Chat and support

I have heard of some pretty weird fantasies, but a penguin dressed in sequinned hotpants and boob tube going for a flu vaccination is seriously disturbing. :thinking::crazy_face:

3 Likes

‘Pebbling’ describes small deeds of love that remind your partner that you’re thinking of them.

I knew I’d find a reason for Jeremy throwing pebbles at you. He’s telling you he’s thinking of you.

I wish Roger would throw a pebble at me

X x

So are you saying Ron is seriously disturbing? :joy::joy:

X x

1 Like

I really hope he is throwing pebbles at me, then. So long as none of them hit me.
Nah, Ron doesn’t disturb me. He makes me laugh.
Xx

2 Likes

I think he makes us all laugh
So do you.

You’re both good for us

x x

1 Like

Joking aside. I talk to Jeremy all the time. In the garden, in the car, the house, everywhere.
I ask him where things are and how to do things I don’t know about.
He still hasn’t told me how to update his wretched spreadsheets. It is my own fault. For the last few years of his working life he was a Computer Instructor at a college, some of his work was evening classes for older people, teaching them how to do spreadsheets, etc. He did try to teach me, but I was having none of it.
I told him that was why I married him, so that I wouldn’t have to do boring things like that.
Serves me right, I suppose!
Xx

3 Likes

This is where I wish I was closer. I could teach you. What spreadsheets do you have and what are they created in? Maybe I can make you up an instruction sheet. First thing is make sure you are allowed to edit. Normally on top right of page. I used to do remote IT support.

1 Like

I have just turned on the computer. It is “cleaning up”. Excel I think.

1 Like

EXCEl makes sense. Been a long time since I used Excel. Would need to do some playing before I could help anyone else. When I retired I volunteered for a charity that drew up instruction manuals and courses for volunteer charity workers. One was for Excel. This was 2005/2006.

1 Like

Oh dear. Fell at the first post. Never mind, back to my trusty pen and paper and calculator.

Katie just arrived home. Time for jabs.
Thanks anyway. Xx

3 Likes

Good Luck. Hope he looks like Elvis.

2 Likes

I’m the same, talk to Roger constantly. Wherever I am
I ask him how to do things, where things are. His opinion on everything.

My friend thinks I shouldn’t but she hasn’t got a clue.

Although she did try to tell me her divorce was as bad as a bereavement :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:

She has lost a son so I know she knows what its like to be bereaved but its still not the same as losing your husband, your soulmate, your best friend

Hope the jabs go ok

Love and hugs
Liz x x

2 Likes

You can access online tutorials for free. Some local libraries provide training and assistance. Our local library and our local community centre do. Nothing wrong with pen paper and calculator. It’s whatever works.

1 Like

No Liz you are right, divorce is nothing like losing your husband. I know this on both accounts and I know for certian which I would choose.
Yes she mught understand grief but she really as no idea the pain the ache losing you partner is.
I like you talk to Gra all the time I say good morning and I kiss his picture each night.
Hugs Jo xxx

3 Likes

I used to think I was maybe losing it.
But being on here with all of you I realise that what I am doing is normal.

Now there’s something Roger would have disagreed with. Me, normal?

God Jo I miss him so much and I know you all do too

Well you don’t all miss Roger but you know what I mean :smirk:

How do we ever get through this?

Love and hugs
Liz x x

1 Like

Yes Liz I do and as Gra would say there is no such thing as normal, its just a setting on a washing machine.
I would give anything do anything if I could have Gra back . :pensive:
Xxxx
Zi have no idea Liz. But I do hope one day we all find some sort of happiness again .xxx

2 Likes

How are your bruises, is the pain getting any easier?

X x

No not really I am walking like a penquin lol
But the bruising is starting to come out more today. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel a little better. Ty for asking. Xxx

2 Likes

Could you borrow Jane’s hot pants and boob tube to please Ron? Two penguins to fuel his imagination.

1 Like

Oh wow, the mind boggles.
Thse mental images are getting very vivid :upside_down_face:

We could all be having nightmares tonight.

Especially Ron. Being pursued by giant Penguins in sparkly bras and hot pants!!
:joy::joy::joy:

X x

1 Like