I miss a kiss and saying good night

Hi @MemberD72 it’s so hard losing the one you love. It’s just over twelve months for me and I still struggle every day. Karen’s posts are so uplifting but I’m not at that point yet. I’m just so sad and I cry every day at some point. I have said in other threads I think it may be because I still don’t think I’ve really accepted/come to terms with it yet. Not sure I ever will. I’m waiting for counselling so may be that will help? Love to all.X

5 Likes

@Loobyloo2 its such a shock to be together one minute an the next your alone in the world. We had no warning he died from a cardiac arrest. I feel lost in my own house its not home anymore, its like even the house knows something is wrong and someone is missing. I cry every day, some days i think oh okay im doing okay today then bang it hits you like a train and im back there on that day in that moment.
Hopefully counselling will help you, they wont offer it me at the moment saying i need time to grieve but also suffer with my mental health so they want to get on top of that first.
Sending you and everyone here hugs xxx

6 Likes

Yes I/we used to love our home but it is not a home any more it is just a house. No atmosphere now. An empty shell. I will move eventually but have to make it the right move for me. I will be sad to move because I hoped we would end OUR days here many years down the road. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t be as sad if this had happened further along life’s journey but may be more accepting if we had been further into old age. Who knows?x

6 Likes

@Loobyloo2 yes I totally agree with you there, i know we are all going to go some day, but never in a million years did i expect this now! I plan on moving like yourself im waiting for the right time as once ive gone from here i cant come back! We had so many plans, got a little van for a micro camper for trips away, now i dont know if i can go alone. Xx

1 Like

How life changes in an instant. We have our plans set out in front of us and then they’re cruelly snatched away. The life we once loved I now hate. I’m sorry to be so negative but it’s just how I feel. Nothing can replace what we had and for me anyway, it is just a matter of counting down time now. I honestly wish I could be more upbeat but I can see no improvement since the day my husband died. I miss him more and more each day.x

4 Likes

@Loobyloo2 no need to apologise for being negative i 100% get it, thats exactly how i feel myself. People tell me i need to be more positive, i know they mean well but its easy to give advice when your not going through it yourself!
Our worlds have stopped turning and i feel no purpose anymore, theres nothing to get excited about or plan. And i feel its getting harder not any easier at all xx

2 Likes

@MemberD72 I know exactly what you mean.X

2 Likes

@MemberD72 , this is not a fun experience, even if we know it will happen. I’m sitting on the floor of the house, trying to figure out what i will take with me as i have to move out, lost the love of my life, losing my HOME, scared to death of the unknow or where i’m gonna go, it really sucks! Just can t wait to see a light at the end of that horrible tunnel.

4 Likes

Its been a long day just a hug and a kiss night god bless xxx

@Maryse oh lord i feel for you so much, im sorry your going through all this,. Life seems to shit on us from a great height at times and then just incase thats not enough it dumps more shit on us. Im looking for that light myself xx

1 Like

@Loobyloo2
Don’t forget that for me it is easier in that I still have my daughter living at home. It means the house still feels like home, although with a hugely important occupant missing. It also means I have such a strong reason to keep going as she needs me so much.
I do think having a purpose to life and feeling worthwhile is a crucial aspect of coping. I have that need to keep the farmland, help my daughter become as independent as possible, look after the house and garden and see my other daughter marry and hopefully have family. A lot of positives to help me form a new life without my darling Richard so as I said, I consider myself lucky in that. I do wish he was here to enjoy all those things too and for all the support and love we gave each other so life certainly feels a lot more empty but I will not let grief take the rest of my life too, it isn’t going to win.

Love to all.
Karen xxx

4 Likes

Night god bless mom xxx

Night god bless love you mom xxx

Finding the runup to mothers day hard night god bless mom xxx

As a mother, we do all we can to protect our children, we would do anything to keep them safe. But we can never teach our children how hard it is to say goodbye how can you explain the pain that will try to consume you and you will need to embrace it and make it your friend? I miss you so much. Night god bless I love you so much xxx

Night god bless love you mom xxx

I feel exactly the same. My husband passed 2 1/2 weeks ago. I cry myself to sleep in every night. I pray to God for comfort from this loneliness and pain. I guess it’s just going to take time but in the meantime my heart is breaking. God bless you and I pray we both find some peace.

4 Likes

@DMsad I sometimes think the tears we shed on this site could fill an ocean. Thinking of you. Love and hugs xx

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss, but words doesn’t means anything anymore. For me it has been 4 months, and still cry myself to sleep once in a while, but i can say it is not as bad as the first 2 months. Still have the broken feeling, we just get up and do whatever we need to do automatically, honestly i don’t think i have other kind of feeling anymore other than sad and scared. The best thing i had so far is finding this website, not a website to cheer you up, but it’s fill of people who UNDERSTAND what we are going thru and writing down my feeling has been good for me.

2 Likes

I miss a kiss goodnight from my Mum too, and often say goodnight to her and another late loved one I miss.

2 Likes