I lost my son 5 weeks ago

That’s not nice , I’m at the stage where I don’t like being around people . It’s my grandsons bday party today and I feel unable to go just can’t handle it . I need to go at my own pace and take small steps . Xx

Yes only do what you can take care

I went to a Pilates class with my cousin today and also had a sauna . Had to force myself to go but it was nice took me out of pain for a couple of hours .

Small steps

Ypsounds good

Well done. Its so hard to do things . Just do what you feel when you wNt to stay in bed do. Grief is like a rollercoaster. Up and down .this life is so cruel .i hate night times .me and sam was always in front room mucking about laughing .i just want him back .he would be 26 saturday .so bloody wrong . Take care sending big hugs xx

Morning Zoe , I actually hate the days always seem a bit better at night . Don’t know why but this has been the case for me . It’s like I wake up and it hits me I’m in trauma as soon as I open my eyes . I feel my body is like a box and I’m putting all my emotions in boxes . I honestly feel I have been robbed and really don’t know what I’m going to do . I’m dreading Sunday as it his birthday . X

Im dreading saturday sams birthday what do we do this wicked world theres no words xx

Thinking of you Zoe and your lovely Sam every time I hear “I am giant”, have you Decided what you are going to do Saturday? It will be so hard for all of you . Sending love jss xx

Yes it’s very hard to think their not going to be here for their birthdays !! I have had yet another awful day the pain is unbearable . Just trying to keep strong for my other children . But to be honest I just want to lock myself away from this awful world . X

Hi jss .we going to let balloons go and we going to buy a cake for the grandchildren theres not a day goes by they dont mention him. It all is such a mess eh just want him here xx

1 Like

I feel your pain , nothing can compare you for the loss of your child . It’s brutal and very cruel . I don’t know nothing no more people say time which I know is the case but as time goes on in my own personal experience it just gets bloody harder .

Teddy hope your ok .such early days for you. I think it gets harder the reality there not coming back .i try think of happy times .but the four months we new about sam was painful and so sad .he was so brave never moaned . He would be sad that im sad .have to try best we can big hugs zoe xx .

I feel I can’t even think about my son as it’s to painful . I really don’t know what I’m going to do . I really just want to be with him but then I think about my other children . When did you feel able to think about the good times ? How many grandchildren do you have ? X

The good times wont come . I want them to. I have a daughter shes 29 she has three children 3.5 .9 they miss him terrible sam was a homebird never went out just spent time with his sister and the kids he was there superhero .they miss him terrible.the pain will subside .its just a shit pain in your heart .im sorry i cant say it gets better you just learn for the grief to be there beside you . Its just sad xxxx

Hi Zoe and Teddy. I just read your posts and I cried - pain in every word.

I know how you feel I have five grandsons they also miss Daniel . So sad that young children have to experience grief . My son also has a little boy who is three, he has autism every time I look at him breaks my heart . He comes to me every second weekend . Xx just the thought off him growing up without his dad saddens me so much

Thank you Jenna xx

I’m having a really bad day and chatting to you two ladies is nice . Xx

That is good to hear . I’m glad that u have been able to go out and do some healthy nice things. I understand that adrela in type anxiety you experience.I used to wake up in a panic thinking I had to be somewhere or I was late for something important. Not nice. I think that may calm down in a while well I hope it does. I feel a bit better in the mornings the last couple of weeks. Daniel birthday coming up too so understandable. A birthday is 13 March so they share a birthday. We are going to cook his favourite meal light some candles by his picture and just one flower in a glass.Then just keep the candles lit till the days e nd . Hope u are okay. Jx