Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

I lost my husband 4 weeks ago and am devastated too so can imagine how you must be feeling. So sorry you are going through this and at such a difficult time. Knowing we are here for one another is a comfort so I will be thinking of you especially when we light our candles.

5 Likes

What a lovely idea, I will be lighting a candle for my husband at 7pm x

4 Likes

Hi Amelie
I think that is a lovely idea to light a candle on Christmas Eve. I lost my lovely Mum in May and miss her so much every day. Christmas will be very hard without her and I will definitely light a candle in her memory at 7. It will be good that we are all joined together at that time.
Love Helen xxx

4 Likes

What a lovely idea I bought a special memorial candle holder for my partner who died in August so my first Christmas with out him

5 Likes

A lovely idea. 7pm is a good time!

2 Likes

7 o’clock perfect ! x

2 Likes

Me too!! I’ll be there!

2 Likes

My husband also died in August, miss him all the while.

3 Likes

7pm is good for me, will light one for my lost partner this year - great idea

3 Likes

This is a lovely idea and I will be lighting my candle at 7.00pm in memory of my beautiful son Robbie who died on 25 October 2010 aged 25. I miss him so much but am eternally grateful I was allowed to have him even for a short time. I learned much more from him than he ever could have from me and I love and appreciate him more than ever. Much love care and compassion for everyone who has lost those they love with all their heart and are suffering especially at this time of year.

7 Likes

What a lovely idea, I will be joining in at 7pm Christmas Eve . Thank you :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you I will light 2 candles at 7 o’clock 1 for my Darling wife Tanya who lost her battle with Cancer in July.
& 1 for my Dad who passed away 12 hours later.

4 Likes

Geoffs - This Christmas must be especially hard after losing your wife and your Dad at the same time. We are all thinking of you so keep posting and you will get lots of support here. The Christmas candles will be to unite us all in our loss and renew our hope for the future.

6 Likes

Thank you we have a 14 year old Daughter who really misses Tanya my wife.
Tanya was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer that had spread to the bones & later the liver she was 51 so this will be the first Christmas without her & the closer it gets the harder it is getting as we both miss her so much.

7 Likes

Geoffs I am so sorry for you’re loss, try to take comfort in the fact that you and you’re daughter have each other to comfort in this very difficult time. I lost my husband 3 years ago now just before Christmas, but thankfully I have my daughter and friends to fall back on if I need them, I hope you and you’re daughter can get through Christmas as best as you can. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you both xxx

4 Likes

I think this is a lovely idea. My brother passed away on October 25th and I am really struggling to come to terms with it. He lived in Jersey and was due to move back to the UK on October 19th but was not well enough to travel. I hadn’t seen him since January 1st and was so looking forward to seeing more of him when he had moved to the UK. He was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer and died within 6 weeks so it’s been very difficult to accept, not helped by us being unable to attend his funeral. I still can’t believe he’s gone.

3 Likes

I’ll be lighting a candle for my wonderful mum who I lost in January this year and my lovely dad who died 15 years ago, both are so badly missed but we can all send a virtual hug to us all who have suffered loss as we light the candle at 7pm x

4 Likes

Love this idea. Knowing I am sharing my grief with everyone helps a little.

6 Likes

I will be lighting a candle for my son who I lost 7 weeks ago. He was my shining light and miss him so very much

7 Likes

Hello yes I will be lighting my candle at 7pm Christmas Eve. It’s a lovely idea.

4 Likes