Grief is so exhausting

I am feeling so scared. My dad looks so sad and he is struggling, he feels really old. He is struggling to walk as he is in pain with his knees. He is having some injections this week to hopefully helps.

I get so scared that he’ll just give up as he thinks he is a burden. I am scared of losing him. I can’t cope with all this stress

2 Likes

Can you rally the family around him? Make sure that people visit regularly, and help him? :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Has your dad had any counselling Becca x

1 Like

No @Lisa_L51 d he won’t either. I have asked him. So it’s pretty much just me keeping an eye on him and talking about it all.

@Burgled his neighbours are good and he goes there for a cuppa.

We don’t have much family. Close by is just me, my husband and my kids. My brother lives 45 mins away. He does phone him everyday.

I go when I can after work and on the weekend. He goes to a church group on a Thursday.

My heart just breaks when I see my dad, I see the sadness in him and it’s hard as I am broken too. I just want to shut myself away from the world and be quiet. But I can’t. It’s taken me 7 months to realise I am not really facing up to my grief and ‘owning it’.

1 Like

This week has been really heavy with grief having the bereavement group, my normal counselling and dealing with putting a timeline other of what happened and getting in touch with a solicitor. It had really taken it out of me.

2 Likes

Thats a lot to deal with all in one day/week x

1 Like

I’ve had the worst day yet, I went to a show with my daughter’s last night and really enjoyed it.
Today I woke up crying, ate breakfast, slept, woke up at 5pm, had some soup, slept till 8pm. Just took my dog out and now feel slightly better but still exhausted.
I feel like I’m feeling guilty for going out and enjoying myself
Feels like back to square one again, it’s so painful :broken_heart:
Hopefully it’ll be a better day tomorrow, still early days for me unfortunately :cry:

2 Likes

My sisters birthday is in June; lost my mum in January this year. My sister has mental health issues and is an alcoholic and it is going to be really tough for her as mum was her carer until she got too old to help. I don’t know how she is going to be on her birthday :flushed::cry:

2 Likes

Just take it one day at a time: I get that about enjoying yourself and feeling guilty. Are you having any counselling? Rest and be kind to yourself tomorrow x

Hiya @Becca_d
I’ve had some counselling that was provided by work, right at the beginning but I always had it in the back of my head that it was just to get me back to work.
I’m on a list at a local charity counselling service which I’ve had an assessment for. I thought I was doing quite well, I was still crying every day but I felt a little bit in control.
I’m so glad I have slept all day, I think it was my body telling me it was ok, if that makes any sense
Thanks for replying, it means a lot when my family seemed to have moved on. I’ll take your advice and rest tomorrow, Thank you again xx
I hope you’re doing well on your journey :heart:

1 Like

That sounds like a tough situation. Does your sister have a carer since your mum stopped being able to care for her?

I am sat at work and just started to cry. I don’t know why. Maybe just the realisation that my mom is never coming back :broken_heart::cry:

Oh my heart truly goes out to you, I did that when I was at work before Easter, I’m still off as i work term time.
I can’t offer much advice but just know your not on your own and take a day at a time :people_hugging:

1 Like

I only work term time as I work in a school. We have just had 2 weeks off, first day back. Got so much planning to do. We had Ofsted in the last week of term so feel like j lost a week of work.

I am also stressed over an event I have planned next week. Planning it on my own and it isn’t going to plan! I get zero support. I asked for help before Easter.

Spoke to a solicitor today about everything that went on with my mom. This was right in the middle of my working day. It’s so hard to keep going over stuff. There is part of me that just wants to shut it all out. But I can’t, I need justice for my mom. I need to get some closure. Someone needs to be accountable for what happened.

I am so tired and emotional.

1 Like

Hi if you asked for help with your planning and know one has come forward, at least you have tried.
It sounds like you’re not getting enough support at work, is there anyone you could talk to about it?
I hope everything works out with you at work and the solicitor.
Try to rest, I know that’s easier said than done, sending hugs :people_hugging: xx

1 Like

Someone is finally helping me get it sorted.
My head is just in a really bad place at the moment and I can’t talk to anyone at work as I worry a lot that they will think I am not capable.

Grief is really consuming me right now. I miss my mom so much, it really hurts :broken_heart::cry:

I know where you’re coming from I’m really fragile today, lots of tears
Im missing my mam so much today, it doesn’t seem to be getting any easier :sleepy:
Glad you’ve got some help at work now xx

1 Like

It feels like each day makes me feel further away from my mom. I just can’t make sense of it all.