How do I face the future without my beloved husband

PS chance not change!
Xx

I was just trying to book an appointment to make a will. Itā€™s something Iā€™ve put off doing for ages, but today was the day. The lady I spoke to was very nice but made me laugh when she said ā€œIā€™m sorry we havenā€™t got any appointments for 2 weeks, can you wait that long?ā€ I did say I wasnā€™t planning on going anywhere just yet.
I feel Iā€™ve actually done something positive today x

2 Likes

Yes. Having a specifically task to deal with helps. Iā€™ve just done both LPA s too

2 Likes

Im so sorry and i hope you are coping.
Im just starting the journey after losing my Husband 10 days ago. It seems such a small number of days but it feels like over a year since i saw him. I just cant take it in. Im grateful if i sleep but then i wake up and the nightmare is real xx

3 Likes

Hi Jane D
Yes our thoughts exactly
Time moves on ā€¦ā€¦ours doesnā€™t it canā€™t we here are all totally heartbroken to say the least
Take care
Xx

2 Likes

Hi Jane I wish I could say it gets easier ,but to me itā€™s as if time has stood still or the record has stuck in the groove,my husband passed away almost a year ago after a marriage of almost. 54 years and knowing for 55,all,of our friends always said I was lucky to have the most perfect marriage of anyone they had known,maybe because we had no children,I have a marvelous family who care for me but some friends think I should be shaking myself up and moving on obviously they are the ones who had never lost a close loved I know I will never get used to having lost him but I realise life has to go on but in our own time,I understand how we all feel but I suppose we all have our different ways of coping,

4 Likes

I totally agree with you Meg7. We all have to cope in our own way. Life does have to go on but itā€™s very hard. Some days are better than others. Having been married to someone for all those years you canā€™t suddenly get over loosing them. We just have to cope as best as we can.
Stay strong x

2 Likes

I lost my husband on Friday, nothing feels real. Canā€™t believe 47 years have just gone x

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. Iā€™m sure you are feeling numb and nothing will seem real. 47 years is a long time to be together.
I hope you have got family and friends around to support you, but this group will be there to support you.
Keep strong x

2 Likes

So so sorry to hear about your husband.
It is a long time together and I do understand as its only 4 wks for me after losing my husband of 38 yrs.

All of a sudden you are on your own and the loneliness and despair is overwhelming.
But we are all here for you and hope you find some help and some relief from the grief , so please be part of this caring community and tell us how you feel as often as you need.

3 Likes

Welcome Kate
Alone daze hurting aching disbeliefā€¦ā€¦ the list goes on and on
Lost my Paul 24th July this year ā€¦been married 44 years known him 49 ā€¦ my life ended
Post on here ā€¦
We listen
We feel the same
We are angryā€¦ā€¦.
We understand
Sending big welcome hug
Take care
Xx

3 Likes

My husband died after 10 weeks in 2 hospitals And a month in a care home. He had been suffering from cancer and COPD for 2 years but we had managed the situation well and life seemed normal till last May when he became very confused and agitated. He was taken into hospital on 23 May and diagnosed with a urine infection. He was put on antibiotics and I was told it had cleared but his confusion remained and got worse and worse over those 10 weeks and when he died he didnā€™t really know what was happening or who we were. It was so terrible as we had been married for 63 years and shared everything. I loved him so much and I never thought the end would be like this .I donā€™t know how to live without him.

3 Likes

Hi
This is so sad to read.
My Husband died unexpectedly aged 55 2 1/2 weeks ago. I had no chance to talk to him. I now feel distraught.
Im trying to arrange the funeral and everyine is fighting about money. He didnā€™t make a will. He was just about to.
Ive been very angry and numb. Now i feel sad and shaky. I wish i had of known and could talk to him about important stuff.
I dont think anyone in the family understands. They have lost a Dad but i feel losing a partner is so much more. He was my soulmate. He looked after me and supported me in every way.
I just feel alone now.
I hope you get some peace. It sounds like you had many happy years. I strongly feel that its better to be grateful for what you had rather than angry for what youve lost.
Take care
Jane

