Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

I miss you so much​:rose::heart:

3 Likes

Love my candles . I lit mine for my hubby who died sept 2019. I am
With daughter and family for Christmas but missing my soulmate as much as ever . Love to all who are bereaved at Christmas and always :heart:

5 Likes

I lit my candle for my darling husband Paul who I lost very suddenly on the 1st March 2020 with a massive bleed on his brain aged 73 we had been married for 51 years. Love and miss him so much, cry for him everyday, just want him back. Thinking about everyone on here who is missing a loved one this Christmas. Xx

6 Likes

Candle lit for my darling husband, friend, soulmate and rock who passed away July 2019. Miss him every single day.

Wishing all of you on here love and peace this Christmas x

5 Likes

For my Darling Bill, taken too soon. Gone but never forgotten and always loved :heart::heart:

10 Likes

I lit my candle for my lovely husband Mike who passed on 9 June 2020. He was, and still is my soulmate and the love of my life forever.

5 Likes

I lit my candle. Wouldn’t let me share a photo. Thoughts with you all. God bless and stay safe💙

3 Likes

Lighting a candle helped me last night to realise that we are all connected. Now, alone on Christmas Night, like many, the tears take over. We were together just about 50 years, four months ago Rose became ill and suddenly, within 24 hours she was gone. ICU staff were caring and lovely. Thank you whoever came up with this idea of us all lighting the candle together, just for a short while it was a comfort. I now feel utterly list again.

3 Likes

“lost” not list. My typo

It was a comfort knowing so many united in memory of our special persons on Christmas eve Malc …that bond still continues through this site for all…I’m not surprised that you feel lost …4 months must still leave everything feeling raw after the loss of your wife …and christmas a time for togetherness with those we love only empathises the emptyness that we feel. My husband passed in February and his birthday fell yesterday Christmas day …I totally get that lost feeling you describe …I hope you find peace and health and some happiness in this coming new year…keep posting on this site …that unity you felt Christmas eve …will not have gone away …take care for now

2 Likes

Hello Malc39200. My darling Gill died at the end of July after a short illness. I am totally alone and wept my way through Christmas day as well. I’m not a lot better today. As you say, I feel lost and total despair.
I’m not even sure that I am going to get through this. You have a comrade in tears Malc, best wishes, Peter.

2 Likes

So lovely to see the many Lit Candles Shining sooooo B-R-I-G-H-T for your loved ones and hear the special stories behind them :two_hearts:

I was sadly unable to join in lighting a candle for my beloved husband, who I lost on 13 September 2020, as I had to come and look after my mum, who was discharged from hospital at lunchtime on Christmas Eve as a COVID contact patient, which means we are both in lockdown at her house. I unfortunately forgot the special candle I had been saving for 7pm on Christmas Eve in the rush to get to her house before she did.

I also had to leave a leak behind with carpet pulled back to dry the floor and move furniture to one end of the room on Christmas Eve morning, so not quite the special moment to think about the lost love of my life at the same time as others, as planned but it was nice to see those of you who were able to do exactly that and share in your moment x

Thinking of everyone who has lost someone and felt the heaviness of this, at the most difficult of time of the year when dear ones traditionally spend time together x

2 Likes

Hello Peter, It was hard for you getting through Christmas without Gill but you made it. Quite a few of us are feeling it hard today and we are feeling down. We lit our candles, we shed our tears and we kept them in our thoughts. We’ve done what we can so now we must sit back and re-gather our energy. Yes - it is hard, but it is the best we can do for now. Thinking of you Peter. Much love.

3 Likes

Thinking of you and light a candle any time you can .
God Bless x

3 Likes

Hi Peter. Christmas Day must have seemed a lot longer than the 24hrs it was to you. I am so sorry you found it so difficult but you got through it and you should be proud of yourself. It is another first and each of them will be so difficult but we have no choice but to ride that storm but just be aware we may not be in your boat but we are all riding the same storm and are here for you every step you take. Sending love and hugs and hope today has been a wee bit better.
Shona xx

2 Likes

Thank you Peter. So sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

I lit my candle on Christmas eve at 7 oclock for my Darling wife who we lost in July to Cancer age 51 we have a daughter age 14.
We both miss her every day & every minute of the day.:broken_heart:

9 Likes

I spent Christmas Day on my own. It was okay. I knew I was seeing everyone in the evening so I had my music on. Pottered about making food for later and did a bit of pampering. I did my hair and make up and was lovely seeing my loved ones later. My best friend and I did a little toast for Frankie. I don’t know how but I got through it and it was not as bad as I expected💙

3 Likes

Hi, @Blue1
I am so sorry for your loss but glad you got through the day. It is very early days for you and you are probably still on automatic pilot but if it helped you through then that’s great and so glad you had family round to keep you company.
We are all family here and all riding out the same storm so please use us.
Shona x

4 Likes

I think the routine of work and music practice is helping massively. If I was sat at home alone all day it would probably be a different story. A friend shared a video of us all from Christmas a few years back and I can watch it and laugh. Frankie was a naturally funny person and my heart was filled with joy seeing him again. I think I am going to be okay. I know there will be wobbles. I had one a few weeks ago that lasted days but will continue to ride the storm. I know I have you guys who know exactly what I’m going through💙

1 Like