Chat and support

My school uniform was exactly like st Trinians. Gym slips and pudding basin hats. Straw in summer that went horrible when it rained. Velour in winter. Navy and the dye would run in the rain. We turned up looking like Indians with war paint as the dye ran down our faces.
Sports kit was the best. Wool culottes and airtex shirts.

2 Likes

I couldn’t possibly comment on the witches,Barbie and Ken,it would have be wrinkly Barbie and Ken.xx

2 Likes

Well they did do all kinds. Could just have been left in the sun too long.

2 Likes

They would have to spend a lot of money on makeup for me to look like Ken.not to mention the wigs.

2 Likes

They would have to spend even more for me to look like Barbie. Very strong corsetry.

2 Likes

That is a very insensitive thing for someone to say. I have foster children, who are now adults. They come to me, not their biologicals!! I have been a birthing partner for my foster daughter. She had twins. I cut their cords and had first cuddles. Blood is not thicker than water. You take care, hugs x

5 Likes

And yet more good news,my annual MOT at Nuffield is next week, more poking and prodding,and giving more blood for the resident vampire,not to mention being bombarded with radiation.

2 Likes

Well it might be good news if it gives you the all clear. My annual MOT is in December. Working hard at my physio so I will be able to get there.

3 Likes

What’s the annual MOT? Do all older people get them in England?

2 Likes

Being a sleek new model, I don’t need an MOT, just a rub down with an oily rag by that bloke that looks like the Levi advert.
Shouldn’t we use the witches outfits for the virtual Halloween party?
Xx

4 Likes

Mine is just a prescription review. Bloods to make sure they are not killing my kidneys. Test for vitamin levels. Last years discovered a possible heart condition and a B12 deficiency which meant 6 injections over 2 weeks. I am lucky I can now just take B12 by pills and not have to have regular injections.

4 Likes

Sparkly witches of course. Not all those black robes. Brighten up Halloween. If I had kept some of my husbands Masonic robes I could have dressed as a knights Templar including the sword.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’ve been out all day and I’m just trying to catch up with you all.

@RoseGarden @Rajay, @Rosiejack and @Dol1
I’m sorry you’re all having a bad day.
My hands are here for you.

Mind you I’m a fine one to talk, I cried in the club,I cried in the doctors, I cried in the chemist.
But I’m ok.

I’ve been trying to think of a costume for the fancy dress.
After last nights mentioning of the Magic Roundabout
I thought maybe @Woolly could be Florence and I could be Brian the snail.
Any volunteers for Zebedee (Ron?) or Ermintrude (Jane?) and then of course there’s Dougall and Dylan

Love and hugs
Liz x x

4 Likes

My counsellor said if you feel like crying, cry. If other people find it uncomfortable tough.

4 Likes

No Catrin it’s a yearly health check up,it’s arranged by my insurance cover.

3 Likes

So they can tell you what they are not going to cover next year.

2 Likes

Any of those would be great Liz,now the balls rolling.xx

2 Likes

I truth they have no option,I think it’s to make sure they don’t have to pay out too earlyxx

2 Likes

My sports kit very large navy blue knickers
And white t shirt

1 Like

Thats what I’ve been told, again, today by a counsellor at the club. And the doctor this afternoon.
They all say it’s still very early days and I’ve got to be kind to myself and not expect so much from myself, and I’m not letting Roger down because I told him I’d be ok and I’m not.

I think I’m just a bit sensitive this week because it’s my birthday tomorrow and he won’t be wishing me Happy Birthday when I wake up.

Crying again now but I don’t feel like I’m in the swamp so thats something I suppose

Love and hugs
Liz x x

3 Likes