Chat and support

Kecks and platform shoes. And one of those Afghan coats that smelt of yaks. As my mum would say, ‘she’s no better than she ought to be.’

3 Likes

Hi Ron
My mam used to say to me if wanted more to
Eat your eyes are bigger than your belly.
Then if I asked her where she was going
she would say to balkadidy and back to see how
Far it is.No idea where or if it is actually a place.
Or if my brother and I had misbehaved she would say if I come over there you’ll wonder what cuddys kicked you ???
Doreen x

2 Likes

Or; ’ stop crying or I’ll give you something to cry about!’
‘if you break your leg, don’t come running to me.’

5 Likes

My mums favourite was,what’s for tea mum “a run round the table and a bite out of the leg”don’t understand it to this day😂

3 Likes

Classic that one,

2 Likes

If I have to tell your Dad, this time next week you will still be walking backwards.
Still puzzled.

4 Likes

Morning every one
The dreaded weekend is upon me again.
I have hardly shut my eyes last night and look and feel like a zombie this morning.
I could barely get out of bed this morning. and finally rallied/ forced myself up at 10-30.
Still sitting here drinking coffee.
Can someone come round and crack the whip.I had company yesterday afternoon for a few hours and a nice long chat on the phone last night.
It helps a bit .
I just can’t see me getting through another day
The way I feel just now.
I will of course I was so moved by Jo’s description of how she would fight on in her beloved husband’s name as he had fought on so bravely.
I will do my very best also in my Sam’s name.
He was a fighter and never gave up and despite his many horrible health conditions he just got on with his life our life.
That is what I miss his love his strength his absolute determination his company
This of course does not stop me feeling just
so very low and dreadful.
I think I need the ropes guys to drag me up because I feel I am sinking .
I will be again covering the clocks.
Sorry to moan.
Doreen x

5 Likes

You aren’t moaning Doll, I too am having a very sad morning and have cried mos5of it, I wrote a birthday card to our grandson who is 20 and only signing it Nana broke me. I hope your weekend isn’t too bad.

3 Likes

My Mam used to say windmill pie if it goes round you will get some

3 Likes

Dol my Mam used to that about a cuddy as well I am a Northumbrian and another one was you look like you have been kicked by a cuddy if I was in a mood. When I married my Yorkshire husband I used to have to translate for him.

2 Likes

Hi rajah
Thanks for your message.
I have four birthday cards to send this month and my name only on them
I have considered putting my Sam’s name on
Them as well as he would have wished them a happy birthday if he was here.
Do you think people would think it is not a nice thing to do . ??
Am I being morbid??
We have the Xmas cards to face, always was my job Sam put the stamps.
I hope you can have a better day.
Love and comfort Doreen x

2 Likes

Hi again
forgot to ask what part of wonderful Northumbria??
Doreen. X

2 Likes

South Tyneside, near Hexham

2 Likes

I considered putting Rays name on as well

2 Likes

Hi

Juat need to wrote this down. Been to 3 of our walks today all so painful crying breaking down. How on this earth am I meant to carry on. How. I am seeing couples everywhere. This cant get any worse can I found 3 feathers today. Back home have housework. Just sat here want to scream and shout and shout and shout. Head hurting with stress whixh I know will increase blood pressure. I know everyone is suffering. I am 59 had plans big plans with my soulmate. So distressing please dont say one day at a time as to me its one more day without herx

5 Likes

Hi rayjay
Near blyth and seaside
Doreen x

1 Like

I know the area well my mum was from Newbiggin by the sea

1 Like

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad today and hope you can find your way out of the swamp. I was broken this morning when I wrote our grandsons birthday card then I thought Ray wouldn’t like to see me like this so I invented a neighbour round for coffee and had a natter to her, she is recently widowed as well. Sending you a hug :people_hugging:

2 Likes

So sorry.
I understand.

I went out this afternoon to do a bit of shopping.

I saw quite a few men by themselves or with a partner.
They were about my husband’s age and older.
I kept on thinking ‘Why are you here and he is not?’.

Home again and will try to distract myself.

Rose x

4 Likes

Oh Rosie jack
How horrible for you .I feel for you and I know your grief is overwhelming.
When you love someone so much it really really
hurts.
It more than hurts because we realise these
Beloved people are never coming back.
Agony.
I know what you mean about couples.
We all were once couples and I feel angry and
jealous I suppose.
I feel conspicuous and I never did before I wonder if people are looking at me and commenting.
I wondered what the significance of the feathers
was for you.
Hope it’s not too painful.
I don’t know to cope or if I ever will and I think now what is the point, is there a point to all of this?
I know and understand we are all suffering on here and thank goodness for the posts.
I can only hope we can somehow get some sort of ??? I don’t know peace while continuing
to love and miss the love of our lives.
Thinking of you. Doreen x

5 Likes