Loss of our son aged 27

Thank you Chris. It was very hard for my son and he broke down after the interview. We just don’t want another family to go through the pain that we are enduring xx

Dear Deborah,
Am so sorry for you and all your family, it brings it all back for you all having to do this but it is very brave of your son, your daughter will be very proud of you all, Lovely picture of Kathryn with your grandchildren, I have signed the petition but didn’t leave my name hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.
Take care love from Michelle xxx

You must be so proud, how wonderful that he has the strength to fight for his sister and try to protect others from going through the same agony.
Anne x

Dear Deborah,
You must be very proud of your son still looking out for his sister. I will sign the petition also and I hope you have a better day :heart:

Thanks Victoria. Its a good thing that he’s doing. We now have a local MP campaigning with us. It won’t bring her back but it may stop another family having to endure this pain x

2 Likes

Thanks Anne. It was very hard for him yesterday being near the accident site but it his helping him with his grief xx

2 Likes

Thanks Michelle. It was heartbreaking watching it but hopefully it will do some good. I’m proud of my son and what he is doing xx

2 Likes

It’s a nightmare that you and your family are having to live through and my thoughts are with you…when something so tragic as this happens there are always so many questions and so many answers,but the questions that every Mother wants to know is the questions with no answers…You have a lovely son who obviously loved his litter sister you must be very proud of them both…xxx

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I was feeling quite down yesterday and so trying to be positive, I remembered I had a dance video saved on my IPhone. I used to do modern jive dancing but haven’t danced since losing Gemma. So I played it and had a little dance … it made me feel so much better and luckily there was no one here to see! Very strange how it just popped into my head at that moment.
My dad used to teach Latin American dancing and I used to go with him so it also connects me back to him a little.
Hope you are all okay this weekend xxx

4 Likes

Good for you, Victoria. x x x

1 Like

Lovely Victoria. This weekend Jemma is up and she is good at getting things for Brooke to do. Today they made Percy Pig cupcakes and then flower baskets. Jemma took it back to basics with preparing the flowers, soaking the Oasis and cutting the flowers to start. After the first one helped by Jemma, she made this basket for me all by herself! The joy this little human brings into our lives.
Love to you all.
Kate xx

3 Likes

How lovely Kate! Jemma is such a lovely girl and must be such a help and comfort to you and to little Brooke. It would be lovely if Brooke followed in her mummy’s footsteps and loved floristry. :hibiscus::bouquet::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Victoria, I am amazed that she remembers so much of what her Mummy did. As soon as she saw the Oasis she said, Granny we need a big bowl of cold water to put it in.
Then when we got to the tulips in the first attempt, she instinctively started taking the leaves of them. Incredible as she was only 3 and a half when Mummy got her Angel wings.xxxxx

3 Likes

What a wee darling, how mum must have been so proud.
So clever that she remembers what her mum told her. She sounds like a wonderful girl.
Glad she gives you comfort.
Anne x

1 Like

Hello Deborah,

Your son is so brave, still looking out for his sister. I know you are so proud of him.

With love Helen

1 Like

Hi Helen
He is very brave and i am do proud of him. He has been devastated by her loss, they were very close.
Xx

Hi everyone
I’m having a really hard week. I just don’t want to be here living a life without my son. I cant look forward to the future, I just wish I was gone too. I know I have to go on for Euan but I’m so unhappy.
Everyone thinks I’m doing so well but I’m not. I can hold a conversation, smile etc but all the time I’m thinking about him.
I’m stuck in a never ending nightmare.
Anne

2 Likes

Hi Ruby
I know exactly how you feel as I have been going through the same emotions. I don’t want to be here either. The family liaison officer came to see me on Sunday to hand back my daughters phone. She discussed the accident and it has taken me right back to imagining my daughter in the car. I just can’t cope with it all. I have had a smile on my face a couple of times but inside I feel broken. I don’t fear death at all and if it wasn’t for my other daughter and my son I’m sure I would have gone to be with Kathryn by now. The missing her is killing me. Deborah x is

2 Likes

Dear Anne,
It is so very hard and sometimes seems impossible to carry on. But you have Euan and he is worth living for. We have to bide our time and live our lives the best we can until we meet up with our precious children again. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Sending you a big hug xxx

1 Like

2 Likes