Chat and support

We had a side extension built which hold a small freezer and the microwave but also acts as kitchen storage. Everyone says it could rival Savers particularly as my carer has organised it.

3 Likes

But they only collect one of each and they sneer at my glass recycling. One bottle every couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Our council allow bottles in our green bin,which pretty much fills it.

2 Likes

If you ever need to downsize your toadstool mine are tiny.

2 Likes

We don’t have a green bin. But we do have glass recycling boxes. Very useful when it came to disposing of John’s eclectic collection of non-matching wine, beer, brandy, champagne and lager glasses (and yes, there are still plenty left, along with the Christmas market gluhwein mugs). Charity shops round here won’t take glasses.

2 Likes

Oh yes, plenty of all those indoors, too!

2 Likes

We have a brown bin for food, a blue bag for plastic, yoghurt pots and cans, black crate for paper, cardboard and tetra paks, green crate for glass. Black wheelie bin for general rubbish and green wheelie bin for garden waste. They also collect small electrical items, shoes and car batteries? Then they are surprised when things go in the wrong containers.

3 Likes

Goodness. You do wonder how sustainable it is for every household to have multiple un recyclable rubbish bins! We have black box for glass, green for food waste and plastic bags for cardboard, paper and tins. Sadly none for paint tins, screws, hammers etc. We need a Man Bin.

2 Likes

A lot of our pavements are very narrow and a lot of old terraced cottages. Collection day provides a true obstacle course and where do they expect us to keep all of these bins.

4 Likes

That does seem ridiculous, we have green for waste, grey for recycling, brown for garden rubbish and a back crate for glass bottles.
I thought that was excessive

X x

1 Like

Maybe we’ve been doing it wrong all these years, perhaps we should have kept some of our stuff in the sheds :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Evening
Me too.
I have all sorts of manly things in my drawers.
I would say you wouldn’t believe it.
Gaffa tape no idea why it’s called that.
Gorilla glue, bathroom sealant,wood stain,
lots of massive metal tape measures,flea powder,dog shampoo,the obvious screw drivers,
Spare keys that don’t fit any where in our house,
String, garden ties, screws nails,odd bits of what
I think are bathroom fittings oh I could go on.
This despite Sam having a double garage the cars never went in and a massive man sized
cupboard.
Our men folk all seemed to be the same.
Yes a propane gas bottle a massive BBQ
with rottiserie .Egg chairs x 2, 3 huge rugs
Loads of garden furniture, garden equipment.
He was staunchly against having the garage
cleared and I don’t know why.
Perhaps it was because he couldn’t let go.
Regarding clearance, I managed to get a great
Local man-who came on his own with a van
And a large container .
I asked a friend to help me as like pudding said
I needed to be able to let go.
Who wants four shovels and rusty saws, claw hammers etc.
She was quite ruthless as I clung onto his dearest possessions.
I let go and I cried my eyes out.
Love Doreen x

1 Like

People tell me this will get better. Just one question - HOW?.
At the moment I am definitely getting worse. I’m crying buckets every morning, I miss him SOOOOH much I can’t put it into words.
I still can’t face sleeping in our bed - I’m still on the settee every night. This surely can’t be right, but I don’t know what else to do.
I know we’re all, as I said before, in the same boat, and I’ve definitely fallen overboard. How do you all cope with the tears. Does anyone else feel there’s no point to anything.
Someone told me crying is good for you. If that’s right I should be the healthiest person around, so why do I feel totally drained - no motivation.
You’ve all been having a laugh and a joke about various things and that’s really great. I really envy you all ‘cos I just can’t find the will to join in.
I’m sorry to be such a “wet blanket” - hope you’ ll all forgive me.
I’m send every one of you my love and tons of hugs :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

3 Likes

Harriet4Bill

I took am missing my husband so much and can’t join in the banter that people here have been. But that’s ok.

I actually find comfort in sleeping in our bed as for me it makes me feel like he’s still with me. But I understand everyone is different.

I feel so down and not excited about anything. I still work but am off sick. It was meant to give me time to grieve as I hadn’t had time to do so. But his probate want more information and I thought I was done with it. I also had to get a different car and was so stressed out about it. He normally helped wall of that so I feel his loss again so much.

I too am being a wet blanket but it’s where I am.

