I just cant believe he's gone

Hi kel 2 i am in very similsr position as you regarding complaints too. I emailed my MP too and yeh it is a quicker process. We also are having an investigation too ! Its terrible that we have to do all this in this day and age ! You cant believe it can you but i been told that a lot of prople are complainibg so we are not alone at least ! And so we damn well should ! These were our precious husbands/ partners who we loved to death. Am glad people power is getting through ! Thats some reassurance at least !!!
We paid our stamp for this shambles !! ( national insurance )

3 Likes

Thankyou do much for your kindness xx

Ahhh bless youā€¦its such a horrible thing to have to experienceā€¦im glad i came actoos this site its been comforting :pray:t2: knowing there are ladies feeling the same pain and Iā€™m not aloneā€¦God bless all of you and impraying we all get thru this xx

3 Likes

Hi Deb 5,
I agree, it is terrible that we are having to do this, it is bad enough losing our husbandā€™s/partners without the added stress knowing the healthcare failed them.
Complaints and investigations need to be made, itā€™s the only way for them to face to the lack of care and mistakes they make in the hope they improve their attitude and actually provide the care that is their job. Would be interesting if it was their family member.
If itā€™s an inconvenience to do their job appropriately then they should reconsider their positions rather than disregard the patient and their families.
More so itā€™s awful how they treat the immediate family at their most vulnerable and weakest moment.

1 Like

Yeh and they dont tell you anything either until its too late ! We are the families and we have every right to know what is going on !! The communicatiin is terrible ! You have to complain just to get any answers !
Its an outdated NHS which so badly needs updating and modernising !!! And they need to treat families with the respect they deserve !!! X

1 Like

Hi
I feel the same
My beautiful husband was 66 when he passed away from covid. He was a fit man and the virus did that to him before we had vaccines.
It is traumatic and like you we were looking forward to our retirement and then this happened.
It is unbearable and yet we do show have to bear it.
I wish it had been me not him. I pray every day that I wonā€™t wake up again.it is nearly two years and I still wake up with dread. Life is so cruel. We did not deserve this. Glad we all have others to vent to. Xx

1 Like

You know when you say you wished it was you not him, I thought that, then thought, no, I would have hated for him to be going threw this unbearable pain.

2 Likes

Sulane - you are right, me too exactly what I thought. 21 weeks later and still the pain is so raw and I have no reason for living and just want to be with him. Its so hard.

2 Likes

I agree. I wouldnā€™t want him to go through what Iā€™m going through right now.
I do wish however that I couldā€™ve gone with him

2 Likes

Me too, for sure. X

2 Likes

I know you just dont wanna wake up do you ! I cant even sleep half the time ! Im constantly thinking of him ā€¦ i wish my brain would switch off so i donā€™t have to think about it anymore !!! Does the pain ever go ? Guess its not as hard as first few weeks but still its very hard having a life without that man in your life to love and cherish u ! Dont get it really why we have to go through all this ? Especially in this day and age where nobody cares about anybody ! Makes it so much harder to bear !!! Being in a world of me, me, me !!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t sure which post to ask this on ā€¦ Friend related, or more so his ā€œso calledā€ friends. Iā€™m really p****d!! ā€¦ wondering if Iā€™m wrong in my thoughts?
There are 2 ā€œso calledā€ best friends. One (I met a clue times - looks like Penfold from Danger Mouse)
This ā€˜Penfoldā€™ apparently part of the SAS, been involved in some high end missions - BUT: 1) never came to our wedding (that doesnā€™t bother me.)
2 & Most important DIDNā€™T COME TO.HIS FUNERAL??? excuse before service by weeks ā€œreally want to be there, I donā€™t driveā€
Not heard F-All since! - so an apparent ā€œbest friendā€ who was in the armed services, more so ā€œSASā€ canā€™t travel a few miles to his ā€œbest Friendsā€ funeral?? - heard F-All since he canā€™t drive!!

