Just an idea

Hi Julie. I live only 6 miles from Wigan in Leigh. If you would like to meet up after 12th April I would love to meet you and chat. I lost my Ron on 25th Sept 2018 so I have been on this journey for over 2 years. It helps so much to talk to someone going through the same thing. Please private message me if you want to meet. I can drive to Wigan town centre. I send you my thoughts and best wishes.

1 Like

I am near Wigan so Manchester or Wigan fine for me.

I will pm you tonight x

Kazzer, I live in East Yorkshire, about 80 miles away from you. I have an electrical car, I just need to find a Pod Point to charge it for the journey back, I think. Please DM me if you would like to meet up in a socially distanced fashionā€¦

Hi,

I have checked, the journey is do-able via the M18, it takes about 2 hours depending on traffic. Plenty of charging stations on the way.

hi Margarita, I donā€™t live in London but can easily get there, (I have a friend who lives near Vauxhall), when we are able I would be happy to meet up.

Hi everyone I lost my beautiful husband on the 30th October from heart failure I found him in the morning he was only 58. One month earlier I lost my lovely brother to Sepsis age 68 then in the December the father to my 2 daughters was found he had passed way from heart failure also. My daughters truly loved their stepfather so much he was the constant in their lives. Feel so lost just donā€™t know where I fit in at the moment my daughters are amazing and I have beautiful grandchildren but still feel alone. Would love to meet up with people who understand this grief we are suffering from when lockdown allows. I live in South London.

Anne-Marie

Hello Anne, so sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my partner, who was 57 - three weeks ago. I know what you mean about not fitting in. It feels like the person I was has gone, and I need to figure out who I am now. I have two children who have been amazingly supportive. I am also in South London. If you would like to take a walk do let me know.

Merrin

I would love that I am in the Sutton area. I am new to this group so not sure how it all works but if itā€™s possible that would be good.

Anne-Marie

Me too! I will find a way to send you a private message.

Thatā€™s great

Hi Julie. Thank you for your message stating you will pm me re a.meet up. Unfortunately I donā€™t appear to have received this. Can you please re send.or would you like me to pm you when lockdown end? Best wishes.

Sounds good, cant wait until we can come out of lockdown, then we can make a plan, regards

Hiya, im in SW London, when we are allowed letā€™s make a plan with a few others in London. Regards

1 Like

Thatā€™s sounds great

really looking forward to it!

Great idea. Getting out and about is what we all need right now. Walks in towns or the countryside is great for our mental health as well as our physical health and even better if it is walking with people who understand where we are coming from. I am a member of embark2 they offer a few organised walks around the country as well as not for profit holidays for widows/widowers.

Thankyou for the group meeting information, I am hoping something happens with this site (it would be nice to meet people who has shored me up through this nightmare but it is always a back up when I think I am at that stage, I know as yet I am not but I have always been open to anything that gets me through this pain.

1 Like

Hi Julia Iā€™m in Manchester near the airport it would be great to meet up Christy would also like that hope it happens may be late on on April or whatever suits take care

Me too everyone.I live near Wigan. Could travel by train to Manchester.x