Chat and support

Poetry and short stories. Sorry, no bodice-ripping yarns! I take workshops, do book reviews etc. Helps to eke out the pension.

1 Like

That should probably be liberty-bodice-ripping yarns…

1 Like

Guten morgan Nick.
I had to go to Holland quite a lot when I worked for Laura Ashley. I learnt one word. No idea how it was spelled. Smaglich. Which I believe meant the equivalent of Bon appetite.
I failed Latin twice. My teacher thought I should try again. Squeezed past French and learnt a little German. When working in Germany came across 2 people looking lost in my hotel. They asked in German where their room might be. I managed to tell them I thought it was across the car park which I was very proud of.
My French improved when I worked in Paris for 6 months although project language was English.
My brother is the linguist. Speaks Norwegian and Swedish fluently. A bit of Greek and some Russian but can’t grasp French, Spanish or German. He is a published poet. Won a times sonnet competition. Works in stained glass. Does marquetry. Paints. Has 2 OU degrees. Both firsts. He was a right dunce at school.
I admire people who can speak a foreign language.
Sandra

1 Like

That’s disappointing Catrin no Jackie Collins😂
Seriously it must be so rewarding for you hope it continues.xx

2 Likes

Back from the Drs with more tablets and go back to see him in 3 weeks. Despite telling myself I wouldn’t cry this morning I did when he started asking me about how much support I have, I told him I have good family support and about this wonderful group. He thinks I am doing well in such a short time.
Lots of love
Jane 2

1 Like

And you are doing so well Jane we are all proud of you,let’s just all keep going.

2 Likes

We lived in Germany for 7years before moving to Scotland, we loved it and were sorry to leave. My husband was in the Army.
Jane 2

1 Like

Thank you so much
Love
Jane2

1 Like

I was based in Germany for a while at Ramstein,it was good fun.

3 Likes

I have family based there x

One of Norman’s 2nd cousins was based in Germany when he was with the RAF flying fighter jets. Went on to fly for British Airways. 737 bit different from fighter.

2 Likes

Do you go over to see them at all.

1 Like

The kids and us loved going to Seewoog it’s a fabulous place.

Not yet they haven’t been there very long this time, they will be on holiday in the US when I go next may.

I know! Poetry aint JK Rowling, and the pay is crap. Even John hated it. It’s just like any other occupation, good bits and bad bits (usually the reviews…).

You’re doing brilliantly, Jane. xx

1 Like

I want one! Maybe Willow/Jane can can knit sparkly ones?

To be honest I read a lot especially at night.but sadly I am a bit of a nerd.military history is my thing,I find it fascinating.

I think she is up to her eyes in sad in today.

1 Like

Sadmin.bloody spellcheck.