Just an idea

Morning to you all,
Anybody in Essex near Wickford .
Desperate to chat to somebody near.

The thought of meeting up with people in our own town area is a brilliant idea but someone has to start the ball rolling, is anyone in the northwest willing to take on the the roll as the organiser for a meeting place.? I know no one could meet at the moment but it may help as a distraction from our greif. Please remember this though we are all very vulnerable at the moment so do keep this in mind.

Hi Samella.
I am in Brentwood, Essex so very close to Wickford. It would be good to meet with others for a chat when we able to.

I needed a chat this morning and called the Cruse Bereavement Helpline, I have to say I didnā€™t enjoy the experience and wonā€™t call them or again.

Marion

1 Like

Hi Samella and Mazza1
I live in chelmsford, Essex.
Iā€™m finding it hard to talk to anyone face to face at the moment, I spend most of my time reading on here.
Hopefully when we can meet up Iā€™ll be able to have the energy to meet up.
Amy x

1 Like

Iā€™m not experienced on this site yet, thereā€™s so many different posts but Iā€™m happy to start a new post with North West meet up - and we could see how many and which area is most central to all? As I am Blackpool I think I may be to far north to advise a meeting place but happy for thoughts/ideas probably Manchester area
Stay safe everyone Donna x

And so it begins
x x

Hi Amy49 and Samella
It sounds like weā€™re getting a little Essex group together. Hopefully when we are able to we can meet up and have a chat. You would both be welcome to come to my home if youā€™re not up to going out. Meanwhile, lets keep in touch on here. Thanks ladies
Marion (Mazza1)

1 Like

Hi Donna, Ron, Julia & everyone in the North West
I live near Manchester and would be interested in meeting up, no idea where though.
Christy

1 Like

I am from Preston, I drive so all we have to do is sort out a meeting spot, plenty of time as covid is still a big danger, Sundays is the best day for me as I still work, if there is anyone that does not drive do not be put off as I am sure something can be sorted out.

1 Like

Hi Chrissy I started a new conversation headed NW Meet up
Donna x

Iā€™m in Wigan and happy to help organise x

1 Like

I am in Leicestershire would love to meet up
Anytime near xx

1 Like

Hi everyone, just wanted to jump in here and give a friendly reminder about staying safe online. Iā€™ve noticed a few comments mentioning where you live and as a public forum, anyone could see this information and possibly identify you. To help you stay safe online it might be best to disclose these details privately to each other over PMs. This then gives you a bit more safety that your information about where you live is only being shared with the person you would like.

You may also like to have a quick read of our terms and conditions which also has a few tips about online safety such as this one below:

Think about your safety if you ever arrange to meet people you have met on any online community and if you are doing this, always tell someone else about your plans.

If you have any questions or feel unsure about anything, you can reach out to me via email at online.community@suerydercare.org.

2 Likes

Omg I hope I havenā€™t overstepped the mark coming up with this idea it was my intention to attempt to get like minded people together to offer support and never to endanger anyone take care stay safe Karen x

1 Like

No you have not over stepped the mark, the only thing that needs to be in everyoneā€™s mind is as I have said before we are all very vulnerable at the moment no personal information should be given out, meet in numbers, just be on your guard, the likely hood is we are all genuine but it only takes one. Keep safe and the meeting place has to be very public.

2 Likes

Thinking of walking my dog Sunday in Blackpool, iam thinking about dropping my 93 year old dad at little bispam and walking to cleavleys, my dad has a lady friend who he is missing badly who lives near by, I hate Sundays they now drag on forever. If you feel safe and OK I would arrange a time for a walk and talk. In the fresh air if anyone interested let me know. If you see a six foot two man walking a rotwiler itā€™s not me, five foot six and a lady pugā€¦ Hello

1 Like

Iā€™m in Leicestershire x

Hi Christy Iā€™m in Manchester and would love to meet up when restrictions are lifted perhaps end of April kathleen

Hi Kathleen
That sounds like a good idea, maybe we can keep in touch by private message to make arrangements nearer the time. I will try to send you a private message today, not sure how to do it, so not sure I will succeed. Take care.
Christy

Hello, I am recently bereved (3 weeks) and feel it would be good to meet up for walks and coffee.

I am living in Sydenham Hill, South East London. Anyone else, either near by or further afield who feels it would be mutually bebefitial do contact me.

Merrin x