Grief is so exhausting

Hi @Lisa_L51
I’m so sorry you’re in this situation but if I can suggest that you will get past this stage you’re in, you are obviously working hard to get your finances in order. I’ve just reduced my working hours when I go back in a week’s time but to be honest I can’t really afford to. The thing is I know I won’t feel my grief is so raw forever and I’ll be in a better place to sort my life out so I’m just doing what I can for now. Would you be able to manage with a reduced wage just until your back to full hours, if so maybe you could just accept that and at least you wouldn’t have to worry about it any more
Obviously I don’t know you’re situation but I hope you don’t mind me suggesting
Take care :heart:

1 Like

Yeah I’ll manage that’s not a problem it’s only another 2 weeks feeling a bit down today it’s my nephew’s 5th Anniversary tomorrow he was only 39 I’ll be glad when this month is over there has been too many triggers this month for me too cope with xx

1 Like

Yeah feeling down myself today, back to what’s the point mode, mam loved spring, it’s just not ever going to be the same without her, I’m missing her so much :people_hugging:

You lost your nephew when he was 39? Oh, that’s so sad. I’m so sorry to hear that. Might you get together as a family to reflect? :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Yeah a drug driver knocked him and his female friend head on 9ff their cycles killed her straight away and my nephew was in a coma for 3 weeks before he died, my sister works that day to keep herself busy xx

How awful! I’m so sorry. :heart:

1 Like

I’m all messed up today. :worried: I sent in the questions I didn’t feel the hospital answered in my first complaint. I’m not sure it’s a good thing, because it affects how I feel so much that I’m afraid it just makes everything worse, but saying I’m ok with their reply would probably only make me regret it later.

2 Likes

Yeah 5 years today since he passed x

1 Like

:people_hugging: and sympathies.

1 Like

Thanks yeah everything this month what with mothers day and my birthday my sister’s dog dying and her sons anniversary just not been a great month xx

1 Like

Oh no, not the dog too! Why do all bad things seem to happen at once? Of course it’s been a bad month. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

But what makes it worse was my nephew died 18th march and I bought the pup for her as a therapy dog to help her turns out the pup was born the day before my nephew died on Paddy’s day and he would of been 5 yesterday x

1 Like

Oh Lisa, that’s terrible. I’m so sorry to hear that. Cyclists are so vulnerable on the road. Cycling is one of my passions. Your poor sister and family. :yellow_heart:

I know what you mean - you wonder whether the bad feeling it gives you is worth it. So, well done for persevering. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

So I feel really rubbish mentally and struggling to function on a daily basis.

I have a dr appointment on the morning. Today at work we got the dreaded Ofsted call. They are in for the next 2 days and u have a meeting tomorrow. So stressed

2 Likes

Thank you. The bad feelings are likely only on my side too, as I don’t think they care, so it’s really a question of not being worth it or not. But I needed to do it to feel that I have said what I wanted to say. :heart:

2 Likes

:worried: Sometimes the world is just cruel. :heart:

1 Like

It truly is xx

1 Like

I hope the doctor has some suggestions that might help. Try not to stress too much about the meeting. :people_hugging:

1 Like

Hi Becca_d
Try not to worry too much about Ofsted. I was an Estyn inspector before I retired which is as you probably know the equivalent in Wales. It’s highly likely you will not be seen at all as not everyone is seen. Your Headteacher would have had an idea of who will be seen after receiving the Self Evaluation Report findings. Do you have any idea which areas of school life they are concentrating on ?
If you are seen explain you are grieving and they will be aware.
Just carry on as you normally do and that’s all they want to see.
Thinking of you
Deborah x