Feelings

Did you get anywhere with counselling after going for the assesment? I really think you need it x

Theres a waiting list , don’t know how long but am really anxious now

I know what you mean about feeling flat as well , Am worse in the evenings with anxiety until medication kicks in

I get really frightened about how I feel, I dont think any of my friends or family can understand how bad it is. I shake every morning when I wake up and my heart beats fast for ages. I feel so alone at times x

I feel alone with it as well no-one seems to understand do they … Av got a really bad headache today and the anxiety doesn’t help . How are you today ?

Im slightly better today, I slept well last night which makes a huge difference. Im really trying to stay positive with spring on the way. I have to keep busy or my mind wanders and the worry starts x

Did you feel ok seeing your granddaughter ?
I’ve been in my pyjamas 2 days now and the headache is raging at the moment . I know people say grief affects people dffrently but feel like am a freak at the moment … just don’t stop loving our children/ grandchildren do we ?
Am sorry bout this I know you’re feeling brighter and don’t want to spoil your day x

Hey its ok Im up and down too so its fine. My granddaughter runs to me when she sees me and I know I love her but I wish I had deeper feelings for her. I pretend to myself hoping it will change and maybe one day I will feel the deep love I should.
You are not a freak so dont put yourself down, take deep breaths and try to relax, stress will make your headache worse. Try to get out tomorrow, just for a walk maybe, fresh air will help x

Hi hope u ok ? Am meeting my granddaughter for the 1st time today and am very anxious. My friend Jenny has just been round and brought me some toys that she had for her granddaughter, which is good . Jenny was a nursery nurse so she knows what a 6 month old would be into.
I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow with a view to changing my medication but there is a chance I may feel worse if I do that . I had a bad week last week and when I spoke to one of the GPS at my surgery she said it was the grief that is causing me to feel this way . I feel better when am out but it’s so cold up here at the moment however I had a couple of walks round the park last week… feel better when am not in the house . Just never felt the way I do for so long before x

I hope todays visit from your granddaughter went well, I bet shes beautiful. I find that having a baby around helps but I also understand your anxiety. I think its a good idea to try changing your medication, I know its taking a chance but anything is worth trying, fingers crossed for you.
Im having good days and bad days, I havent been sleeping well lately Im awake at all hours stressing then tired the next day. I know what you mean about feeling better when your out, Im the same but then I hate coming home x

Hi today went very well ! Lottie is a pretty little thing , just like a little doll ! She’s a dainty 6 months. My son and grandson went to do a bit of shopping so me and Lottie cuddled up and played with some toys my friend brought round and watched a bit of Tele. Got to be careful cos Jacob wanted my attention as well and don’t want him to feel left out . My son is a very hands on dad , changing nappies etc ! . ! I’ve got my GP appointment tomorrow ,still going to discuss meds and other stuff as well. Also am stressing about the cost of living and doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better !
Yes I feel better when I’m out but get home and it all starts again ! The sleep thing is about par for the course when our minds are all over the place isn’t it ? Hope you had a reasonable day xx

Im so glad you had a lovely time with your lovely granddaughter she sounds adorable. You seem to be a bit brighter, I hope it helped you having your family around. Good luck with the GP today , try not to stress too much.
I had an ok day, I still feel down but Im trying to plan things and look forward to spring. x

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea … Spring feels a long way off at the moment bit miserable here today . Am just going to drop some stuff off at our local charity shop then do a food shop which I dread each time ! x

1 Like

Enjoy your day! x

Hi Jan I saw my GP last week and said that I had njoyed having my family round .Had a good week last week but then today my son and grandson came and av not béen able to find those feelings again .They didnt stay long as Jacob is playing football again for Sheffield football club this afternoon but he was in good spirits. Really don’t know why but my feelings are up and down at moment. The wedding is 5 weeks today .
How are you ? x

Hi, good to hear you had a better week last week. Its going to be up & down for a while but it sounds like your having a lot more good days than bad.
Ive been similar this week, ok one minute then the anxiety takes over and Im flapping about everything.
Concentrate on the wedding even if it does seem worrying right now, nothing is ever as bad as we imagine x

1 Like

Hi am having a bad day already. Constant butterflies in my stomach. Just made coffee and laid in bed . How are you ? x

Oh Im sorry to hear your feeling so bad already, has anything happened to make you feeling this bad or is your anxiety taking over? Im okish no change really just plodding on. Im going to pick my granddaughter up later so hopefully she’ll cheer me up a bit. Have you got anything planned today? x

It’s the anxiety, still in my pj,s have a lovely time with your granddaughter x

2 Likes

Thank you, try & get out just for a walk it might help x