Christmas-should I or shouldn’t I?

I live Nottingham. I will be lighting a candle for Colin. I have also bought a Christmas cactus as his birthday is 13th December. It is in flower now which is lovely to see. I check it in the morning when i sit in the conservatory with a coffee and cigarette before going to work.

7 Likes

Our 16th anniversary is on Thursday 14th of December. We would be 16 years married but we were almost 26 years together. Your cactus looks lovely. Sending love and hugs.

1 Like

I am in Devon. Lost my husband in May. Love the Christmas eve candle idea. Think it will make us all feel part of a group who really do understand how broken we are. Our insides ripped open. I am so glad I found this group.

1 Like

Colin passed 21st July and i too will be lighting a candle for him. I miss my Yorkie man.

1 Like

It’s lovely to see where you are all from it makes it feel like we are a family hope you all have a day to relax and do whatever you want x

2 Likes

@Lin22 I live just outside Norwich in Norfolk xx

2 Likes

Morning Hazel, I’ve had some wonderful holidays in Norfolk and have some lovely memories from there x

2 Likes

I’m in South Wales. Andrew was only 60, we were together 42 years and married for 39.

I’m loving the Christmas candle idea and will definitely do it :blush: x

2 Likes

I grew up in Norfolk (small villages between Great Yarmouth and Norwich) in the 1970s and 1980s. I liked Norwich.

John and I were together for 24 years and married for 22 years. He was nearly 20 years older than me and was 67 when he died.

2 Likes

I’m from Cheshire and lost my Rob in july this year. I’m not sure if I will even bother with Christmas decorations this year.

2 Likes

Im from north Yorkshire and list my partner in april.Im struggling big time with lonliness no support groups near me in this area and no family in uk .Its a never ending yearning to be with him.Finding it hard to see any positives for the future .Hope you all are having a better day xxx

2 Likes

I am living between Northumberland and Sheffield, but more permanently in Northumberland after Christmas.

I am not doing much for Christmas decorations wise, but spending Christmas and New Year abroad, where our eldest daughter is now working, together with our youngest, who lives in London

1 Like

I live between Norwich and Great Yarmouth in a village though I would call it a small town with all the houses being built.
I was with my husband for 31 years marriage 25 years. My husband was 53 years old when he died :cry:

1 Like

It’s lovely to hear where you are from it’s like having family in different parts of the country all going through the same we are widow warriors trying to understand why this as happened to us :broken_heart:

6 Likes

I am from Stoke on Trent. I lost Steve 8 weeks ago on my 59th birthday. He was as far as we knew a fit and healthy 75 who the following week should have been walking Hadrians Wall. I intend to do the candle. I have bought 1 for all Steves family which I shalll gve to them gir xmas n ask them to light them.

5 Likes

@Hazel.1966 I wonder if you are actually in one of the villages I grew up in, which has massively expanded since I was there. I won’t give the name of it in case you are.

@Hope5 John and I visited North Yorkshire quite a few times. We thought it was lovely up there. John always drove but I am determined to go to Thirsk on the train at some point as it’s doable direct from London. I can imagine that it must be very isolated if you don’t have family though.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible. x

2 Likes

Just to say hello to you. Being lonely sucks. I know as I have no children and all my family are older, sometimes ,i go to tesco just to see someone. Anyway hello n hope ur day gets better. Xx

7 Likes

Northumberland is a loveley place just spent a couple of days up there .im spending Christmas day on my own by choice will be so hard xx

2 Likes

Morning lovely people,
Im in Shropshire at the moment, moving to Cumbria in December to be near daughters ,if anybody lives in that area ,please get in touch as I will be completely new to area ,starting out on the next phase of my life alone at 59, and yes I am lighting a candle for my wonderful husband who died in June, but Christmas ive cancelled this year , xx

4 Likes

Hello i do the same go to the shops hoping to have a chat i think there are such a lot of lonley people in the world its sad xxx

6 Likes