Chat and support

Hi Jane.
Good for her she must be a real Adrenalin junkie and all for charity,should be more like her.Xx

3 Likes

Oh damn,in that case can I have my wooden leg back you pulled it off,I have been walking errrm hopping around all morning like captain pug wash.

2 Likes

Thanks for candle being lit. I go to church and always light a candle. I was there 2 weeks ago and lit one for myself. I was in the swamp last night and cried. I was watching a movie and it made me think of my husband.iss him so much. Yesterday I thought my sore throat was getting better but it’s really sore today. So staying in. At least my headaches have stopped so some progress.

Hands here for anyone but don’t feel I am much use today. You are all in my thoughts though. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought it was one of those seasoned logs you mentioned.
It is burning nicely in my fireplace.
Think of it as recompense for my bruised leg.
I have got a spare parrot if you need it, and a gold hoop earring. I lost the other one in the swamp.
You go and practice your best Long John Silver accent, I will get the earring and parrot to you asap.
Xx

2 Likes

My SIL has terminal ovarian cancer. They have been working through her bucket list and my brothers pension. I have added him to my will so that if I go first he will least have something to live on.
So far she has done that long zip wire in wales, a speed boat on the Thames, a sky dive, a balloon flight, a drive along the Amalfi coast. Couldn’t fly first class as insurance wouldn’t allow long haul travel but has flown business. Didn’t know she was such an adrenaline junkie. Just started a new round of chemo. 3 weeks on and 1 off which has curtailed a lot of trips they had planned.

3 Likes

Until yesterday I didn’t realise how deep and how painful this swamp is,I have had two invitations this week,one is to go over and attend our 40th anniversary commemoration in the US,and the other was to go help out in Cyprus for three months,initially I turned them both down,now I am having second thoughts,yes I will carry my pain but the only times I would be alone is when I go to bed,maybe after swamp Sunday I will be able to make a decision.

4 Likes

@Pudding Wow, I love and admire her attitude and resilience, in living every day to the max.
Life is so precious. I love positive people who no matter what life throws at them, they never give up and live life with gratitude.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday and make the most of it. The sun is shining here so off for a nice long autumn walk, followed by pub Sunday roast

1 Like

She really is amazing especially as her son is going through a rather nasty divorce at this time. She thought she would go before Norman. When she was diagnosed we didn’t even know Norman was ill. Less than 2 weeks from diagnosis to death. Even through all this they are supporting me and try and visit but as I live in Somerset and they in Essex it isn’t easy. She has taught my brother how to cook and how all the appliances work. He has a full instruction book.
Xx
Sandra

1 Like

Ron11

No decision is a decision and your initial decline of the invites is what was right for you at that time. I took, struggle with invites. Family are asking me to go on holiday in 2026 but I just say can I get thru this year first. Some other invites have come in but I hesitate to make plans as I never know how I dey. I have e done some things but feel I have to our on a “brave” face which is tiring afterwards.

Take care Ron and trust your instincts.

4 Likes

I am not religious but have taken great comfort from lighting a candle for My Jon every now and again. The swamp was a crowded place last night - I am hoping that I can stay out of it today, and hope that the day is better for all of you. I have a lot of sorting still to do today - and the sun has come out, so maybe a walk as well. Tire myself out if nothing else.
Hugs
Hazel

4 Likes

Everyone is different. If I learned anything last time it is that you can’t outrun grief.
I go out, have friends round, laugh and joke when I can. I also cry a lot.
My home is my sanctuary, I don’t feel comfortable anywhere else.
I can hold it together for a while, but only because I know that when I get home I can have a good old howl.
I have been invited to stay with friends, but I know I wouldn’t last the course.
I can only fake it for short periods.
Xx

5 Likes

Thank you,it’s so difficult to make reasoned decisions when you are in this state of mind,my brain always now starts off on negatives,whereas before it was always positives,decision making is now pretty much a lottery and I don’t have the one guiding hand here anymore.Xx

5 Likes

Those are the two battles playing out right now in my head,I have done the old trick of pen and paper pros v cons all ended up in the bin,until now I was never indecisive,but now find myself double checking everything I do,where is she when I need her.Xx

5 Likes

Same place Jeremy is, my friend. They are in our hearts.
Xx

6 Likes

Our home is my sanctuary so I know how you feel, we were very happy here and Ray loved our home. I can’t face going anywhere apart from to our daughters one night a week. I am booked to go to America in May with my sister and Aunt to stay with family, but I couldn’t go anywhere on my own xx

6 Likes

Morning Ron
I see you are like most of us in a dreadfully sad
Way today.
You need her and she is not there
The weight of that upon our shoulders is really hard to bear.
Decisions I used to be able to make them.
Now my brain never feels clear.
At night when I lock up, never my job before.
We have lots of doors I lock them and go round
and round rechecking them
I am on my own here and don’t seem to trust
My self.
Small things, but important.
I hope you can manage to have a peaceful day
and manage to get some food I am thinking
Of you. Love and comfort Doreen x

5 Likes

You will know when the time is right to be away from home for a longish period. Unless to have a deadline for accepting I would try and concentrate on other things for now, your lovely wife will give you a push in the right direction.

4 Likes

Hi everyone

The candles
were lit and prayers said.

I hope in some small way you’ll all be comforted a little

Love and hugs
Liz x x

5 Likes

Thank you so much for you message of
Support it really helps especially in the grim
reality of the dark night ahead
Love and comfort