Chat and support

Good morning everyone

Yes winter is fast approaching. The long cold, dark days and nights.

None of us are looking forward to it so thank goodness we all have each other

Love and big hugs to everyone
X x

4 Likes

Morning everyone, up since 5.30, thanks to my real life little alarm clock. Raining again and flood alert locally. Empty fridge means a dash up to Asda before the threatened deluge. Who knew that Bedfordshire was subject to monsoons.
The recent weather has resulted in all kinds of new waves of sadness. Getting warmer clothes out and all the memories of last time I wore them. Grappling with my mysterious heating system, autumn jobs in the garden, jobs we should be doing together.
X

5 Likes

Thanks @Liro

I’m trying hard to find the advantages of Winter.
I had a new boiler last week, it’s great, and no more worries about the old one conking out like last year. S came to the rescue twice last year, as he knew plumbers, but I don’t.
No need to pretend to look fine for too many hours in the day now. I can close the curtains and shut the World out.
My dog is still alive when I thought she was on her way out last December.
I realise that when the sun does rise I will need to get up and out to make the most of the daylight hours. Not like today - I’m still in bed because it’s raining :upside_down_face:
I will wear my big smart wool coat whenever it’s cold, no more keeping it for “best”, whatever that is!

3 Likes

I’ve never really minded the winter, apart from the cold.
I always think you know where you are with the weather. Well you know what to wear anyway
I’ve always been happy to be at home and get on with my hobbies.
Roger was here or would be coming home if he’d gone out. Or I’d go out with him
My life was simple, but I loved my life.
Now I know I’m not going to like the long days on my own.
Roger won’t be coming home

Last year he said I needed a new winter coat. I don’t, the one I’ve got is perfectly adequate. I shan’t be going anywhere special. As you say no point in keeping things for best anymore.
Thats why I’ve got a wardrobe full of clothes I never wear.

Take care
X x

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am also struggling.

I had a fall on Sunday evening, nothing broken.

Only a tiny bit bruised and concussed.

Being ill or hurt is so different and difficult without my husband.
He would always look after me.

I know so many of you understand this.

Anyway, I will try to keep busy today.

Just thought, do you think we all have swamp fever?
Feeble joke I know.

Wishing everyone the best Tuesday each of us can have!

Sending big hugs.

Love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Rose xx

3 Likes

Not feeble Rose probably true are you ok,don’t try too much especially with concussion.
Many hugs Ron.

2 Likes

I totally understand.

I had started to think that things should not be kept for best just a few months
before my husband died. I had started in a small way to do this.

I have looked at clothes in shops, I have bought some everyday things that I needed. However, if I see something ‘nice’ I don’t get it as, of course, I think what’s the point?

Our life was simple as well. We planned to do a bit more when the better came.

I shall stop now.

As always,

love and hugs xx

2 Likes

Yes, I am ok.

Thank you asking and the hugs.

Only a very slightly swollen eye and a tiny bit of a headache.

Down but not out :wink::wink:

Rose xx

1 Like

I’m a jeans and top kind of person. On special occasions I would wear trousers.

I had decided last year that I was going to start wearing dresses and skirts.

But then I lost Roger, my reason for being.

I’m not going to change now. He’s not here to see it.
So it’s jeans and trousers until I die.

Love and big hugs
Liz x x

3 Likes

Since my wife passed 95% of my life has been spent in joggers and Ts,I guess it will continue but in warmer joggers and jumpers.

4 Likes

Well, being a voluptuous 18 year old blonde, I teeter round in stilettos, mini skirts and sequinned boob tubes.
It’s bloody cold mowing the lawn like this.
Xx

4 Likes

RoseGarden

Sorry to hear about your fall. Like Ron said dont do too much if you have a concussion. I just turned the page on my calendar - I put photos each month from the previous year. There is a photo of a big family dinner & it’s getting close to the time he was admitted to hospital for his 2nd pneumonia of that year. I didn’t think he’d make it out but he did. We had about 6 more months together. I wish I could go back in time.

I took find it hard to buy something new for myself. My heart hurts still from missing him.

Glad to have this space to share and be understood. And not to be judged or given cliches.

Xxx

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the mental image of you mowing the lawn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

1 Like

This grieving certsinly changes everything doesn’t it.
‘Things’ don’t matter anymore.

I know what @RoseGarden means about being alone when you’re used to being looked after

I’ve been laid up for a couple of days. It’s hard not having Roger here to look after me.

I suppose that’s selfish but he did used to look after me if I was unwell.

He looked after me if I was well.
He just looked after me. And I miss him :sleepy:

Big hugs
Liz x x

3 Likes

Now that would pay to see🤣

1 Like

Photos keep popping up online of my husband.
They really start the tears.

Hopefully, in time they will bring more smiles than tears.

Sending a very big hug,

Rose xx

2 Likes

It will be my 2nd winter without my husband Greg and will be his 1st anniversary next Tuesday which I am dreading. Life can be so tough. Take care everyone xx

3 Likes

Thinking of you and sending a big hug.

Rose xx

2 Likes

Good luck for Tuesday I hope it’s not too grim.
Big hug Ron.

2 Likes

Will be thinking of you next Tuesday

Everything is so tough now isn’t it?

Love and big hugs
Liz x x

1 Like