How much more heart pain can a human take

I know even little things I having to depend on my son or brothers when things need doing Mick always done the DIY jobs I needed an alien key to turn my granddaughters cot into a bed I had a melt down trying to do it Mick would have done it in minutes

I was very close to my dearly loved younger brother ( 8 years younger). He rang me to say “goodbye”, it was heartbreaking. I thought he had rung to tell me he was feeling better and he would be going home. He told me that he loved me and I could only repeat that I loved him and I told him to go to his rest. We were so close, 6 months later my dearest friend of 72 years had a stroke, she died, worse was to come, in less than 3 years, my Stan passed away after 59 years of marriage. The last words he said to me was, he loved me loads, I told him that I love him loads, which I do. The next thing I knew, I found him on our bedroom floor, dead, I knew he wasn’t well but I never expected him to die. I know we were lucky to have all those years together, sometimes I believe that the longer we are together the harder it is to part. Then I read your experiences, too young to be separated. I thank God that I do believe that one day, when the time is right, we shall be together again. I love and miss him, so much, x

3 Likes

Evening to you all on this thread how are we all tonight still struggling but have to Carry on .
It is so tough but let’s hope we may find it easier never forget how can we but , we may learn to get through easier, that’s my hope for us all.
love xx

1 Like

I wait for the easier days. Felt dreadful today. Missing my Allison so much. Hopefully getting cat this week to ease the lonleyness I’m suffering. Just can’t handle it. As usual not looking forward to go to bed.

So sorry to hear you are so low today,nice to get a cat 'won’t take her place but at least you have something to focus on and Care for who will rely on you for feeding and you will be needs.
I had a day like that yesterday at my Sons we have a right to have these days grieving has no time limit for anybody ,I know we will have these days and we will get through we have to.Just must think our other halfs would not like to know we are so sad.
What are you going to call your cat?
Catch you again if you want to chat I will always answer when I know.you have replyd.Take Care.

My wife’s name is Allison spelt with 2 lls so I’m calling it Alliy. Can’t replace my Allison but can give me something positive

1 Like

1 Like

Ally cat - sounds good to me Jay. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That’s my girl 2 years ago

Lovely picture x

She looks lovely, your Ally, she’ll be so proud of you for managing to keep carrying on, it’s the hardest thing you’ll ever have to do. I’m sure our loved ones are around, somewhere, they will always be with us. Hope you get some peace tonight x

She was mine and I was hers. We were the greatest partnership and I have no bad memories in 23 years. That’s what makes it so hard.

Have you had a cat before? We always did and our last one died about 2 years ago and we were heartbroken. Not long before he died, when he was fit and well, Malcolm said when are we getting another one.We decided to wait til we’d been on holiday in July as it wouldn’t! be fair to leave it so soon.Uou never know what’s round the corne do you, always think you’ve got all the time in the world.If only we knew! Are you looking for a rescue cat, we’ve always had those and they’ve all been lovely. Will do you good, a living breathing little buddy to look after.x

That is a nice name, hope you do find some comfort and it helps you really do, and try and have a decent night.
Be Safe

I’ve not had a cat for a long time but owning one won’t be a problem. It is one that would have gone to a rescue centre as its owner can’t look after it anymore. It’s been well looked after all up to date with vaccinations and spayed. Need the company to give me a reason to get up in morning. When I found out about it today it gave me a little joy that I’ve not experienced since march.

1 Like

Hi so glad your getting your cat love the name and a beautiful photo of your wife. I have a husky so no staying in bed for me in the mornings

Thank you for being so kind

My Allison was the most selfless, caring, generous, lovely person anyone could meet. She was also a brilliant nurse but she always under estimated herself and felt she was not good enough. I hope she can see what I’m like without her. I always told her she never knew how much I love her.

I’m sure Allison would be watching over you I truly believe our loved ones do some may not think that. Mick every day would say love you I would reply ditto. I’m sure your cat will keep you going.

Thank you for your lovely message. My mum died in September. To even type that is a step further than I thought possible therefore I suppose I’m not a recently bereaved person. All I know is, is that when mum died I felt as though the lights went out on my life. X