Chat and support

Hi Rosiejack… I think I know where you’re coming from.
I know my Bill has gone. I know he’s not coming back, but suddenly, for some reason I can’t explain, I keep expecting to see him. Am I going mad - I hope not.
Love him so much. Miss him so much - more every day. How do we move on is a question I can’t answer. I don’t know about you, but I seem to be getting worse not better. I must be stuck because I can’t see any future worth having without my Bill.
Love and hugs :heart: :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

6 Likes

Thank you Ron x

2 Likes

My Jeremy died in the early hours of a Saturday morning.
Maybe that’s why I find the weekends worse, although I really try the “think of something else” technique.
Distraction? Probably. But it’s my way of coping.
I would never get off the floor if I gave in to what I really feel like doing.
I admit it, sometimes I fake it until I make it.
Xx

4 Likes

Not going mad. It’s 16 months for me and still occasionally I just think he’ll be back soon he’s just gone to one of his meetings. The other day I’ll swear I caught a glimpse of him sitting in his chair out if the corner of my eye. Xx

4 Likes

Currently in pub and guess what…eating fish, chips and mushy peas but no fosters lol (I’m at front with glasses) cheers :cocktail:

4 Likes

Hi Doreen

How are you?

My hands are still here for you :raised_hand::raised_hand:

Love and hugs
Liz x x

Enjoy, it looks like party night,spinning light balls,sparkly floors,budgie smugglers,sequinned hot pants and boob tubes,have I missed anything.Xx

2 Likes

Enjoy
Have one, or 2, for me

x x

2 Likes

I’ve started distraction. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t

But as you say we can’t give in to our real feelings or well never get up.

And Sandra, I’ve had that, well similar, I’ve heard him tell me to go to bed when I’ve dropped off in the armchair.
Just like he always did

X x

3 Likes

Hi
I agree with you and Harriet4Bill. I am getting worse but a nurse told me recently I am making progress.
I am tucked up in bed just watching telly but having cups of tea and comfort food to get better.
My husband passed away in the very early hours of a Tuesday morning. But weekends are still hard as that was time for us. I work 4 days a week which only started last April. Before that was 5 days. So really get lonely on the weekends.
Xx oo

5 Likes

Ooh, that sounds lovely!

2 Likes

Thank you liz
I feel sad lonely sometimes hysterical,
and going round like a crackpot talking out loud. .Asking questions expecting answers
trying to work out how this could happen .
What did I miss .?
This is truly terrible for all of us I know from this site I am not alone.
Some of us on here are trying their very best
for some cheeky banter.It’s funny and I do
smile.
I think they are so very brave and I really
appreciate it.
If you read the post about my visitor this afternoon you will see how horrible I was.
She a family member was rude make some awful remarks 6 months ago about my loss.
Never seen or heard from her since.
I really felt like smashing her stupid face in.
I didn’t I was polite made coffee had chit chat
She still said well you’re coming to the end
Of it now!!!
I put her straight.
Thank you for asking I bet you wish you had’nt
I will be grabbing onto your hand tonight
and anybody else’s hand.
Please think of me at 10-30
It really helps when I feel the wealth of love and
unconditional support from you all
My love and support to all Doreen x

5 Likes

Doreen, we’re with you. Hold on to all our hands.
Coming to the end of it? - we wish! People can be so thoughtless in what they say.
Will be thinking of you tonight. xx

4 Likes

Hi Doreen.
I think we all at sometimes feel sad and lonely,you didn’t miss anything,sadly we all feel a touch of guilt,why didn’t we see it,why didn’t we do more,and on and on,forgive yourself he would,the joking and banter does I think helps all of us,the most important thing now is to be kind to ourselves and staying as strong as possible,I think we will always have moments,it’s up to us to control them,not them us.
Love RonXx

5 Likes

@Ron11
Not quite party night, it’s a bottomless brunch haha with my friends :joy:. I can’t stop in at weekends doing nothing lol, got to get out there and live your best life. After several vino’s we are now attempting to book a weekend away lol

2 Likes

Been reading all your comments … I am driving home having been in Ireland to visit friends ( I work there) - not really sure whether a meltdown awaits me when I get there. And the brick is back sitting on my chest. It is 14 weeks today - he passed away early in the morning. At the moment it hurts so much …… I feel as though I am going backwards. Your risotto sounds wonderful Ron - but alas I have lost my appetite big time …. Hugs to everyone

6 Likes

Its hard this journey we are all travelling a journey none of us would wish to be doing, but its a sad fact of live when you love someone you risk the heartache of losing them.
I hate Sundays everything seemed to happen on a Sunday, but I know Gra will be snapping at my sorry arse saying come on darling its time to get back on with life.
He fought and horrendous battle never failing to amaze ne and hospital staff at his determination to live.
So I feel I have to live my life for the both of us.Trying to find joy in anyway I can.
On here we are all at different stages some people are able to move on in a few weeks other months years down the line are still stuggling. Neither is right or wrong we are all individuals we our own thoughts and feelings.
But I for one are trying really hard to see light at the end of this very dark tunnel. And I have to believe one day I will feel happy again and part of the real world.
Hugs Jo

6 Likes

Hi
I feel for you and people can be so insensitive. But you were very mature and took the high road. You vented here which is a safe place. So many people have said things to me that hurt more than helped. I am choosing not to waste my precious energy on explaining how I feel to them. Most people don’t get it but the majority means well. And don’t know what to say so say what they think they should. This if course is not your family member.

We all struggle. I will never get over his loss but hope the pain lessens in future.

I still haven’t gotten rid of any of his things. Still have his combs, shaving cream etc. it gives me comfort.

Xx oo

3 Likes

I am visiting my daughter. Friday to Sunday. I can honestly say I will be glad to get home. I have come upstairs to cry. She avoids talking about her Dad and I feel like a stranger. If I start to show any emotion, she becomes uncomfortable.

5 Likes

I am so sorry you feel like this, it is sad when family won’t talk about loved ones. Maybe your daughter is worried she will upset you if she talks about her Dad. Our daughter doesn’t initiate a conversation about her Dad but is happy to talk about him if I do.

3 Likes