Chat and support

I live on my own. I have a grown daughter and she has been wonderful but has her own grief to cope with. I have a 3 year old granddaughter and they are what keeps me going otherwise I think I would give up

1 Like

Hello there, sorry to read your post. It is tough, but you have come to the right place. Everyone here understands, we are all at different stages. It is 4 months since my husband had a sudden cardiac arrest. I had to cancel a few breaks and it’s heartbreaking. I have an adult son who has been a great support, he doesn’t live with me but he comes often and looks after his disabled sister who does live with me.
Sending hugs.
Xx

1 Like

That made me laugh, @RoseGarden

2 Likes

Hello alilya
So sorry to hear about the loss of you husband .
It is very hard indeed to cope with.
I don’t think cope is the correct word actually.
It’s waking up every day realising again what has happened and the stomach churning knowledge this is us now
All of us on here are supportive and here to
Listen as we are all having to somehow just
Get on with our life some how.
I lost my husband Sam 22 weeks ago and I am
Devastated as you said what’s the point.
You are definitely in the right place so please
Post and let us all know how you are
Love and comfort Doreen x

3 Likes

Hi @Alilye

Im so sorry for your loss.

All I can do is echo what others have said
We’re here for you and we understand

We’re all going through it too.

Please keep posting
It does help

Love and huge hugs
Liz x x

2 Likes

Well I bounced back today.
Straight down the pub :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:
I had a few but walked, well swayed a bit, home

I hope everyone else is ok.

Love and hugs to you all
Liz x x

1 Like

I don’t what it is but when you say you bounced back from the pub I see someone on a space hopper. Remember those.

2 Likes

I do mine was bright orange, i loved it. Xx

1 Like

Well at least you got home safely. Even with the staying lol xxx

1 Like

Alilye

My husband died about 5 months ago and it is still raw. I am fed up with people telling me how I should feel etc. I was crying today because I miss him so much.

I can’t remember who said they had a cruise booked but grief affects not only the present but future too. A future all of us would rather not have.

I was nearly going to take a break from this chat but saw your post. This is a safe place to share.

Take it at your pace and of course it’s heartbreaking to hear your husband’s ashes are ready. I still have my husband’s in the box and bag the funeral home gave them to me. I did take some to make a memorial ring for myself and my daughter. I am in no rush to decide what to do with the rest.

Xx oo

2 Likes

Hi Alilye
Sorry for your loss try to take each day as it comes
don’t put to much pressure on yourself to do to much
Look after yourself x

1 Like

It was me regarding the cruise. I am going to get a piece of jewellery with some ashes and I also have two memory cushions from his favourite jumpers.

4 Likes

Ah space hopper that brings back memories, Liz this could be your transport home from the pub next time :joy:
Anyone remember stilts, I loved mine but when you fell off it hurt lol

1 Like

Haha this has made me laugh :joy:

1 Like

Thinking of you @Ron11 .

1 Like

Oh yes, space hoppers,
never could stay on one :joy:

But I was good on stilts. @LynT

I can just see me weaving up the hill on stilts on the way back fom the pub :rofl::rofl:

Liz
X x

1 Like

After my fall yesterday I have some pretty spectacular bruises. I have had a good day our daughter took me shopping this morning then to see blood brothers this afternoon, I was fine enjoying myself until I got home, no one here to tell all about my day or to show what I bought, it hit me hard and what has been a lovely day ended in floods of tears. I hate being in this swamp.

3 Likes

We’re here for you
We understand

Big hugs :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Hi Rajay
Hope your ok. Falling is awful. As if you havent suffered enough. Look after yourself. This time of year isnt good. Still walking around the empty house. Still having my thought’s of how life is and how it should have been. .x

7 Likes

Hi catrin
Wow look at thay hope.you remembered where you pit your mobile and keys…
Bey thay was therapeutic. Very impressive…
Its motivated me now to do more in the gardenx

5 Likes