Loss of my Husband

Karetired
I completely know where you’re coming from. It’s now two years and three months since I lost the love of my life, we were married 54 years and together over 57 and I have not recovered from the awful loss but many People who know me think I’m over the loss just because I put on a happy face and try to get on with my life even though I’m quietly in agony over my loss. I would add that I am hoping still that I can be reasonably happy again but I think it might be a vain hope. Love and best wishes to all.

1 Like

Thats so good wish we had something like that in Glasgow x

My Husband has been gone for 4 months and i miss him so much i miss his silly jokes and him singing while i am watching something on tv because he did not like what i was watching i would give anything to hear him sing again even though it used to wind me up

4 Likes

Hi Skip
Please give the counselling a chance. At first I thought it was a waste of time but actually to apeak to someone who’s outside of my family and friends really did help me. I cried all the way through the first session but she just sat and listened while I tried to express how I felt and she completely understood. Telling me it was perfectly natural to feel so wretched and each day would be a challenge which it certainly is. Counselling is not for everyone but it certainly helped me.

Georgina

2 Likes

The only counselling in my area was either a 3 month wait or phone counselling. The lady called weekly. I managed three times but found it not for me. I just talked and cried and relived everything and she just oooh’d and aaa’d. Useless. I signed up for the sue ryder grief txts and they come about 3 times a week and I have found these messages very helpful. My days are still filled with misery and loneliness and sadness but it’s something.
X

2 Likes

I’m also in Glasgow, and so far have been unable to find any grief groups also. You would think a place the size of Glasgow would have something or some place to go.

1 Like

I know it’s so bad maybe we can try and get a group together and go for a coffee be nice to sit and chat to others who understand x

1 Like

Think its probably going to take something like that to solve the problem x

I’ve found the people on here are the only ones who “get it”. Unless you have gone through this pain then you have no idea. Here, We are all in same boat. Im in Glasgow too and looked for a group to no avail. Not sure if it wd help but if we all feel the same it might help to share. I dont know these things work.

4 Likes

I’m the same, as not sure how it all works on this site to be able to get something sorted but sounds a good idea x

Hi georgie15. Thanks for your reply.
My next one is monday. Im really trying to keep an open mind as i know thats what my hubby would say…

2 Likes

Maybe by putting a post “Glasgow Grief support” see who would like to meet for a coffee? I’ll put a feed up xxx

2 Likes

Its not even mid-day and Im struggling today. One of those days when I cant stop crying. The pain in my heart is sore, the realisation is sore, the loneliness is terrible. I miss everything so much because he was everything. Ive just had friends stay for the weekend but they are a couple and it was just a constant reminder that I dont have my husband any more. I just feel sad and sorry for myself. Its 6 months now and Im getting worse. I really want to pick up a terminal illness myself, refuse treatment and just go to him. Feel so down today xx

5 Likes

Moi1
Feel for you ,know the feeling
Lost my husband 3 months ago ,when i have a bad day, i go for a walk ,or visit his grave, and talk to him or play his favourite music ,it gives me comfort ,
I know its a horrendous feeling the Doctor gave me 2 different anti depressant which i am not taking ,
Big hugs take care xx

thank you Susie3021. People tell me to see the doctor but I know he would only prescribe pills which I refuse to take, thats if I could even get an appointment. While my husband was very ill the doctor was around a lot as were nurses etc but as soon as he went, there was nothing. I really thought the GP or the nurse would at least give a call to see if I was ok or say their condolences. Nothing, just a job to them all. Im not impressed with the care we got but anyway, it doesnt help, nothing does. Its a nice day so i will go for a walk but that is painful too as he loved days like this too.

2 Likes

Hi @Moi1 I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely husband. Your pain is palpable. It’s so hard without our loved one by our side. It’s twelve months since my husband died and I’m not feeling any better, but hope that in time to come that things will improve as I hope tbey will for you too. Sending a hug your way.X

3 Likes

It was my mother in laws birthday yesterday so tried to give her a nice day, as Bri’s brother and sister couldn’t be with her, shes been really good to me and i know Bri would of wanted me to do that but today, i just feel really sad and cant stop crying. im 5 months in to this hell and i seem to be getting worse. I had cancer 2009 and seriously wouldn’t mind if it come back so i could hurry up and join my Bri. Im only 48 and cant live the rest of my life like this

1 Like

Hi Skip I’m so sorry that your lovely husband Bri died. It’s so hard trying to carry on when we lose the love of our lives. I miss my lovely husband so much. We were together fifty years and if I were to get an illness I probably wouldn’t have treatment but I am a lot older than you. When we are in the depths of despair we can’t see a way forward. I am like that now and that is probably the same for you. Hopefully, you will start to feel better over time but nobody knows how long that will take as everyone’s grieving is unique to them. I still cry every day and ask my husband where he is. Unfortunately, he doesn’t answer me. Sending you love.X

5 Likes

Hey I totally get it I ask my husband to just come and see me everyday if I knew he’s ok now and I’d see him again I could go through the rest of my life with peace knowing I’ll see him again. Although in my heart I know I will :heart: hes my soulmate :heart:

2 Likes

It would have been Viv’s 69th birthday this Friday and she was my soul mate. We both knew from the first day we met in 1996, that we would always be together. I know I will see her again and tell her every day. It’s a hard journey and 3 years down the line it’s still difficult. Take care x

3 Likes