Xxx

2 Likes

Oh @Harriet4Bill

I’m so sorry that you are struggling so much.
I’m further on than you but I still cry every day.
The slightest thing will start me off.
I know you don’t want me to tell you that things will get easier to bear.
But they will.
One day you will realise you are beginning to cope and the tears will become less. Not go completely but become less.
I don’t know the answer to not sleeping in your bed, but I don’t think sleeping on the settee is it.
Have you thought of counselling, I’m still waiting but people say it does help.

As for the joking about, I was like you at the beginning. I thought it was a bit frivolous, then I read more of the posts and realised its just people coping in anyway they can, and sometimes its good to laugh. Now I join in too, it does help, sometimes.
There are still many times I’m upset and when anyone is upset the others all rally round to support each other.

Please keep reading, we do all understand and are here if you want us, for anything.

You are not a wet blsnket

And you are not alone

Love and big hugs to you
Liz x x

5 Likes

Hi @2hard2bear

As I’ve just said to @Harriet4Bill . You are not a wet blanket.

You are grieving. We all are but we all do it in different ways.

Beneath the joking and banter there are people really struggling to make sense of it all.
It’s almost a form of mass hysteria

I personally struggle everyday but I know that I have to move on.
Crying is good for us
But so is laughing.

But if you aren’t ready thats ok.
It took me a while to join in

Some days I don’t feel like it so I don’t
If I’m upset I say so, everyone rallies tound.

Please be sure we all understand.
You are not alone.

Love and big hugs
Liz x x

3 Likes

We are all on a journey and each day is different. I don’t join in with the banter, I very much enjoy it though. It makes me smile. I lost my partner 12 weeks ago. We had been fostering 2 siblings for quite a few years. The morning after he passed, I put on a brave face and sent them off to school. I contacted the Social Worker and arranged respite. The children were collected after school. Again I put on a brave face and told them my parner was ill and I needed to help him for a few days. Lots of tears and hugs. 48 hours later, the professionals decided the children needed to know the truth. The older sibling with SEN and both with extreme behaviours and trauma. They were told. I ask to be the one to tell them. I was overruled. The eldest had a massive meltdown and accused me of hurting her and she hated me! I broke promises etc. This child had been glued to me for years, I was her person. The afternoon my partner was having a postmortem, I receive a call from Social Services saying they needed to visit and speak to me. Only 6 days after his passing. I was distraught and couldn’t see anyone. I was told I would be subject to an investigation. Then informed the police would be contacting me about an allegation. It has taken 11 weeks!! This week I had to go to a police station and be interviewed, exactly 12 weeks after his death. I was informed no further action will be taken. I feel I have not been able to fully grieve. The worry has been horrendous. I have not been allowed contact with the children or any children without supervision. They won’t be returning to my care. My physical and emotional health are in tatters. The children must think I am another adult who has let them down and abandoned them. I don’t know how I will ever get over this.

4 Likes

Hello @Harriet4Bill @2hard2bear

I wonder if the people who say this actually know what they mean by better?

I don’t think better is the right word.

I think it is one of the phrases come up with as they don’t understand and don’t know what to say.

You are not wet blankets, like us you are grieving.

My wonderful husband passed in March.

Honestly, I hate this life. I want him back.

Like @Liro the tears are still a part of my life.

Sometimes tears are a release. Sometimes they make no difference to how I feel.

I think the majority of us on here are plodding along, doing what we can do or
need to do. Most likely, not happily.

For instance, shopping which I know is now different and difficult for us as it brings back memories of how it was.
I do it because I have to and get what is needed.
Hopefully, one day you and I can shop and buy something because we would quite like that for dinner or lunch, not because it’s convenient and doesn’t take any effort.
Perhaps, that is part of it getting ‘better’.

Sending a very big hug xx

4 Likes

Oh @Mbg

I’m so sorry that you’ve had to go through all this.
You’ve lost your husband and are treated like a criminal. And it took them so long to deal with it.

I can’t imagine the anguish you’ve suffered
As if losing your partner wasn’t enough

We are all here for you. To listen and to support you in whatever way we can

Sending love and a big hug
Liz x x

5 Likes

Omg darling that not only horrendous but so very cruel , my heart goes out to you and your children.
How can social services get away with such cruelty, you and your poor childrens world as been turned upside down not once but twice.
You must be in such a torment of pain , i cant imagine.
It was hard enough lo lose my husband the devastation of that was and is pain enogh.
I send you massive hugs Jo xxx

4 Likes