Chat and support

Loneliness is a killer Jo, I have never been alone before and to find myself alone now at 65 is just so sad. I’m trying and will continue to try and fill that void but like you don’t know if I will ever be ready to love another. So true xx

3 Likes

I 59 Lyn like you never been alone before. When I lost my first husband my son was still at home.
Now i am here all alone I hate it with a passion no one to have that ideal chat with.
Even sitting in silence feeling there is still someone there.
How long is it since you lost your husband?
I have a friend who met and married her 2nd husband within 6 months of losing her first and she is truly happy.
We are all different nothing is right or wrong we all just want happiness and to feel loved and wanted.
Hugs Jo xxx

4 Likes

I have had three major disasters in my life none of which I can get back,the first was losing my mum,the second was having to retire from the job I absolutely loved at 42,and the biggest by a long way was losing my wife,I guess coming to terms is a highly misused phrase.Xxxxx

7 Likes

My husband died 19mths ago Jo.
Yes we are all different in how we get through. I guess half this battle now is actually knowing what we want for our future happiness. I’m stuck on this one because I’m currently clueless but I retire in March so I am hoping I then have the time to start building the next phase of my life. Being at work I only have weekends to do or plan anything. Winter is also a bad time for being alone so need to get through this too xx

4 Likes

Hiya Lyn, mine is only 21 weeks today, i cant work due to agrophobia and disabilities I spend a great deal of time aline.
Its hard and lonely i miss the company of others. Like many others i am dreading winter. But I know I have no choice but to find away through this.
I love it when my daughter and grandaughter are here but I hate it when they go home and its just me and Millie( dog) here.
We are human we where not meant to be alone.
Hugs jo xxx

2 Likes

We will all find our happiness one day I hope.till thenvwe hold on and try and move foward.
Hugs Jo xxx

3 Likes

LynT

Sorry you are feeling low. Good you cry as it does release some sadness. Take care of yourself and don’t be forced into a relationship that you may not want. Seems a good idea to take some time to think about what you want. If someone cares for you they should respect how you feel.
For me personally my husband was my one true love so I don’t want another relationship. But I understand others want one. I am only 5 months grieving and it still feels so raw. I woke up this morning and my heart physically ached from missing him so much.

Keep sharing
Xx

3 Likes

Cut at an angle just below the little knotty bits that will be the new growth.

2 Likes

Same. John was too hard an act for anyone to follow. Like chalk and cheese, and we actually agreed on very little; but nobody else could take his place. We were soulmates.

4 Likes

Hi @Catrin1

That sounds like me and Roger, so different, rarely agreed,
often argued.

But so very much in love with each other.

My better half has gone and I will never ever get over losing him.

Love and hugs
Liz x x

5 Likes

I’m glad me and steve wasn’t the only ones that had are differences
But we always had a hug after x

2 Likes

Oh believe me @Pam14

We had a lot of differences but we also had 42 years together.

I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat

I miss him so much

X x

5 Likes

Hi liro
We were together for Just over 41 years
I would give anything to do it all over again

I miss him so much
Xx

3 Likes

Now fellow swamp friends,it appears as though the swamp monsters don’t like us leaving and are slowly gathering us all back up,well I for one am heartily sick of them,they will not control my life,the fight back starts now.Xxxx

4 Likes

Me neither. Hugs back. xx

3 Likes

I’ve been in a swamp big time today! Maybe cause it’s a Sunday and my husband died a year ago on a Sunday, but it’s a hard day.
Love to all who have felt like me today xx

4 Likes

It’s amazing the number of people on here who lost their partners on a Sunday,that makes it a particularly hard dayXx

4 Likes

My husband passed 11 months and I too feel like I’m going backwards. I think I’ve kept myself so busy that I feel liked I’ve masked it all and now having to deal with it… fortunately I’ve just been away for a week with my sister , came back yesterday, very quiet and lonely again!

4 Likes

It is planning the weekends and evenings, it’s exhausting. I just want things to be normal again

4 Likes

Oh Angel wouldnt that be lovely sometimes i feel like i am barely holding on. I would give anything to go back in time. Xxx

3 Likes