Chat and support

So sorry to hear this and I can’t believe people still do it. Back when I was a kid in the states it was called “ding dong digit”. I never did it and it didn’t happen in our neighborhood.

Glad you posted on FB. Hope they are done. Sending support. Hugs xxx

2 Likes

That can be quite frightening. When I was young lived in flats and some kids played it but it was called knock down ginger. Can’t think why. But same kids would jump off first floor balconies so questionable brain function.
Some parents just don’t seem to care. Kids round here on way home from school keep kicking the big pebbles from neighbours garden into the road. If a car kicks up one of them it could kill someone but they won’t stop.

1 Like

So sorry xx

Glad you’re ok, Jo.

No wonder kids today think they can get away with anything when the people laughing at my post are all adults

1 Like

Glad you’ve got Tony for a bit longer. xx

1 Like

Ok shall we start the party. What do you reckon? Birdie song? Or Macarena.

Thank you. So am I.

We are having cuddles.

Rose xx

1 Like

2 Likes

All right everyone…I hate to be left out so have decided to join the G& T brigade. It’s the only alcohol I have in​:rofl:. Hendrick’s - the good stuff is courtesy of my friends partner. He passed 2 days before my husband. He loved him and she kindly let me choose one of the bottles. So raising a glass to you all. :clinking_glasses::heart:

1 Like

Sorry ladies I can’t join the party,I have just heard from Jane (willow) she had a fall this morning and broke her hip,she is having a total hip replacement tomorrow,she remain in hospital for another week after her op,her phone is running out of charge and she hasn’t got her charger,Jamie can’t take it in until Monday when Katie goes to respite,so please if you want to send her good wishes please leave it until at least Monday to save what’s left of her battery,I have given her all your love,will give you updates as I get them,thank you all
Love Ronxxxxx

2 Likes

That’s horrible. I’d be terrified. We called it Knock Down Ginger when I was a kid, but we only did it a couple of times. And if my mum had found out, I’d have had a right tanning.

1 Like

Oh no! Poor Jane. I’ve had a hip replacement so know how long the recovery can be. If you’re in touch, send her my love and best wishes for a speedy recovery. The last thing she needs on top of everything else.

Thank you Catrin I am and I will she will appreciate your love,

1 Like

Oh. No poor jane please give her my love and tell her I am thanking of her xxx

1 Like

Guten Abend Pudding.

You are right, the equivalent of Bon appetite is eet smakelijk, (I did look up the spelling.)

• enjoy your meal
    German: guten appetit
    French: bon appétit
    Dutch: eet smakelijk

The German language has many words that come from French.

I just looked it up. There are lot more than I thought, more than 2300 words.

My brother was the linguist. His Latin was much better than my Latin. I hated it. He tried Russian but gave it up.

He translated mainly technical manuals from English into German. He loved it. (Not my thing.) My thing was programming computers.

I did write a complete new sales system. It was much easier to use and it took a lot less time to handle an order. The sales person did not even need to know much about a product. I loved that project.

My biggest project was the the millennium bug. Had to change (fix) more than 1200 programs in less than six months. (They even interrupted me many times.) - I wrote some programs to change the programs for me. It was risky but it worked. There where only about 10 programs that I had to fix in the end.

I would not like to do it again, well, I don’t have to.

Take care Sandra.

Nick

1 Like

I am so sad to see this, I hope Jane makes a good recovery, will you please give her my love.
Jane2

2 Likes

Please send her my love and thinking of her. Thanks Ron Sharon xx

2 Likes

17 adults have commented and they all think it is funny, if he does it again I will just post video and say nothing.

Yes, I would. No wonder the kids run riot if their parents think things like that are funny. They aren’t.

1 Like