I lost my son 5 weeks ago

I Tthink men manage things a bit different. My son has been very quiet about loosing his brothers . He saw them everyday . He just plods on and when I ask him he just says that he misses them and it hurts in his gut and I do worry about him . I did find out that he had visited a family friend where he drank two cans of beer and cried for hours all through the night and I think that was because he doesn’t usually drink alcohol . Do u think that men feel funny about crying and feel more of a loss of control Hope no one takes offence here. I think the crying is good Teddy…

1 Like

Hi ladys so sorry its the hardest thing ever . Im very sad also . I cant say it gets easier this last 10 months like a rollercoaster .on this site theres topic lost son at 27 .theres ladys that have been on at all different times .they give me hope .that at times it gets a little easier . Big hugs to you xxx

2 Likes

Thank you Zoex

Hiya tbh I can’t really comment on the man thing , I am and have always been a single parent . My kids dad wasn’t much good . So really it’s just been me and my four children . Im a bit pissed off with people telling me I need to go out . I just love being at home .

1 Like

This experience is horrendous and I’m doing the best I can .

Sorry I can go on a bit I have only been out for funerals etc home is my safe place and yes show we cope is how we cope.x

Hi ladys everyone different .grief is awful and everyone different. Just go with how you feel. Cry when you want . Stay in bed if you want to theres no rules . Just go eith whatever its so raw . Be gentle on yourselfs ladys xx big hugs zoe xx

Thank you wise woman feel a bit better now xxz

1 Like

My lovely sam when he was well xx

Oh - beautiful boy with such a kind face xxx

Such a handsome boy.He must make you so proud.Just remember him like that.Keep looking at that gorgeous face.Thats what I do with my daughters photo I have a proper conversation about my day I just think she’s still with me.

Sam last birthday xx

Lovely family - Sam has a great loving mum xxx

Lovely photos xxx

Hi kath i just read your posts im so sorry for your losses . Big hugs x

1 Like

Hi all Feel very low today My sons friends came round and they’d processed lots of pictures of the boys I’ve never seen before . It was lovely to see them and the pictures are great . It just made me realise the rough road ahead . My Gp said that I need to process the grief for each individual son but I find it hard to do. I do not really know whether it has sunk in even - two sons in less than 5 months. Two big presences gone just like that .I miss the love they showed me and just about everything about them. I Miss miss and .miss and miss them. Bad day hey! Xx

Hi Jenna , so sorry your having such a bad day .Think this is the thing with grief comes in waves and so unbearable. Think we all have to just take one day at a time. I do hope I’m not sounding condescending just don’t really know what to say but wanted to send you a acknowledgment. Xxxx

Hi Jenna
I think you are amazing .Its bad enough coping with the loss of one child never mind two.From your previous posts you are doing just fine.Your sons friends just make you realise what you are missing. Take care of yourself.Tommorows another day.xx