Loss of my Husband

I understand how you feel i go out with family and friends and when i get home the place seems empty and i feel so alone do not think that feeling will ever end for me i miss my husband as he was always doing silly things and always telling jokes there was never a dull moment when he was around

1 Like

That must of been so tough for you ,heartbreaking ,Big hugs to you,
Lost my father to cancer 10 years ago ,its a horrendous disease
Take care,Thank you for your kind words,

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words you take care of your self

Hi Heb, I understand how you feel, life is hard when you lose your other half. People who have not walked our path just don’t understand so take one day at a time and remember the good times. Take care of yourself and do the things you enjoy. Spring is in the air so smile and think of the flowers we will soon see. Kind Regards x

2 Likes

Linda wise words. Are you actually from
derbyshire x

Hi Nett, I have only lived in Derbyshire for 11years but love it. The first week I moved here a gentleman walked past me and lifted his hat to me, I felt I was home!! Take care x

2 Likes

Its been 27 weeks since my husband was cruelly taken from me. I still cry constantly, the missing him is just awful. I hate when people ask “how are you”, what are you supposed to say. I just say fine, but IM NOT FINE. I miss everything about him, I miss him tying my laces, making a cuppa, getting me a paracetemol if i have a sore head, telling me i look nice or the top Im wearing is nice and a million other things but i just miss him. Ive had some health issues and there is no-one to look after me. I hate housework but I decided to polish the mirror in the bedroom but then I realised I had just polished away his fingerprints. His glasses are still by the bed, his clothes still in the cupboards. I just hate my life, Im so lonely and Im pushing people away as I just cant be bothered with them. I think i would rather be miserable and count the days till I can join him. Its so hard.

7 Likes

its very early days. my husband was like yours looked after me. cut and painted my toe nails made me food when i was poorly also did my laces up( he got me some elastic laces ) im very unwell now and he would have been fussing me
i miss his cuddles his fun side. i feel like you only we understand. I like to be myself most days so
i can just cry. The doctor is going to get me some counselling. keep coming on here it helps xxx

2 Likes

Thanks Nett. This is all so draining isnt it. I do worry about being on my own now. Its just the normal things like going to the shops, as you say a cuddle on the couch watching tv, he used to massage my feet and then I would do his (friends used to think ugh but we liked it). We were perfect together and now its just quiet, apart from me howling at the walls. When people say, call me anytime or we are always here, they mean well but they are not there when you just need someone to sit next to you and watch tv or sit in the garden or put washer fluid in the car or a million other things that are not important enough to call over a friend. The sadness is all consuming.

4 Likes

Its 129 days that my gorgeous hubby passed away. That was the day my life ended too. I feel robbed of our future together, im only 48 and just cant bear this life without him in it. I had my first counselling session today, just talked, not sure it helped, im trying to keep an open mind tho im not sure how talking is gonna help! I told her about his funeral was full of love and humour, just like he was.
Love and hugs to everyone on here x

2 Likes

I totally understand my husband also passed away during covid but not covid related I feel I can’t grieve as if I do I will lose control of what little sanity I have left miss him terribly x

1 Like

i cant believe we both feel exactly the same and out husbands looked after us in the same way x
Which part of the country do
you live in xx

1 Like

Im im glasgow you?

1 Like

Derby . i moved after 40 years living down south so bri had passed away july and by december i was moved to be near my family. Im glad i moved now but we were going to move up together :cry::cry:

1 Like

Im in Glasgow too.

Hi @Moi1 and @nett I feel exactly the same. I miss my husband so much. It is just twelve months since my husband died and I feel no different. I don’t suppose we will ever stop missing them. I can’t get used to this so called ‘new life’ and I doubt I ever will. My husband has left a huge hole which can’t be filled and I struggle every day to find purpose. Sorry for being so down beat. Take care.X

3 Likes

If there were more support groups to even just meet and have a coffee with someone who gets it think that would help in Glasgow there is nothing. It’s a struggle sending all my love to you all x

1 Like

Me exactly. Im just sad all the time. X

1 Like

I am fortunate in that I am attending a local grief group. The thing that has been most helpful is being with others that understand. I don’t know I can say it is comforting, but it is helpful.
Peace and love, Karen

2 Likes

@Loobyloo2 I can relate to what you are saying. My beloved, precious has been gone 7 mos. I have made no progress in this devasting journey. After 52 yrs of marriage and 57 yrs together how can I “move on” in 7 mos!! Not possible. And what is a new life supposed to look like? If crying everyday, missing my husband so much it hurts, aching for his touch, trying to focus on something, anything, sitting alone, staring where he always sat, remembering everything lost is what a new life or a new normal looks like, well then guess I have achieved that. Do I get up, brush my teeth, have coffee in the morning, well, guess I am moving forward. Nothing will ever be the same. Sadness is my companion. the only saving grace is that with each passing day, I am one day closer to being with him.
Peace and Love, Karen

2 Likes