Chat and support

Thanks so much for your kind words. It means alot.
@Dol1 so sorry to hear how you were being introduced. It is hurtful. I don’t know what to say but hugs to you. :heart::heart:

4 Likes

Hi Doreen,
I can never understand how people can be so insensitive,my mantra has always tried to be engage brain before opening mouth,sadly these days it appears to be the opposite.
Ronxx

4 Likes

Hi pudding
I remember reading your post about what your neighbour made last Xmas for dinner.
It did sound lovely .
Will you be on your own for Xmas dinner this year.?
Love Doreen x

2 Likes

Hi just writing this as still not too sure where to write but i spoke to a friend today trying to saying how i am feeling as lost partner in june. Shes very jolly on the phone then said if i dont speak before have a lovely xmas. Omg i had just spent 40 minutes talking about my feelings and hopelessness. Whats wrong with people . Meeting the works chaplin tomorrow hope she has something positive to say if not juat wont bother anyone again. Been for a walk now back little motivation to do anything . Just still cant get my head around it so so cant . Cant throw everything to the tip already regretting some things thrown out. I am not sleeping very well. My mobile alarm went off hears it it was on vibrate so know I am sleeping lightly. Why dont people listen when you say you cant shift the negative thinking like how am I suppose to carry on how. Shes never coming back I have her ashes by the bed is this really it a bag of ashes. I am pretending she is here with me. The photos are more real than the box. Sorry to drone on but cant seen to get some friends to understand I cant seem to shift this.

9 Likes

Almost certainly apart from my carers.
I was last year. My neighbour bought my plate to me as she had a lot of family with her. I am alone most of the time apart from my carers. I am working hard on my physio so I can get out and get to my local community centre. Family live in Essex, bishops stortford and Holmes chapel. All have children to visit.
Due to my mobility problems even before my husband died I would go out with him. This is where he would have had a better chance of making a new life. He had many Masonic meetings and 2 bowls clubs.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about anything else but yourself……everyone’s grief is personal to them…there’s no time limits or ways you should or should t behave. Be kind to yourself…take all the time you need to work through this. I expect we will learn to live with it in time, but everyone on here knows how hard it is……
The people who don’t or won’t understand
………just avoid them. Looking after yourself is what is important now.
Sending hugs x

4 Likes

Heres an idea,why don’t we all hold a cyber Christmas fancy dress party,I can put my gnome suit on,I guess Jane’s will be either her Freddy Mercury outfit or her sequinned thong,Sandra her computer outfit,any other suggestions.?

2 Likes

I think I can manage the Freddie Mercury outfit plus diamante thong, it is Christmas after all.
Ron, surely you can upgrade the gnome vibe to Santa?
I think Liz has an idea for an inflatable suit, it’s a bit naughty, though!
And I am sure Jo will be planning something Dirty Dancing inspired.
Xx

2 Likes

Sequins are so last decade, Ron.
Harvey Nicks doesn’t do sequins now.
Xx

2 Likes

Well I do have the beard,would need some padding though.Xx

2 Likes

My computer outfit is really boring. Skirt, blouse, jacket. Although when I was really in work mode some of the customers were a bit surprised when I kicked my shoes off, took off my jacket and literally rolled up my sleeves. This is not how consultants are supposed to work or look. All power suits and perfect make up. Definitely not me. Crawling around the floor with a screwdriver changing cabling and I don’t mean the drink.

2 Likes

Don’t ever be sorry about saying how you are feeling we understand how hard it is. I wasn’t sure how I would feel today as it is three months since Ray passed away, surprisingly I am not feeling too bad, I have had some very bad days but thankfully today isn’t one of them. I hope that in time your bad days will be less, the price we pay for loving so much is the grieving for them. Thinking of you.
Jane

4 Likes

Saint Trinians does anyone remember them?

1 Like

As Churchill (the dog) would say oh yes.xx

2 Likes

That’s so insensitive. I got that last year, too, people thinking that because it was Christmas, it was somehow compulsory to Enjoy It, that the grief would magically go away. You’re still very early on in this. Look after yourself, and don’t let others make you feel worse than you already do.

2 Likes

Yes, I do!

1 Like

That’s it then,Doreen and Catrin in St Trinians costumes,what a motley bunch so far🤣

3 Likes

With sparkly hockey sticks?

3 Likes

Absolutely got to give Jane some competition.xx

3 Likes

We could have a few witches. Warts on noses, pointy hats and all. Or more up to date how about Barbie and Ken.

4 Likes