Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

What a lovely idea. Yes please start a thread. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

That really is a great idea Amelie, make that a project for us all.
Peter

3 Likes

Yes that’s a great idea, x

2 Likes

What a lovely idea @amelie_sgran. It will bring us all closer on Christmas Eve when we all need that closeness to help us through the days ahead of us. :heart:

1 Like

Amelie, I think the thread it a wonderful idea and everyone can feel as if we are altogether when we light our candles in memory of our loved ones. Would people just like to put - in loveing memory of my husband / wife etc or actually put their name.? It sounds so special. Thank you for coming up with the idea.

3 Likes

I have it all set up xxxx. Two candies on my mantle and one in between the pics of my hubby who passed in June and his brother who passed 22nd December 17 :heart::broken_heart::heart::broken_heart:

4 Likes

Lovely idea. This will be my 2nd Christmas without my husband but in some ways I dread it more than last year. It would be so good to be closer to others and share our candles.

5 Likes

Brilliant idea 7 pm it is

3 Likes

I agree and will join in . . . . . Roll on January . My angel Gary loved Cheistmas and had the house ( in doors) beautiful. A Warm glow everywhere . It was a delight coming home from work and lighting up our living room and conservatory . Just thinking about it hurts my already broken heart . He will be telling me to get the trees up and make the place cosy as he is watching me not do it anywhere near as good as he does ! Lol. We are all suffering and this time of year , for me anyway , doesnt help . Lighting a candle together sounds a great thing to do xxxx
Kindest regards
Lesley

3 Likes

:heartbeat: 7 o’clock is great

1 Like

What a lovely idea, I will be doing this in memory of my husband Bob who passed in August. Feeling very lost and dreading Christmas.

3 Likes

Welcome Col2.
We all know how you feel. Hopefully, when we all light our candles, we will feel a bit less alone. Stay strong x

1 Like

Hello Co12. I am so very sorry that you have needed to join us all here but you are very welcome. My wife died of cancer the month before your Bob so we are at the same stage in this awful process. I weep for her constantly and will certainly be lighting a candle at 7 pm, thinking of her and all my dear friends on SR. On a slightly lighter note, having heard of my situation the local "Meals on Wheels"team rang yesterday to tell me that they will be delivering a meal for me one Christmas day. Such kindness. I have met many such gestures since my darling Gill died. I hope you are getting support as well.
With a big hug, Peter

6 Likes

Yes. That sounds a good idea. I wiil join in with that.

2 Likes

This is a beautiful idea. For me, this Christmas is one which I am not looking forward to. The thought of knowing that there will be other people lighting a candle for their loved one will give me some strength. Thank you all.

4 Likes

Aww what a lovely idea.i will join in and light a candle at 7pm for my dad with everyone else. knowing other people will be also lighting candles for there loved ones will give me strength as this will be the first Christmas without my dad but I know he’s at peace and watching over me.he will always be with me x

3 Likes

This is such an amazing idea, I’ll be lighting fir my Dad who we lost last July. Christmas Eve will also be my 2 year Strokeversary (anniversary of I had my stroke :cry:)
Much love to you all, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas xx

3 Likes

Yes that is fine by me. Thank you for suggesting we do this. I usually do it Christmas day for my mum and dad and my beloved husband

2 Likes

1st Christmas without my husband has been a living nightmare so lost and alone but reading posts of others in same position let’s me see I am not only one feeling this way and lighting candle at 7PM is a nice thing to do

4 Likes