Grief is so exhausting

The ADHD wont help. Byt knowing you have it will start to make sense of things. Meds for that can help as well. Its a lot to cope with isnt it. Hang in there xx

How has everyone been over this Easter weekend?

We’ve spent time with family which has been nice. But my mind and body are just exhausted. My head is in a bad place.

I just want my mom, o need her. I miss her so much. My life is never going to be the same again :cry:

1 Like

I’ve had a nice day with my daughter but sat now sobbing, looking at photos and wishing mam was with me.
I’m heart broken and feel so sad
Im glad you posted @Becca_d
My family have moved on and left me behind, but that’s another story
Take care, hopefully a brighter day tomorrow
:sob::sob::broken_heart:

1 Like

I’ve had an awful Easter weekend. It’s been rough, with anxiety and lots of tears. :broken_heart:

Hugs all around. :people_hugging:

4 Likes

I am so sorry @Pixiecat i feel so heartbroken and sad. We have spent time with family which has been nice. But all I want is my mom. My head hurts so much with the mental pain of it all. Sending hugs :heart::heart::heart::cry::broken_heart:

1 Like

So sorry @ulma it’s hard when we have these holiday times and our loved ones should be here. Hugs to you all too xxx

2 Likes

Its been a tough one - going to my brothers for dinner easter sunday and looking over at the empty place where mum should have been just broke me :broken_heart: Came home and sobbed. Shut myself away from the world today :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

That is sad :cry:

My mum and I haven’t sat at the dining room table since. We eat on our laps.

I can’t say that I’ve had a terrible weekend, because I’ve done some nice things. But I really miss my beloved dad. Earlier, my best friend imitated him, when we were trying to think about what advice he would give me over something. She did a really good job, and sounded quite like him :heart:.

I was at my best friend’s hen do last weekend, and her friend sat down, asked me how I was, and proceeded to talk to me (or at me) about the new normal that I need to accept. My best friend and I were chuckling about it later, because it was a crazy thing for him to be offering me unsolicited, quite harsh-sounding advice.

But it would be foolish to imagine that my life could ever be the same again. It can’t. My dad is my idol, my best friend, my safe haven, and my protector. Now, that role falls to me. I have to look after my mum and brother. I have to make the decisions, fix the things. Luckily, my mum is savvy and is a good right-hand man. But, my innocent and care-free existence has gone. Life has changed. And it’s :poop: because I want my daddikins. :broken_heart:

3 Likes

I hate when people tell you about things youre just goong to have to accept (shes not coming back, youll have to sell the house eventually etc) im currently reading “its ok that youre not ok” by Megan Devine and she talks about the unspoken 2nd half of the sentence when friends/family give advice. For example “she had a good life…[so stop feeling so sad]” or " he wouldnt want to see you like this… [so stop feeling so sad]". Basically if you could add “so dont feel so sad” at the end of your advice, its not helpful advice because youre trying to ignore or fix their pain.

2 Likes

Hi @Ally6
I’ve seen that book on kindle, would you recommend it?
I’ve read Overcoming Grief by Sue Morris. It gives you some good tips.
At the end of the day, we just want to end the physical and emotional pain of grief and I feel reading self help books do help a little bit
Sending hugs :people_hugging: xx

Hopefully a better day tomorrow :heart:

Ive only just started the book so ill let you know once ive read some more! But i like her approach when ive listened to her on podcasts - grief cant be fixed it can only be carried.

2 Likes

Yes I think thats one of the first things we learn about grief when it hits us as hard as it does. It’s learning to live with it peacefully, I’ll look for the podcasts.
I still can’t understand how my family have moved on so quickly and I just feel left behind, but that’s another story.
Thanks for replying
Take care xx

It isn’t just that they keep it to themselves then? I’m sorry, I understand that you feel left behind. :heart:

1 Like

How do I live without you?
Oh my love I do not.

You are with me from the moment I open my eyes
until they close.
And even after that,
on the plane of dreams where mortals and souls meet, you are with me still.

“I’ve not learned to live without you,
perhaps I never will,
the truth of the matter is,
you are always with me still.”

You walked such a blazing pathway, when your feet were on this earth, that your imprint lingers on and I place my own feet in your steps, one by one.

How do I live without you?
It’s really very simple.
I do not.

“I have yet to live without you,
perhaps I never will,
perhaps the key to grief is,
you are always with me still.”

Donna Ashworth
From ‘Wild Hope’ 🩶
https://amzn.eu/d/eDGFsCs

2 Likes

I have this on audio book. The author narrates it herself and certainly does it justice :gift_heart:

1 Like

“You walked such a blazing pathway” really does describe my dad. So heavily involved in the community, and justice, for as long as I have known. He was on church committees and school governors from before I was born. My dad, my hero :heart:.

1 Like

It’s no wonder you miss him so much :people_hugging:

1 Like

Thank you @Pixiecat

He’s just the best:

Intelligent
Resourceful
Responsible
Dependable
Gentle
Silly
Benevolent

:blue_heart:

1 Like

I am struggling so much. All I want to do is sleep. As every day passes my grief feels worse :broken_heart::cry:

I am going to a bereavement group tonight. I feel a bit nervous about it. But we’ll see how it is. My GP thinks I need specific
Bereavement counselling. I guess I have so much going on in my head and my life. I end up talking to my counsellor about other stuff, mainly work. Maybe it’s because I am avoiding it.

2 Likes