Has anyone talked to Jo today?

1 Like

No not heard from her,hope she’s ok.

1 Like

I messaged her. No reply.

How about a liberty bodice and a siren suit
Maybe some garters
Doreen x

We (my sisters and I) had to wear liberty bodices in the winter, and a vest! And if the rubber knobs on the suspenders came off in the wash, we had to use tanners instead to hold up thick ribbed black stockings!

2 Likes

Oh, the liberty bodice! I loved mine.

1 Like

No central heating, an open fire that scorched your legs until they looked like corned beef, but your back was freezing!

2 Likes

Shhh, Ron will get all unnecessary.

2 Likes

Does anyone know why it was called a liberty bodice?

1 Like

It’s the talk of the vest that will do it.

2 Likes

Oh happy memories, when I was young and stupid going out and girls whispering have you got a sixpence then disappeared to the loo, took me ages to find out.

2 Likes

You silly old sod, Ron. They just wanted you for your money!

1 Like

I still don’t have any central heating!

1 Like

Yeah always been a sucker for a lady in distress.

1 Like

I didn’t have central heating until I got married. Blankets and coats on the bed, ice on the inside of the windows.
I should have been born somewhere warmer.

1 Like

I am distressed Ron. Inflation being what it is, I need more than sixpence.

Yes, and my mum would line the bottom of the windows with newspaper to catch the water when the ice melted. And draw the fire with a newspaper stretched across it. Elf’n’Safety didn’t exist then.

Oh yes! The newspaper used to get scorched. My mum used to get up early to get the fire going before she woke us.

2 Likes

Oh I’m glad my youth was normal. I was talking about liberty bodices in the pub on Tuesday and everyone thought I’d had too much to drink :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And beds piled with coats and ice inside the windows.

Oh how we lived !! :ok_woman:

I’ve run out of likes again. Does anyone else have that problem?

I’m off to bed now
Goodnight everyone

Love and hugs
Liz x x

1 Like

Night Liz. Sleep well, keep your liberty bodice on.
Xx