How Often Do Most people Visit The Grave

My darlign friend died 115 months ago and I had him buried not too far from me and I go about every two weeks. To me its a personal thing and I dont consider every two weeks over the top but not according to some people round here who seem to think Im living my life around a grave. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I go at least once a week (usually Sunday afternoon) plus any day I’m working from home. So perhaps an average of 1.5 times a week. It’s a short walk from home. Seems disrespectful not too. I usually run though what our 5 (mostly grown up) kids are up to and an update on her parents.

I know someone whose wife died 6 years ago and he visits her grave every day for a couple of hours. It’s your choice what you want to do and has got nothing to do with anyone else take no notice everyone is different in how they deal with things. Take care

Hi. I lost my son in August. I visit most days as i found it a comfort to.me. i live 5 mins away

I see my husband every day the week I got his urn at home on the fire surround on our electric heater ( with a faked fire) bought April 2015 , his photo in front his urn with a white angel but brown broken wings, a gold and silver heart and red roses of three, my two robbins who my husband bought for me because he loves me.I do dust my husbands urn when it’s a bit dusty.When I got my husband’s ashes home first ‘ I could smell him .I wear my husband around my neck and ring finger ashes into glass,

My wife of 28 years died at 54 1st Sept 2016 . I have a real candle permanently lit on her grave. I have to cover it up every night to keep the cemetery manager happy and then uncover it every morning. Seeing the real living flames gives me comfort. I go up 2 to 3 times a day and have met a few other men that attend every day. One of them lost his wife 8 years ago.

It’s hard when we spent all our time together except for the 8 hours a day when at work.

It’s been 15 months and I’m still dead inside with life having now meaning any more. I’m just wasting time hoping that my time comes sooner rather than later.

I know it’s wrong to think like this .

I hope and wishes go out to you all and hope you manage to cope and remember the good times that you had with the loves of your lives

Sorry about being so depressing