Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

Dear Robbie. I am so very sorry that you have lost your dear husband. It is hell isn’t it? Cancer took my darling wife from me at the end of July and I still cry for her every day and can’t imagine a life without her. Christmas is an constant agony, all the cards from people who had not heard go Gill’s death just keep arriving.
I rather think that we will be able to sense the presence of all our friends here on SR at 7 pm, we must then send all our love to our missing loved ones and a little to each other as well.
Try to stay well Robbie, with a hug from Peter.

4 Likes

Peter Thank you for this it helps knowing others are going through exactly same pain Lorna

2 Likes

What a lovely idea. My hubby passed away 9 weeks ago. I have put it in my diary for a reminder.
I am dreading the Christmas Celebrations. I am devastated.

3 Likes

Hang in there Butterfly10. We all feel your pain as it is very early days.We would love you to join in with lighting your candle on Christmas Eve. Our loved ones will be missed but I’m sure they will know how much they were loved. As a group we will all be bonded together and send love to each other.

5 Likes

This is a lovely idea and I will definitely join in lighting a candle for my beloved husband

3 Likes

Yes 7pm would be fine with me

2 Likes

Yes a wonderful idea

2 Likes

That would be perfect for me. Such a good idea

3 Likes

I always light a candle for my husband every Christmas, birthdays and the day of his passing, which was the 13th of December 2017. I miss him dearly. So it is a brilliant idea. Merry Christmas to everyone and especially ones that have lost loved ones :broken_heart::heart:

5 Likes

Sounds a lovely idea. I will light one for my late husband. Will be lovely to think everyone else will be doing it too. Been a very long lonely year. x

3 Likes

This is such a lovely idea and me and my mum will be lighting our candles at 7pm as we lost both my dad and husband this year. I’m so pleased to have found this thread as my husband only passed a few weeks ago and it helps that you know others will be doing exactly the same thing at the same time you you don’t feel so alone . Thank you x

4 Likes

Such a lovely idea it has been 4 Christmas now and it doesn’t get any easier thankfully I have a good family. This year has been so hard. Love and hugs to all. Xxx

4 Likes

Hi.
Yes 7pm on Christmas eve sounds good to me too. I will be lighting a candle for my beloved mum and dad that I lost this year.
Kind regards.
Karen. X

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve been on the site and I will be lighting a candle for my lovely husband Keith, this will be my 3rd Christmas without him. What a lovely thing to do at 7pm, love and hugs to everyone :heart_eyes::candle:X

5 Likes

7 p.m. Christmas Eve i will light my candle for my darling Mum, Betty Larom, she left me on 4th December many years ago, I still have such grief and miss her oh so much. I will know I am not alone.

3 Likes

I love this idea, i will join everyone to light a special candle with a photo of my Dear Mum at that time. It’s my first Christmas without her and its going to be so hard to get through, but this idea brings everyone together. I also like the idea of a new thread mentioning our loved ones names. Thank you for this idea.

1 Like

7 is great

2 Likes

Yes 7pm is a good time x

3 Likes

I will light my candle at 7pm. Xx

3 Likes

I certainly will light my candle for my husband who died 20/08/19 and a lovely idea sending hope and comfort to everyone we will all be together knowing we are not alone :heart:

4 Likes