Here it is - the humour thread!

You take my breath away Mrs Colt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Hi there everyone
Been trying to find this thread as soon as I saw it referenced in another post. Ok I saw pattidot and someone else wrote about trying to smile to someone everyday and you know I was doing that too and sometimes it can work wonders.
But I want to reccommend some tv shows I like to immerse myself in when things get a bit much. Look for Bob Mortimer on Would I lie to you, you just get so drawn in that you forget other things and find yourself smiling then you think gosh I forgot I could do that. WILTY is good for that. Also Kevin Bridges when he talks about hiring a horse while on holiday. WILTY is one of the best comedy shows on tv. It lets me escape for a little while. I also find Still Game (Scottish Comedy ) good for a laugh or two.
I once heard a character in a TV show who was grieving say that “There is room for joy even in our darkest days” Those aren’t the exact phrasing but I like to hold onto that thought and try even in my darkest moments to keep an open mind for joy. Some days as you know is harder than others. Take care all.
Meebee

4 Likes

YUK!!! :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I have only just found this when I was scrolling through old posts. It made me laugh out loud and I think that is the first time I have laughed since my adored husband died. Thank you x

3 Likes

This is actually my first post after reading everyone’s posts for almost a year. I’m absolutely howling at this… Thank you :rofl::rofl::heart:

1 Like

Hello dear Tracy. I won’t say welcome because I would much rather you didn’t need to be here. I hope you have managed to find some comfort from reading everybody’s posts. I’m so glad you found this funny. I’ve just reread it and I’m laughing too. :joy: Thank you for bringing it to the fore again. Much love xx

1 Like

Hello Crazy Kate, Mrs Colt et al, I’ve just found this thread too and have laughed so loudly I frightened my cat! Thank you and love and laughs to all xx

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
It raised a laugh from me too, an unfortunate choice of word.
x x x x x

1 Like

Laughter is the best medicine…xx

2 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

Laughing out loud Mrs Colt. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I am too, Kate, thank you, V. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

I had to pick the clean ones Kate :wink: x

2 Likes

Mary I had to censor my collection :rofl: x

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love the gin!! Mrs Colt, why??? !! xxx

Grand idea, Crazy_Kate. I joined this site a short while ago, feeling low, needing advice. Thinking I did anyway. Who knows what I was thinking. Strange thing is, I’ve picked up all sorts of hints and advice not in the least bit connected to what I started looking for. This place has : given me permission to take my time, don’t run, it’s not a race. It gave me permission to loaf about if exhausted ( not the best solution, actually - can get addicted to that ), even go to bed in the afternoon -( Shock horror). It said it’s OK if I eat rubbish for a bit too. ( Even Marmite ).It’s encouraged my to actually get my a**e in gear this weekend, and so the kitchen is tidy again…and now it’s telling me - thanks to you - it’s OK to laugh as well. Sure I need a lie down, but I need a laugh too…not quite the eye watering unable to breathe stuff of the old days, but it’s a start.

5 Likes

Hi Crazy Kate. Your throw of the dart for your holiday choice made me laugh for the first time in 14 weeks since I lost my lovely husband. Thank you for that.

5 Likes

You’re very welcome Jean. I’m glad you could laugh. xx