Grief is so exhausting

I don’t think I can, I may be able to work from home. I don’t know. It’s the first week of term and I have lots of work to do.

I feel numb, exhausted and just meh.

1 Like

So sorry to hear Becca, you must be exhausted. Sending hugs and here for you anytime :heart:

1 Like

Thank you.

I am on my knees with exhaustion. Just one more night of staying at my dad’s then I can come home. I need to be in my bed.

:people_hugging: Maybe try to work from home then, if you don’t feel the distraction would help.

1 Like

I will see how it goes. I am so tired my eyes hurt. Don’t think I have processed it all

1 Like

Don’t put too much pressure on yourself, take a day at a time. Every day is different for me, going into the second year is hard too

1 Like

The 2nd year is hard, I just feel numb at the moment.

It just feel like history has repeated itself.

This time last year my mom had just died, we were sorting out all the funeral arrangements. Now we are doing the same again for my MIL

I passed an ambulance last week that triggered a moment when mom was taken in and visualising her in the house in pain. Just comes to you with no warning. Try and stay strong and keep talking :heart:

1 Like

It does, when I saw ambulances after mom died I kept thinking about her.

Sat at work listening to so much stuff. I just want to sleep.

Hugs to you

I feel so rubbish today. Just very with it all. Sat at work and no one cares.

No one comes to check I am ok. My husband and his sister have gone to the funeral directors today.this day last year is when we went to the funeral directors about my mom.

I just can’t get my head around it all :disappointed:

They have booked my MIL funeral. It will be on the exact same date of my moms funeral last year :sob::rage::cry:

Oh goodness thats going to be really tough. Did they not have any other options - was it something you had discussed beforehand?

I never thought it would be the same date. They couldn’t have it the week after because it is their uncles funeral, they weren’t close to him though and if it wasn’t that date it would go into October.

It had messed with my head today, i couldn’t do any work after I found out.

I am just so fed of it all.

My brain is weary: but today my dad will be at ours all day and my SIL is coming over to talk about funeral plans. I am done with it all. This time last year I was planning my mom’s funeral, I had a terrible night reliving mom’s funeral and that it hadn’t happened yet. My head is screwed.

Hugs to you Becca, it must be so tough for all of you :people_hugging: How is your husband coping ? :heart:

1 Like

My husband is fine, he just takes it all in his stride. I think I am just weighed down by the constant stress and anxiety. I am just so tired.

Get plenty of rest and take each day as it comes, sending hugs

1 Like

I wish I could be at home. All I keep thinking about is my mom and the events of last year.

1 Like

How are you and the family doing @Becca_d ? Ive been thinking of you :heart:

1 Like