Had a good day? Share that news, give us all a bit of hope.

I lost my husband 8 months ago and it has taken an emotional toll on me. However, he and I used to play bowls and on Thursday last week I went to the green with my daughter in law and introduced her to the game of bowls on what would have been Phil’s 78th birthday. We had a great evening of fun and laughter with the other club members and I know that Phil was watching down and smiling, glad I finally persuaded her to get on the green with me! When we got home we had a home cooked meal and a bottle of bubbly to celebrate his birthday and my ability to still laugh through my sadness.

5 Likes

Well done you x

Hi everyone, just a quick post to say that I am now home from my cruise. And it was fabulous! I did things I never thought I could and challenged myself to talk to people and join in when I never would have before. I kept my engagement ring on my wedding finger and only shared what happened with a select few so maybe I chickened out a little bit but, all in all, I did Alan (and myself) proud! And, I’ve already booked another one!! Take care x

9 Likes

Well done. I would love a cruise.

Fantastic. Do you feel better now you’ve taken that 1st step of going it alone. So glad you had a good time

1 Like

You didn’t chicken out at all , well done for doing it at all , so very brave . My wife was always the one who would talk to anyone ( and I mean anyone lol ) I just went along for the ride and enjoyed every minute of it , so if I can ever do what you have done and meet new people on a cruise etc , I know she would be very proud of me .

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed yourself xx

Had a nice morning, went quad biking, bit scared to start with but loved it x

4 Likes

Oh cool! Well done. What was the terrain like? Bumpy and lumpy?

2 Likes

@Victoria22 Brilliant, just brilliant! I thought I was doing well walking up some hills, going to have to up my game. Such an inspiration, thank you so much x

1 Like

It was bumpy, lots of bends and up & down hills. It was a bit muddy so lucky they loaned us overalls to wear :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, I have a paddle board lesson tomorrow, I think it includes use of a wetsuit as it will be cold x

2 Likes

All sounds a bit to active for me. I will stick to my hula hoop classes.

1 Like

This is the view from bedroom window every morning

6 Likes

What a wonderful view! I hope you enjoy it every day.

Hugs x

2 Likes

This holiday is just what was needed. I wasn’t sure about it :thinking: but glad i did it. Looking forward to receiving the next one. New people. New laughs. Hubby’s ashes scattered. Went well

4 Likes

Mags66
You are an inspiration to so many of us and trying new things. Your husband would be proud of you

4 Likes

Thank you. You know I have a friend of 25 years. We can say anything to each other. She said to me one day, you’re disrespecting Kieron. You and him had a good life together. You never argued. You were always laughing. Carry on living your life like that. She was right. I feel so much better. When I laugh, he is there next to me. Give things ago. Don’t give up. You’re not disregarding your departed one. You are becoming a stronger version of yourself, so you can survive with them in your heart, just not by your side

5 Likes

Thats so true. It was my Jim’s wish, when we knew he didn’t have long. He wanted me to build myself a life without him. I’m trying hard to do that, and he’s always with me because i’m wearing his St Christopher! Well done to you. If you can go on holiday so can I
Here I come Wales at the end of June. xx

4 Likes

Where are you going next? I am off to Bavaria on Monday 1st holiday alone. I did York in January for 2 nights to see how i felt and managed.

4 Likes