see you back Richard. You will be missing your lovely Jean, and you keep talking to her. Just have faith that it will get easier to bear.

1 Like

Hello Richard, it’s good to hear from you. It’s also good that you chat to your Jean. I chat to my husband all the time. I say goodnight to him every night. We do whatever helps us to get through each and every day. Have you tried writing to her? Many of us on this forum keep a journal. I speak to my husband in mine. I tell him everything that’s been going on, what I’ve done that say, who I’ve seen, how I feel and how much I love and miss him. Anything goes in my journal. I realise it’s not for everyone but it brings me great comfort. Take care Richard. Sending you love, strength and understanding xx

1 Like

Hi Crazy Kate.
This is such a good idea. Thanks for suggesting it. I lost my husband in December and it sounds like it would help me a lot.

1 Like

Thanks, SanW and Crazy Kate, nice to be chatting again,
Richard x

2 Likes

Patriciann, I can’t tell you how much my journal has helped me and the comfort it has given and still gives. I lost my wonderful husband in June 2017. I’m now on journal number four. I’ve looked back at my earlier journals and my goodness, I can see how far I’ve come. Sometimes I write a page and then other times I write two or even three pages. Anything goes. Patriciann, I hope you get as much from your journal as I do from mine. Sending love xx

Hi. You have every reason to burst into tears… And it’s absolutely OK to want to cry when you’ve lost the one you love. Six months on and I still have a little cry most days… It helps me to vent my feelings and helps me cope. I hope you have somebody you can talk to about your feelings… It’s important to talk. I don’t want to move on either… It sounds like to move on we have to leave them behind… I prefer to think about moving forward… And taking them with us x

2 Likes

Hi
I too feel jealous when i see couples
My husband passsed October 2019.I feel the sadness will never go

1 Like

talk to her as much as possible. dont avoid thing because u think it will hurt. my chip sang travelling light by cliff Richards when we went to karaoke, so i choose that for his final song. i thought every time i heard it it would break my heart i play it as much as i can now i just see my chip singing away to it at karaoke. im looking for anything positive to take from losing him. i was lucky i shared so many years with him tho i wanted many more, i was lucky i found him, i was ;lucky we did so much together so i have memories that make me smile. dont get me wrong they pull at the heart strings big time. i still have trouble believing i have lost my chip. when i remind myself chip has died i sink. i cant imagine life with out him same as you with your Jean. life will never be the same there no way. now we have to learn to live a different life which is neigh on impossible. What other choice do we have Live for Jean Richard please. by a rose bush a colour jean would love put it in the garden when the summer comes sit out there and talk to her. She will always be with you she will see what you see and feel what you feel so for both of your sake. try and live again. i know easier said then done. but imagine she is with you every step of the way she seeing you crying she seeing you isolated yourself afraid to laugh because of the guilt she would be heart broken wouldn’t she. your never stop loving her and ur never for get her so remember all the best bits xx

1 Like