Grief is so exhausting

Morning Bestie, my mom died on 30th August, which was a Wed last year. The anniversary is next Friday.
Me and my daughter are going to paint some pottery in the morning and then I. The afternoon we are all going out for afternoon tea as my mom loved an afternoon tea.

I just can’t believe it has almost been a year without her :broken_heart::cry:

1 Like

Sounds a lovely remembrance for her. Crazy isn’t it a year, feels like yesterday to me, can’t even remember either what I’ve really done this last year :heart:

1 Like

I am feeling so exhausted and emotional. I just want to be at home and have a good cry. I am still staying with my dad while he recovers.

I just keep thinking about this bank holiday last year, my mom was here, telling us her funeral plans. Yet we still didn’t fully know what was wrong with her. There was still a bit of hope.

I feel utterly rubbish today.

1 Like

Just a message to say I’m thinking of you @Becca_d as i know this week is such a difficult one for you. Theres nothing i can say thats going to make it better. Just hang on in there :heart::people_hugging::heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Ally6 i really appreciate your message. It’s been a tough week, me and my dad had a cry tonight.

I cried on the phone to my husband. I just want to be at home with my family, but my dad needs me. I feel so torn and exhausted and just had enough of all the crap that keeps getting thrown at me.

1 Like

Thinking of you too, Becca. :heart: It’s good to hear, though, that your dad’s operation went well. :people_hugging:

1 Like

Thanks @Ulma

I am finding it really hard being my dad’s. I just want to be at home in my own environment.

Everyone keeps saying his op happened at a good time as I am off work. I don’t see it like that, I can’t do what I want to do, I am stuck at my dads. I want to be with my family before I go back to work next week. I am dreading going back to work.

Friday is looming and I just can’t get my head around it all, how has it been a year?

I know it must be hard being away from home and your family at this time, but you’re doing the right thing Becca taking care of your Dad - im sure he’s grateful. I dont know what sort of person he is, but with this first anniversary approaching, it may also be a great emotional support to him to have someone around the house even if he doesnt say it. :heart:

2 Likes

Sending hugs and strength for tomorrow Becca :heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Ally6, today feels very odd. I am at home which is nice and just chilling. We are all going out later for afternoon tea which will be nice.

It all just feels so unreal :broken_heart::cry:

Huge hugs for you today, Becca. :people_hugging::heart::heart:

1 Like

It’s been a strange surreal day. I just want to cry, me and my dad have had a few tears. But I want to just scream and cry.

I am still in shock really from it all. My mom was so beautiful inside and out. Just the best.

We all went out for afternoon tea at a posh hotel, my mom loved and afternoon tea. I have everyone a little gift to remember her by.

This morning me and my daughter went to the pottery painting cafe in our village to remember her in a piece of pottery.

This is what we painted. Mine is the mouse

2 Likes

This was our afternoon tea…this was mine & my husbands stand

2 Likes

I have come out for some time on my own. Sat in maccies having some breakfast. I feel so low and depressed. Starting the 2nd year without my mom today. I just miss her so much.

Back to work on Monday after the summer break & i don’t want to go. I just want to hide under my duvet.

I can imagine it must be really hard, after all the build up and anticipation of that first anniversary, then your brain says “what happens now?” and the realisation that the grief journey just carries on. Despite all the friends and family who assume once the first year is done, somehow everything gets easier. :roll_eyes: I saw a video yesterday where they defined the first 2 years as “early grief” which feels much more accurate to me. Hugs to you Becca :heart:

2 Likes

Year the early grief thing makes sense. I said to my husband today that i don’t want to process the fact that my mom died because then it is real. My bereavement counsellor said i am still in shock. Think he is right. I just can’t believe it and don’t want to believe it.

Being with my dad has made me feel sad, my mom should be here. I feel so sad that he is on his own. It just breaks my heart. I do the best I can for him.

I am in a bad place mentally at the moment, stuck anticipating my MIL dying and dealing with all this other stuff. I just don’t feel I can take much more.

My MIL died in the night. My husband has just been round to see me to tell me. I am still at my dad’s.

I feel numb, it feels surreal. It feels like Groundhog Day.

I go back to work tomorrow and someone else has died. Within 2 days of the anniversary of my mom’s death.

Im so sorry to hear that Becca :broken_heart:

1 Like

So very sorry to hear that. :broken_heart::heart: Sending hugs and strength to you and your family. :people_hugging: Could you take another week off from work, surely they would understand with what’s happened?

1 Like