Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

What a lovely idea I will be lighting my candle at 7 pm Marilyn

4 Likes

I will be lighting a candle for Rose at 7pm on Christmas Eve. I am sure my sister and daughter will too. Like many, we have cancelled our travel plans but we see this as being part, jyst for a moment to be part of something bigger. Thank you, whoever started it, for a lovely idea. Malcolm

3 Likes

I think this is a lovely idea and I will be lighting a candle at 7pm in memory of my Dad, David Burrows. And another for all the other families struggling this time of year without their loved ones. X

4 Likes

l will light a xzndle for my husband at 7. A great idea

1 Like

This is a lovely idea, thank you, I’d like to join in please. My heart is broken at the moment and I’m struggling with so much grief because I’ve lost three people this year. My uncle passed away from bowel cancer in March, my dad passed away in October and then on Sunday just gone my mum who wasn’t ill or anything suddenly passed away too, I’ve lost half of my family in the space of a few months so this will be another way of remembering them x

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss, so much to cope with and so close to Christmas. I’ve had 2 months since my brother passed and am still struggling to cope, but at least with being off work for a few days there’s time to stop, take stock and cry as much as I need to.

I hope you find your way through it and will take some comfort from lighting your candle tonight knowing you are amongst friends in spirit

1 Like

Hello everyone!
How special is it that so many of us will be lighting candles “together” this evening…I so hope that we each find comfort and peace in remembering and honouring our loved ones in this way and in connecting with each other across time and space.

For those who may want to write a tribute or tell us more about their candle, I am starting a new thread…My Christmas Eve Candle Tribute… on which we can post if we wish.

This will be a difficult Christmas for so many but the true Christmas message is one of love and hope and that is what each one of our flickering flames will represent this evening.

Take care x

4 Likes

Here’s a link to the new thread ‘My Christmas Eve Candle Tribute’, which @amelie_sgran has created.

Take care everyone,
Eleanor

Hello and welcome to the group. I hope you find some comfort here and that it makes you realise you are not alone, we’re all here for you.

1 Like

What a lovely idea I will light a candle for my son dean and my dad and also my fatherinlaw xxx

1 Like

Hello everyone. I don’t post very often but I read your words every day. Last year at this time I was living at the Sue Ryder hospice with my dearest Gerry who was desperately trying to hang on to life. This Christmas is the first without him just like many of you here and so I will be lighting a candle ( or two or three) tonight and Know that I am connected to a wonderful network of people who understand and feel the devastation of losing someone who was your world.
I just know that many years from now I will still be doing this every Christmas Eve, knowing that I’m not alone .
Gerry died on 1st January this year … xxx

10 Likes

4 Likes

S47. BEAUTIFUL. XX

1 Like

Such a lovely photo. I felt more together with you and everyone else when I saw it. Thank you. I lit my candle with some of my Mum’s things around it, her watch etc. I miss her with all my heart. In memory of Betty Larom, my darling Mum.

2 Likes

:heart::broken_heart::heart::broken_heart:

5 Likes

A beautiful tribute. Keep safe and stay strong.
Hugs AnnR xx

2 Likes

That is a beautiful tribute. Keep strong and stay safe,
Hugs. AnnR xx

I have also lit a candle for my luva duck ( Gary) . Like everyone else its beyond unbearable . My sister is holding me up and telling me to get through these next few days somehow! . My soulmate loved christmas , especially Christmas eve! It was so cosy because he .ade it that way . I know I speak for everyone who is in dire agony over their life partner not being around in person ( flesh and blood) but they are with us and watching everything we do . I love my angel more than life its self . Merry christmas to my world… . Best wishes to everyone of us . God bless

6 Likes

My candle lit for Rose.
Rest in peace my love❤️

4 Likes