Here it is - the humour thread!

Love it :rofl::rofl:

So funny :joy::joy:

This is an unusual post on here but I hope it helps just one person.
This is from another Sue Ryder site and I do really hope it brightens your day, it did for me😊

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patty Whack.

“Miss Whack, I’d like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday.”

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it’s okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, “Sure. I have this,” and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she’ll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, “There’s a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral.” She holds up the tiny pink elephant. “I mean, what in the world is this?”

(You’re gonna love this.)

The bank manager looks back at her and says, “It’s a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man’s a Rolling Stone.”

(You sang it, didn’t you? Yeah, I know you did.)

Never take life too seriously.

★♫.•Pass it on!! Give someone else a reason to smile. ♫★

9 Likes

You got me Susie. You made me smile :grinning: xx

That’s why I posted it. Take care and has they say have a good day.
S

1 Like

:smiley:thanks susie x

Boy complaints to his Dad ’ You told me to put a potato down my swimming trunks to impress the girls at the pool’ Dad says ‘And did it work’ boy answers ’ No, you forgot to tell me I had to put it down the front’ :rofl:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: very funny x

I am always slow when it comes to jokes (although I have been known to come out with some crackers)
Thank you both for making me laugh…and I’ll be sure to pass it on, edited of course.
Take care everybody :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for making me laugh :joy:
S

2 Likes

Oh My goodness. Now for the first time for ages I managed a laugh. Who on earth thought that one up. Pure genius. Thank you Susie you have made my day. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Jonathan, please it’s you who have made my day because you found you could laugh. They say it’s an tonic and it is. We get so low sometimes in our grieving that we forget that our loved ones would be upset because we can’t find nice things in the world that we are left in. Their departure shouldn’t mean that we can’t laugh or find some happiness in our lives but I also know just how hard it is to find anything that remotely gives us pleasure. So today, pat yourself on your back and say “yes” I can do this, I have today and will continue to do so, we have no alternative but if we find some pleasure then it’s easier.
Please take care of yourself and remember this site is always there for us and there’s no social distances get here.
Blessings S

4 Likes

All I am going to say is don’t wear a mask with a full face of makeup :joy:

5 Likes

im going to the bank with a mask on to make a massive withdrawal .
please if on the news you hear that a masked man was last seen leaving a bank wearing a mask it wasnt me. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

I will look out for you on the 6 o’clock news :rofl:

4 Likes

Should’ve used it to cover your bald head :joy: wouldn’t of got makeup on it then :wink: x

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: shurrrrup you :rofl:

1 Like

i couldnt get a mask,so had to give it a miss. :rofl:
oh and stupid me took the wrong end of my sawn off shot gun. :rofl:

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Bought these for my tea but they don’t look very appetising :rofl:

4 Likes