Chat and support

Been reading all your comments … I am driving home having been in Ireland to visit friends ( I work there) - not really sure whether a meltdown awaits me when I get there. And the brick is back sitting on my chest. It is 14 weeks today - he passed away early in the morning. At the moment it hurts so much …… I feel as though I am going backwards. Your risotto sounds wonderful Ron - but alas I have lost my appetite big time …. Hugs to everyone

6 Likes

Its hard this journey we are all travelling a journey none of us would wish to be doing, but its a sad fact of live when you love someone you risk the heartache of losing them.
I hate Sundays everything seemed to happen on a Sunday, but I know Gra will be snapping at my sorry arse saying come on darling its time to get back on with life.
He fought and horrendous battle never failing to amaze ne and hospital staff at his determination to live.
So I feel I have to live my life for the both of us.Trying to find joy in anyway I can.
On here we are all at different stages some people are able to move on in a few weeks other months years down the line are still stuggling. Neither is right or wrong we are all individuals we our own thoughts and feelings.
But I for one are trying really hard to see light at the end of this very dark tunnel. And I have to believe one day I will feel happy again and part of the real world.
Hugs Jo

6 Likes

Hi
I feel for you and people can be so insensitive. But you were very mature and took the high road. You vented here which is a safe place. So many people have said things to me that hurt more than helped. I am choosing not to waste my precious energy on explaining how I feel to them. Most people don’t get it but the majority means well. And don’t know what to say so say what they think they should. This if course is not your family member.

We all struggle. I will never get over his loss but hope the pain lessens in future.

I still haven’t gotten rid of any of his things. Still have his combs, shaving cream etc. it gives me comfort.

Xx oo

3 Likes

I am visiting my daughter. Friday to Sunday. I can honestly say I will be glad to get home. I have come upstairs to cry. She avoids talking about her Dad and I feel like a stranger. If I start to show any emotion, she becomes uncomfortable.

5 Likes

I am so sorry you feel like this, it is sad when family won’t talk about loved ones. Maybe your daughter is worried she will upset you if she talks about her Dad. Our daughter doesn’t initiate a conversation about her Dad but is happy to talk about him if I do.

3 Likes

Aww what a ahame you cant relax cry together and talk about your husband her dad. ,
Hugs Jo xxx

3 Likes

Mbg
My daughter talks about him but doesn’t like it when I get upset. So I don’t call her if I am.
It’s hard but everyone deals with in their own way. Try not to take it personally. When you stay next time and if you are feeling sad just excuse yourself to your room for a bit or go for a walk
Xx

2 Likes

My daughters don’t talk to me and don’t mention there dad it’s very hurtful but I guess everyone deals with things in there own way x

4 Likes

I will apologise in advance if my post makes no sense,for the second night in a row my dinners gone in the bin,I am sat in the middle of the room with a large glass of wine in tears,just spent the last hour on the phone with my ex skittle in the US,it’s our 40th anniversary in three weeks time and the guys have put a montage together of our time together,all our family’s were really close and loved each other dearly,some family have passed and they have arranged a video call on the day,to say ime in bits is a bit of an understatement talk again soon.

7 Likes

Sending you love and a hug :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Awww Ron (hugs) hun , what a lovely thoughtful thing. Enjoy your wine let them tears fall and know we are all here for you.
Love Jo xxc

3 Likes

Sending hugs xx

4 Likes

Hi Doreen

I’m sorry for the delay in replying. I was travelling back from my sisters.

I do understand how you feel, people can be so thoughtless, they’ll understand when it happens to them, but I wouldn’t wish any of this on anyone.

I remember how wretched I felt on the 6 month anniversary, not helped by having to go to a funeral, same place, same day, same time.

Now I’m over 7 months and I still miss him terribly and still cry every day, some more than others, sometimes just very wet eyes.
I do find I control it better in company most times.
I suppose when I look back to the start I am beginning to cope a bit.
But I often wonder how I’ll get through it.

And no I’m not sorry I asked. I just want to help you through if I can.

You have both my hands and I will be saying a prayer for you at 10.30.

You are not alone
We’re all here for you

Love and big hugs
Liz x x

2 Likes

So sorry Ron

We’re all here for you, you know that.

Enjoy your wine and have a good cry. It sometimes helps

Love and a big hug
Liz x x

3 Likes

Hi Jo
You have come so far and you’re doing so well.
I remember when you first came on here and you were sure you’d never cope

Well look where you are now, trying hard to carry on and look to the future.

And you’re always there to help others

I know we’ve still got a long journey and will stumble now and again, and slip down the rollercoaster. But together, eventually, we will get to the top

Lots of love and hugs
Liz x x

2 Likes

Hello Ron
You know how I understand how you feel.
My thoughts are very much with you tonight
What a comfort to have those guys around you
caring for the both of you…
Hard for you, but their compassion is something
for you to treasure.
Please when you have your wine do your toast
to the lady you clearly adore.
I am having a big glass also and will toast my Sam at 10-30.
My hands are also here for you and every body
Else who needs them
Love and comfort Doreen x

2 Likes

I thank you Liz and all of you on this site, been there always offering words of support and comfort, always a guiding hand.
True what you say Liz in the beginning i dudnt even think I would make the end of the week.but but by bit tiny steps foward massive steps back I feel I am slowly fetting there.
I hold my darling Gras words in my heart and I hold on to every life line I find.
I will be forever grateful to you all you will always have my love and respect. And I hope I give a little back in some small way to what you have given me.
Hugs Jo xxx

4 Likes

Oh Jo

You’re always giving back

You’re always there for me when I’m down.
You’re always pulling someone up.

Love and hugs
Liz x x

2 Likes

Hugs always Liz you as many others on here are really special. Xxx

2 Likes

Thinking of you Doreen

Love and a big hug
Liz x x

1 Like