Here it is - the humour thread!

Hi everyone. Thought I should start this thread as I commented on another. Just because we’re grieving doesn’t mean we can’t have a sense of humour. Me and my husband used to laugh together all the time, even during times of intimacy :flushed::joy:. David had the most infectious laugh - very loud and completely over the top. Happy days :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

To much information Kate :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I knew you wouldn’t be far away Mrs Colt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you know me so well. I love what you said though as Colin and I were the same we found humour in everything. It just shows how close you were to eachother. It’s just sad thinking we will never have that again :cry:
Good start to the humour thread :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi there
Yes let’s have a few smiles between the tears, we deserve it.
Pat xxx

7 Likes

Oh YES!!! Thanks Kate. Wonderful!!! Now we can be as humorous as we want without upsetting anyone. Well done. John.

4 Likes

Thank you, Kate, this is such a good idea. x

3 Likes

Glad you all approve. :blush:

5 Likes

Well done Kate we do need to smile and laugh on this journey. Our loved ones would want us too. xx Carol xxx

5 Likes

I remember in the first couple of weeks, I spontaneously laughed out loud at something. It surprised me so much. I remember thinking “That is me. I’m still in here somewhere”. I try to laugh at something every day and to smile as much as I can. My QiGong exercises tell me to smile while I’m exercising - reaffirms to the brain that I’m enjoying myself.
We were talking on here about all the “positive” things we should do. I laughed and still do, at one story. She hadn’t been sleeping well or much, and was so tired. She thought she would try yoga. When the instructor said relax- she did and fell asleep in yoga class.
My sense of humour is still with me, subdued and a bit shy at times - but I love it when I can make someone laugh…

7 Likes

I remember when mattress toppers were becoming the in thing and I bought a big fluffy feather & down one so that night as I sunk into it I said to Colin ‘Ooh this feels like lying on top of a big squishy marshmallow’ He said ‘Well I know how that feels already as I have been doing it for years’ :rofl:

6 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I just new what the punchline was going to be :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Heather_Diane, I was looking at a photo of my husband a couple of weeks ago. In it he was really laughing. As I looked at it, I burst out laughing too. I was remembering when that photo had been taken it was so so funny. I’m laughing now just thinking about it. I think being able to laugh is all part of our grief journey. The sad thing is that we can never have those moments again so through photos we have to try and relive the moments. Much love :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Not that I am overweight or anything Kate :pig::rofl:

3 Likes

Hi there, I found QiGong on the internet and have incorporated it into my exercises. Pleased you have told me that we have to smile while exercising. I am also trying to find something to smile about, or at least make me feel good each day. Today I joined a work party at a local church where I am clearing the overgrown gardens. I enjoyed myself and came home feeling content. When I was introduced to other workers a man said to me “I know you, your the wife of the singer Brian, we used to go and see the band every week.” This time I didn’t feel like crying, instead I felt proud.
Pleased to say that I have also found that my sense of humour is slowly returning. I can still have a good cry but in between the tears come the smiles.
Pat xxx

5 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

This is a lovely post! And it’s made me smile!

3 Likes

What a good idea this thread is. Mrs Colt told me about it. I miss having a good belly laugh. There’s nothing wrong in a bit of humour. Mrs C often makes me laugh :joy: you need laughter to get you through sometimes xx

3 Likes