3 Likes

So sorry to hear your sad story. I hope things settle down for you after the funeral, there is so much to do and think about at this time .Try and be strong and get through the next few weeks my thoughts are with you xx

1 Like

Hi Unforgettable and Jane
I am so sad to hear of the lose of both you husbands,Itā€™s strange how we try to cope,we all act differently,my anger carried me through the first months after my husband death at the way he was treated in the hospital where he died,whenI realised I was not going to get nowhere with my complaints,my grief kicked in and I was utterly bereft and still am it will a year in three weeks,I do realise that I will have to take everything at my own pace sometimes others try to move you on but until you have lost your life partner it is difficult really what I am saying is go at your on speed you can never get over a lifetime in a short while if ever, do not think you are ever alone all of us are feeling for you

2 Likes

Yes you are right. And it changes daily how you feel about things.
Its just 1 day at a time for now. Some are really bad some are more bearable. Sleep is a blessing.
I wish i had known what little time we had. I wish i had appreciated the life we had more.
From what i read on here it doesnā€™t get any better just more manageable. I dont think you can fast forward the different stages. More you have to let them wash over you.
Life is grey now.
Has anyone met someone else in time and found happiness again?
Thank you for your reply x

1 Like

Hi Jane
Iā€™m with you ā€¦ wish we had spoken moreā€¦ trouble is when you are diagnosed it is raw for both
Wish Iā€™d appreciated him more
Wish wish wish
Everything goes round and round and round then turns around and goes the other way
Iā€™m struggling big time and you are so right a lifetime of living with your soulmate cannot just ā€˜got overā€™
Our loved ones spent a lifetime protecting us and now weā€™ve all got nobody we are so so hurting vulnerable and weak
No right answers how we should feel no book written
All I know is the pain bloody hurts and no one unless theyā€™ve experienced this pain knows what we all are going through
Hugs to everyone
Xx

5 Likes

Hi JaneD & Bess1, been following your chat & feel so sad that every time we chat with someone lovely on here it means another person is suffering grief & pain like ourself.
It is 2 years at the end of this month that I lost my beloved husband & I am still massively struggling.

He died unexpectedly &suddenly but had been struggling with health issues for a while & reading your list of wishes hit a chord. How I wish I had been kinder & more understanding, wish weā€™d talked more, wish Iā€™d told him more how much I truly loved him still after 48 years.etc etc Wish we could have one more hug.
Now it is just loneliness & vulnerability.

All hopes have changed from hope we grow old together, hope he gets better, hope we can continue to do so much together. Now each day is hope I can get through another day, hope he is at peace, hope he is pain free, hope he is truly watching from somewhere, & knows how much I love & miss him, hope we can be together again one day.
Sending love to all & hope that our pain will lessen.X

7 Likes

I really do feel for you all
I have been finalising the arrangements for the funeral next Thursdayā€¦
It is so difficult and not looking forward to it at all.
Everyone has so much pain and sharing this with you all, people who truly understand does help.
Life is so cruel. I thought too, we would have lots more time together and lots more holidays which we loved.
Taken so suddenly and now I feel very lonely every day
When does life become bearable.
I do hope you all find some peace and I know it must get easier with time.
Love to you all xx

2 Likes

Hi all
Your words are so right and on the nailā€¦ā€¦.
Butā€¦ā€¦. Individually we are living it alone
Here does massively helpā€¦ā€¦ but I feel alone vulnerable weak in a shellā€¦ā€¦.
And Christmas!
I personally want to hibernate my life has ended my Paul my friend my husband my best friend my everything has gone our hopes our dreams our plans the lot gone
How does anyone cope ā€¦ā€¦ cos Iā€™m so not
Paul once said itā€™s worse for the folk that are left ā€¦ā€¦ was he telling me he knew it would be hard for me
Wish wish wish
Together with what ifs
Big hugs to everyone
Xx

6 Likes