Community Bereavement Cafe - 26/05/21 at 3.30pm

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I posted a poll to ask whether you would like a space on the community similar to a bereavement cafe where you can chat to each other at a set time each week. The majority of you said you would like to have this space and we are ready to launch our first text-based bereavement cafe on the community.

What is the community bereavement cafe?
The community bereavement cafe is a space where you can chat online in this topic at a set time each week and get text-based support from members of the community. There will be a staff member or volunteer to offer support and moderate to make sure it remains a safe and support space.

When will it be taking part?
It will be taking place on Wednesday 26 May 2021 at 3.30pm-5pm. This topic will be opened at this time, and you can post a message in here from 3.30pm.

What can I talk about?
You can talk about anything that’s on your mind, whether you want to get support from other members here or have a general chat about anything. Our usual Community Guidelines will still apply so make sure to have a read of them if you’re not too familiar with them.

If you have any questions, you can email me at online.community@sueryder.org :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

Our community bereavement cafe will be taking place on this topic at 3.30pm today. We’re going to run these each week and it’s a space where you can get text-based support from each other.

At 3.30pm, I’ll open this topic and you’ll be able to make a post and chat with each other.

I’m looking forward to seeing you all here in a few hours.

Speak to you soon :slight_smile:

Aife

Our community bereavement cafe is now open!

This topic is a space where you can chat to each other to get text-based support at a set time each week from 3.30pm until 5pm.

How are you all feeling today?

Hi Aife, this is a really good idea, I don’t post much now, but nice to connect with everyone.
Steph.

1 Like

Thank you for coming along @Stephtim :slight_smile: It’s great that you like connecting with everyone here. How’s your day been today?

I’m having an ok day today, just suffering with laryngitis , have lost my voice since Sunday, my girls will be pleased :joy:

How old are your girls?

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling unwell, I hope you feel better soon @Stephtim.

They are all grown up now, 30, 27 and 22, my youngest is still at home, makes me feel old .

1 Like

They grow up so quick, don’t they. Our son is 19 and at uni. I do miss him.

1 Like

@Stephtim that’s nice you have your youngest daughter still at home at the moment.

@Jo60plus what’s your son studying at uni?

They really do grow up quickly, the time has gone in a flash, you must really miss him .

He studies politics and international relations. It is his first year at uni so it has been a very strange year for him, he only had a real lecture on his last day. We chat every evening on whatsapp.

1 Like

That’s lovely to keep in touch everyday, wow politics, is he enjoying it.

Yes, he is, but a bit fed up with online lectures. He has only recently been able to meet up with some other students in his group. Hopefully his second year will be normal. I think most of us are looking forward to an end to lockdown. Have you been able t meet regularly with your other children?

@Jo60plus I can imagine his first year being a strange experience. Really hope he’ll be able to get the uni experience he’s hoping for when lockdown ends.

Let’s hope so. Yes I’ve been able to see my other daughters, I have four grandchildren , the youngest is 3 months and eldest is four, so they keep me busy and can see more of them now.