Grief is so exhausting

Has anybody had or receiving grief counselling through sue ryder? Its only early days for me so im not able to, but just wondered.

1 Like

Its also too early for me but I’d also be interested x

Hiya @Burgled
I’ve been thinking along those lines myself, it can only do us good to get back to some kind of routine/normality, I’m not there yet but hopefully the fact I’m thinking about it must be a positive.
Take care :heart:

Morning all , how are we today ?
I’ve just had bad moments. it’s the realisation that all the little things you do together here won’t ever be shared again no matter what , even the most trivial things
I firmly believe we will meet our loved ones in heaven but it won’t be as we know life now obviously
And it’s those moments that have gone forever that really hurt :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I am feeling rubbish. I am just so mentally exhausted with grief. I have to get the house tidy, as usual no one helps.

I just feel lost and empty without my mom :broken_heart::cry:

1 Like

Tired. Sad. Regretful.

2 Likes

Was awake at 4 back to sleep at 6 and woke at 8.30 I’m tired but think I’m ok I don’t have time to think of a weekend as I’m really busy so my mind is occupied it’s the weekdays that really get to me x

I find weekends the hardest. Too much time to think. All I ever do on a weekend is clean and cook. Pretty much no nice self care stuff.

1 Like

This is what grief is:
A hole ripped through the very fabric of your being.
The hole eventually heals along the jagged edges that remain. It may even shrink in size.
But that hole will always be there.
A piece of you always missing.
For where there is deep grief, there was great love.
Don’t be ashamed of your grief.
Don’t judge it.
Don’t suppress it.
Don’t rush it.
Rather, acknowledge it.
Lean into it.
Listen to it.
Feel it.
Sit with it.
Sit with the pain. And remember the love.
This is where the healing will begin.

2 Likes

There’s nothing I could add to that, as my mam and I always say It is what ot is :broken_heart:
Thank you :people_hugging: xx

1 Like

For a few days I’ve been stuck in “what’s the point” and still am. I try as best I can, but what’s the point? Plus, I’m tired.

2 Likes

I know that feeling I’m half in and half out of it if that makes sense, hopefully we all will at some time we’ll all "see the point "
Big hug :people_hugging: xx

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. Hugs you back. :heart:

1 Like

I get that. My dad feels like that too and it breaks my heart.

I feel like that at times too. I hate that the world keeps turning & people can’t see the pain I am in.

2 Likes

I am lay in bed shattered, feel sick. In my head I can see us in the hospital room where my mom died. Just thinking it’s just the 3 of us now. I remember being alone with her after she had gone and just sobbing uncontrollable and telling her off for leaving me. Why did she have to go, I need her. I am sobbing now, I just can’t accept that she had gone :broken_heart::cry:

2 Likes

Hope you’ve been able to fall asleep now. Flashbacks to the hospital hurt so much and I’ve been angry with dad for leaving me too. It’s difficult to accept that they did. :pensive: :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Nope. Wide awake, this usually means I forgot my medication last night. But I know I took it. I have such a busy day ahead as it’s my husbands birthday and I can’t sleep :cry::broken_heart:

3 Likes

So exhausted this morning couldn’t get to sleep last night at all my mind was empty as well, just couldn’t drop off felt nothing finally dropped off about 6 this morning so 2 1/2 hours sleep good job have nothing I need to do today, something has definitely shifted again in my mind since last week I’ve just felt so calm, maybe it’s the medication starting to work I’ve definitely been on that rollercoaster since mum passed I’ve been in the darkness and I’ve been on the edge of that cliff wanting to jump off I’ve been in that really long tunnel with no light at the end and now I’m on that long road to finding a way to live my life the way my mum would want me to, I’ll never get over losing my mum but I think I’m finally sorting things out in my head, I just need to get through all the first anniversaries, I think they will be the hardest of all or maybe I’m just being too optimistic about feeling ok and next week will hit me like a tonne of bricks I just don’t know, all i know is right now I’m calm and im hoping it stays that way for the rest of the day, are you doing anything for your husbands birthday today, maybe go for dinner just spend sometime together,I hope everyone can find that inner calmness today and take time for yourselves x

1 Like

I remember that calm feeling, it was at the beginning of Jan for me and it felt so strange. This calm just came over me. Grief definitely shifts.

Just go with what feels right.

I am cooking a roast dinner, my dad is coming over and my son’s girlfriend is here. Then probably going to church.

I feel so sick today, I don’t know why I didn’t sleep. I don’t want to go to work tomorrow as u am just so exhausted. I have nothing in my right now.

I feel so sad

2 Likes

It does feel weird that’s what I told my counsellor as I couldn’t understand why I was feeling that way it just doesn’t feel right I have no emotions right now maybe I’m getting given a break for a bit before next week going to try visit the cemetery this week depending on the weather to tidy up a bit before I take some flowers etc on Sunday hope your birthday meal goes well x

1 Like