Is there an afterlife? Signs

I really hope he does for you :pray::heart: xx

1 Like

:rofl: Iā€™ve screamed at my partner and ā€œGodā€ too :rofl:
I donā€™t really believe but just incase. I tell you what the rant I had at ā€œGodā€ one day shortly after he passed if he had been real I think he would have struck me down there and then. I found a video of Steven Fry calling God a maniac and I added a few things of my own to that too :rofl:

2 Likes

I really hope they do too but like Janey said itā€™s all personal. I could come back tomorrow and tell you he appeared to me in my bedroom tonight or that I felt him kiss my cheek but I wouldnā€™t expect you to believe me when you havenā€™t had anything yourself.
I do hope one day we both believe. His mam still hasnā€™t had a sign from his dad after fivd years though so I wonā€™t hold my breath :confused:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve started watching them celebrity mediums you said about. I got freaked out when he said not everyone goes to the other side. If youā€™ve been evil or bad, then I started worrying if Iā€™ve ever done bad stuff :see_no_evil::rofl: as he says them souls stay around isolated old ruins etc away from people.

Iā€™m hoping he meant the likes of Fred West etc. But itā€™s making me want to be extra good, just in case :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:What medium said that? Iā€™ve only really been watching Tyler Henry and Matt Fraser, are there more?
I honestly wonder if the only reason someone came up with God, religion and the afterlife was to make everyone want to be a better person and afraid of doing bad things. Iā€™ve often thought that. I bet it has kept a few people in check over the years :rofl:

I do wonder though if bad people are only bad people because of some kind of brain chemical imbalance etc.
Also some psychic predictions apparently come true so is life predetermined? If life was actually predetermined then are bad people really bad people or are they just doing exactly what they were always meant to do? My heads a little bit scrambled incase you hadnā€™t noticed :rofl::rofl:

Also how do they make the souls stay around isolated ruins etc? Are they on tag or what? :rofl:

:rofl: Yes it does sound mad. Iā€™m not sure you can really make a spirit stay in one place tbh.

Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™d imagine spirits to be tbh. If I had to guess Iā€™d say like we are in life but invisible and can float or walk or if they show themselves then the same as we are in life but see through :rofl:

When youā€™ve seen spirits what did they look like to you?

@LostLil
Long Island Medium on discovery (if you get it), sheā€™s good

Oh Iā€™m not sure if I have discovery but Iā€™ll have a look later. Iā€™ll check out her Facebook page too, Matt Fraser posts a lot of his readings on his Facebook page anyway.

I really wish their waiting lists werenā€™t so long or Iā€™d definitely get a private reading with either Tyler Henry or Matt Fraser. Iā€™ve added myself to Matts waiting list alert thing but itā€™s five years long so itā€™s not going to be any time soon :rofl:

Matt Frasier - I watch his videos on YouTube. He said truly evil people donā€™t want to be around anyone so they get trapped between worlds. Freaked me right out.

Who deems what to be too bad, too evil? As you say what about if youā€™re mentally sick? He does say whatever issues you have in life whether that be ill health, addictions all go in the afterlife. So if youā€™re mentally sick and kill someone, do you still cross over? Do you get trapped?

At least if you believe in god, you have a chance of redemption. God I sound like Iā€™ve murdered someone. :rofl: it all makes me anxious the unknown.

Plus he said our loved ones see us sh*t, shower and shave, his exact words. He said but itā€™s boring to spirits so they donā€™t really want to see that nasty stuff. That still freaked me out too. Need to stop watching him I think :rofl:

Ah I follow him on Facebook and have watched all his Facebook videos but havenā€™t looked on his YouTube channel yet. Iā€™ll take a look. Yes I saw that they watch us no matter what we are doing, like do we get no privacy at all? :rofl:
Obviously Iā€™m not convinced of it all anyway but Iā€™d like to think we would get some bloody privacy!

Iā€™ve just looked at the Long Island medium that @Ali29 mentioned, she has nearly two and a half million followers on Facebook. Thatā€™s impressive! Iā€™m off to watch all her videos now :rofl:

Iā€™ve just looked at a few of her Facebook videos but I just canā€™t take to her. In a few of her videos she asks ā€œWho is the young male that departed, the young male means anyone who left this world before we feel it was their timeā€
Ah I struggle with that because that could mean any male of any relation who died before their 80s really. Matt Fraser and Tyler Henry are much more specific.

Perhaps her show on Discovery is better so Iā€™ll definitely have a look for that. Iā€™m assuming that to have as many people following her Facebook page as she has she must get more specific sometimes :rofl:

@LostLil
Yes she does. She is good but we all like different things so she may not be your cup of tea.

Iā€™ve just looked at the discovery channel but canā€™t find her show on it. Do you know what days and time itā€™s on or has the series finished for now?

@LostLil
Oh it came up earlier, did you do a search?

People the world over worship something like 3000 gods, what makes us think ā€˜oursā€™ is the true one?
Whatever one believes, if it gives you comfort, then surely there can be no harm in it?
I imagine religion came about as an attempt by our primitive ancestors to understand life and the world in which they lived.
It seems to me that over the centuries, formal religion, leastways the worldā€™s major religions have turned into a means of controlling their adherents and converting more to their ideology.
You donā€™t need religion to be a good person, most communities practise a very similar ā€˜10 Commandmentsā€™, or at least six of them, without any formal demand to do so.
Basically, treat others, as youā€™d wish to be treated by them; surely no god is going to punish you for that?

2 Likes

No, I donā€™t know how. To tell you the truth Iā€™ve never really had control of the Sky remote before my OH passed, Iā€™d just watch whatever he put on :rofl:
Heā€™d always ask me if there was anything I wanted to watch but there wasnā€™t a lot I liked anyway.

I went to the Discovery channel 125 and just looked at what was on for the next few days but couldnā€™t find The Long Island medium on there. Iā€™ll try Googling it now so I can record the series :slight_smile:

@LostLil
Thereā€™s quite a few on you tube

Is it on Catch up or on demand? :thinking:

I absolutely believe there has to be something after we die. If I stop believing Iā€™ll give up, because thinking Iā€™ll see my mum and dad again is the only way I can cope. My dad passed 13 yrs ago. For a week before he died ( he was perfectly healthy), he was seeing and talking to his mum. I knew he was going to die because of that. My mum passed in November last year. She was poorly for a while, terminal for about a month, during which I took care of her. She just slept, didnā€™t say she could see anyone and didnā€™t talk to anyone. Iā€™ve had no sign from her but Iā€™m praying for one. I saw a psychic years ago before dad died, and his accuracy was 100%. I sat with a stony face, no jewelry, just gave yes /no responses, because it all had to come from him and I needed to be sure I gave nothing away. He knew things that had happened in the family that I didnā€™t even know until I went home and asked. He was specific with names and details. It was eerie. Iā€™ve never found anyone like him and Iā€™m desperate to go again. ( I canā€™t find him). Iā€™ve tried others but wasnā€™t convinced. I NEED it to be true so I can keep believing. There are 2 things that could prove it without doubt but so far none of them have got it. The best popular psychic on TV is John Edward. ( I think). Heā€™s written books that are well worth the read. He has a show called ā€œcrossing overā€. :blush:

1 Like