The worst - best man at wedding!! (Not a fan of mine from beginning ā€¦ hubby thought the ground this guy walked on was gold - to give you a visual image: have you seen the ā€˜bugā€™ dig that looks like heā€™s wearing skinny jeans? - thatā€™s him - a knob)
back story -.he &.hubby had a packed of not dating eachothers exā€™
When this friend was going through a divorce (didnā€™t seem to affect him much) hubby was phoning daily & when he/ we could go. Saw him -( these are the odd days we were apart: friend over 180 miles away, if needed after hubby shift will go,)
When.hubby had initial depression issues - Friend: nothing? Hubby called, didnā€™t answer, I call when.hubby bad - if friend answered heā€™ll be okā€™?
We were in touch with hubbys first love - I liked her a lot,trust him & understand him keeping friendship. Because of distance & limited time meeting - they by all acounts got together a while back & found out just over a year of hubby passing, when hubby was on the worst depression heā€™s had - friend knew this, excuse: ā€œyou can date my ex-wife?ā€
WTF?!
I did try to rationalise thatbshe is an ex (hubby never dissed us, he & rightly some was, 1) best friends donā€™t do that 2) more so the first lovevwhich had been brought up numerous times - the fruend never hunted nor apologised.
Hubbybdud actually in the deep depression try to take his life - friend: nothing.
Hubby came out if the depression around the December before passing, tried numerous tes to
ā€˜apologiseā€™ for his actions to ā€œfriendā€ - nothing (friend never acknowledged his errors)
As hubby became ill last year - I did via FB messenger notify both the so called friend & ex of hubbys illness etc - nothing!
The day I was told he wouldnā€™t see ā€œChristmasā€ I phi ed the ā€˜exā€™ via FB as friend blocked me. Said, he wonā€™t see Christmas, he had tied to
Apologise (at that point I didnā€™t say both were wrong) but even though not talking I thought ā€˜friendā€™ should know if he wants to see hubby to tryaje amends before he passed.
Nothing. Hubby passed 2 days later - I posted on FB
The ā€œfriendā€ messaged: sorry about your loss, Iā€™ll remember our good times. He was like a brother to me"
WTF?
I politely, If he was ā€˜lime a brotherā€™ to you, you would have made contact with him, that he was welcome to pay his respects at the service -.gave full details - Nothing!!!

Am I wrong to be angry at these people?!

1 Like

You are not wrong to be angry at those who let you down and grief will drive this anger. Anger is negative though. I prefer to just delete these so called friends from my life from now on and think of them no more and channel my emotions into love for my lost partner of 50 years and those who now need me and do have time for me. Why waste time and energy on the others? Theyā€™re not worth it.

5 Likes

we probably all can relate to similar scenarios with so called friends (and family too for that matter), ā€œif you need anything just call meā€, etc etc. Waste of time but I quite enjoy pressing the block button or unfollow button and just close these people out of my life. Their loss is what I say, not mine. Concentrate on the good people around you. I know its annoying and I have felt anger and above all, just disappointment and how my husband would have felt knowing these so called friends are not actually here for me now. However, Mike75 is right, dont waste any more energy on them,
xx

4 Likes

Thank you, and you are rightā€¦ For me itā€™s weird because i dont expect anything less from my ā€˜friendā€™ fold- I know and always have known Iā€™m the go to/will always be there friend (still am & will be)ā€¦ without expecting the same in return.
Hubby ā€¦ He has always been there their for his friends, finished a 12 hour shift& straight travelled 3hrs to check on themā€¦ them - no ā€˜video callā€™ nothing? So called SAS idiot? - that annoys me!! - he thought they were friends?
I hurt more for him & his so called friends ?
On the opposite aspect - he had people travel miles to his service that he hasnā€™t seen in years but he had an impact on, people overseas checking on me, still now the overseas check on me, so called ā€˜best friendsā€™ - nothing!
I will keep them on ā€˜FBā€™ until our anniversary (April) just so they can see my tribute to him - then theyā€™re gone. Nothing to me.
Itā€™s him Iā€™m suffering for - me, couldnā€™t care - I know on my own, donā€™t have a friend to loom at the way he did these two.
Thatā€™s what hurts x

2 Likes

You are right.
Is it wrong that those I can rely on are here?
I have here and my ducks - they have been amazing. Had cuddles this morning, will be bringing them in soon for more

I canā€™t t
hank everyone here enough for your support cx

3 Likes

So do I. Take care & take one day at a time xxx

Iā€™m nearly 6 months in and just hit a brick wall, very hard, you feel you may just be making a tiny bit of head way but oh no your back at the beginning. Itā€™s never ending, I was just talking to someone & she said at least 2-3 years! Someone else told me (both these people are 9 years on from the love of their lives dying) that as time goes on you may go a day, a week, a month, 6 months but it still hits you. I hate that feeling even though you know they are not here, when you get that pain and realisation that you will never ever see/hear/feel them again. Why is your brain so cruel? Itā€™s like it thinks letā€™s just hurt her more as if youā€™re not hurting enough. Take care xxx

7 Likes

Yeh the pain is truly crippling isnt it ? Guess we just have to keep being kind to ourselves and do lots and lots of self care doing what we love and helps us relax ā€¦ like baths or showers or listening to music ā€¦ x

2 Likes

Hi @Sulane. I know exactly what you mean. I had one of those realisations this evening. It is literally like being kicked in the stomach. Iā€™m so sorry for you loss and I just wish I could wave a magic wand and give everyone on here some peace xx.

2 Likes